Official DOOM ETERNAL Discussion

So doom 3 was the favorite of the series for you then?

I love deadspace, but it’s a different play feel for survival horror.

Doom 3 almost feels like a “proof of concept” prior to dead space if you will.

Doom 3, for the majority is the least liked of ALL doom games, IT doesn’t feel like DOOM

Doom is supposed to be super fast paced, casual rip and tear killing insanity.

Turn it on ultraviolence or Nightmare, strap in and go to killing.

That’s the ONLY way to play Doom IMO

I always have mixed feelings about Deadspace. I loved the atmosphere but holy shit, movement on the first one was like walking through quicksand at all times. Very frustrating. Doom 3 was hated on by a lot of people but I kinda liked it. One thing is for sure, it was way ahead of its time graphically. There wasn't a computer on the planet that could run it on max settings when it first came out.

Rating pending huh, well if they are gonna make it nc-17 then maybe we can see some boobs and the slayer can finally get some.

You know he needs it by now, maybe that’s why he’s always so angry <45>

I always have mixed feelings about Deadspace. I loved the atmosphere but holy shit, movement on the first one was like walking through quicksand at all times. Very frustrating. Doom 3 was hated on by a lot of people but I kinda liked it. One thing is for sure, it was way ahead of its time graphically. There wasn't a computer on the planet that could run it on max settings when it first came out.
I LOVED Doom 3 when it came out, the rag doll physics were the first out, it was a graphical masterpiece at the time.

But imo it doesn’t hold up, I tried to replay it here recently and just went MEH but I had just finished an ultraviolence run on Doom, put 3 in played it for about and hour and turned it off and started doom 2 over from scratch again instead.

It had been a LONG time since I had played doom 3

So you like survival horror, like doom 3, and dead space and don’t think Doom 2016 feels like doom.

What you mean is” I never played OG Doom, so I don’t know how ITS SUPPOSED to play”

Because Doom 2016, on Nightmare, Plays like Fucking Doom

I pretty much agree with you about Doom2016, AKA Doom4. Or is it Doom4? There was some extra Doom action like Doom Ultimate. Anyway, here is the thing. Doom2016 was a great resurgence for the title and I thought it was pretty damn well done. it was optimized like a MF'er. I've rarely seen a game run as smooth as glass at all times and Doom2016 did. I agree that it has that original Doom feel to it but I would like to see more story elements and NPC's to it. Basically Doom 1 and 2 were straight shooter, Doom guy doesn't even speak, then Doom3 mixed in a ton of "survival horror" and maybe went too far with it, then Doom2016 went back to more of the original.

What I'm saying is, if they could take Doom3's atmosphere and story and mix it with Doom2016's action, it would be a truly sick title. I would love to see something like that.

I pretty much agree with you about Doom2016, AKA Doom4. Or is it Doom4? There was some extra Doom action like Doom Ultimate. Anyway, here is the thing. Doom2016 was a great resurgence for the title and I thought it was pretty damn well done. it was optimized like a MF'er. I've rarely seen a game run as smooth as glass at all times and Doom2016 did. I agree that it has that original Doom feel to it but I would like to see more story elements and NPC's to it. Basically Doom 1 and 2 were straight shooter, Doom guy doesn't even speak, then Doom3 mixed in a ton of "survival horror" and maybe went too far with it, then Doom2016 went back to more of the original.

What I'm saying is, if they could take Doom3's atmosphere and story and mix it with Doom2016's action, it would be a truly sick title. I would love to see something like that.
I watched some documentary where they did it like that at first, and felt it slowed down the game play too much and it didn’t feel like doom like the final version of 2016 was.

There is a ton of lore in 2016, it’s just hidden away in finding it. And you don’t have to, so it doesn’t slow you down if you don’t want it too.

I would rather have more of that too, after all these years and different stories, we need something other than having to feed the books.

I found my copy of.knee deep in the dead, doom book the other day.

About to reread it when I finish the Vader book I’m reading now.

Nah, you craft an atmosphere. DOOM and Doom 3’s contradict each other.

Some would call the one after doom 3, doom 4 and 2016 doom 5, but like doom 3, it doesn’t continue with the original story, it starts over in a new place(or does it?) so its doom 2016.

Some have theories that 2016 IS a sequel to doom 2, skipping 3, but we are centuries after doom 2, because in doom we are the doom guy, just a normal marine in the wrong place at the wrong time.

2016 we are “The Doom Slayer” , but some have postulated that we were trapped in hell for centuries and became the doom slayer.

I don’t agree, because I seem to remeber the Slayer was on of the knights sentinals , it would be hard to be a marine and then be that

But if he was trapped in hell for centuries then maybe he became one?

We’ll probably never get a straight answer.

Some would call the one after doom 3, doom 4 and 2016 doom 5, but like doom 3, it doesn’t continue with the original story, it starts over in a new place(or does it?) so its doom 2016.

Some have theories that 2016 IS a sequel to doom 2, skipping 3, but we are centuries after doom 2, because in doom we are the doom guy, just a normal marine in the wrong place at the wrong time.

2016 we are “The Doom Slayer” , but some have postulated that we were trapped in hell for centuries and became the doom slayer.

I don’t agree, because I seem to remeber the Slayer was on of the knights sentinals , it would be hard to be a marine and then be that

But if he was trapped in hell for centuries then maybe he became one?

We’ll probably never get a straight answer.

I have always leaned toward the Doom Slayer being a blood relative of the Blazkowicz clan. Castle Wolfenstein was before Doom and they appear to be in the same universe. Probably not the case but I still like to think of the Doom Slayer as the same guy.

th

Rating pending huh, well if they are gonna make it nc-17 then maybe we can see some boobs and the slayer can finally get some.

You know he needs it by now, maybe that’s why he’s always so angry <45>

Well, Bethesda may go too far with having Doomguy fucking the corpse of a dead demon.

That'd warrant an Adults Only rating.

But, then Bethesda can recruit the LGBTQ community to rally for the game to get a simple 'E For Everyone' rating by pointing out the demon corpse Doomguy was fucking was a guy.

'If you don't think Doom Eternal deserves an E For Everybody rating, you're homophobic.... and Necrophobic.'

Spider-Mastermind-Doom-video-game-c.jpg

And if Doomguy fucks the corpse of a SpiderMastermind, they can add arachnophobic to the list.

And might as well reveal Doomguy is transexual, and add transphobic to the list.

I have always leaned toward the Doom Slayer being a blood relative of the Blazkowicz clan. Castle Wolfenstein was before Doom and they appear to be in the same universe. Probably not the case but I still like to think of the Doom Slayer as the same guy.

th
Doom Guy, from Doom 1/2 for sure is related to him, and they are both related to Commander Keen, that’s been staged before.

The 2016 Doom lore really throws a wrench in the mix with him being “the doom slayer” a past knight sentinal that has come back from hell.

Well, Bethesda may go too far with having Doomguy fucking the corpse of a dead demon.

That'd warrant an Adults Only rating.

But, then Bethesda can recruit the LGBTQ community to rally for the game to get a simple 'E For Everyone' rating by pointing out the demon corpse Doomguy was fucking was a guy.

'If you don't think Doom Eternal deserves an E For Everybody rating, you're homophobic.... and Necrophobic.'

Spider-Mastermind-Doom-video-game-c.jpg

And if Doomguy fucks the corpse of a SpiderMastermind, they can add arachnophobic to the list.

And might as well reveal Doomguy is transexual, and add transphobic to the list.

Doom Guy, from Doom 1/2 for sure is related to him, and they are both related to Commander Keen, that’s been staged before.

The 2016 Doom lore really throws a wrench in the mix with him being “the doom slayer” a past knight sentinal that has come back from hell.

Yea but that's just a theory right? We don't know who the "Doom Slayer" is. I get that they introduced the Knight Sentinals in 2016 but in hell many different dimensions are mixed together right? Meaning that the Doom marine could have encountered the Doom Sentinals in hell and become one of them or something. I'm not sure I.D. Software will ever truly reveal what happened.

Yea but that's just a theory right? We don't know who the "Doom Slayer" is. I get that they introduced the Knight Sentinals in 2016 but in hell many different dimensions are mixed together right? Meaning that the Doom marine could have encountered the Doom Sentinals in hell and become one of them or something. I'm not sure I.D. Software will ever truly reveal what happened.
Yeah that’s what I was saying one possibility was, and we have no reference for time either.

He could have been in there for centuries.

Yeah that’s what I was saying one possibility was, and we have no reference for time either.

He could have been in there for centuries.

I guess basically what really happened is that the people who own the new Wolfenstein games is not I.D. Software, which is owned by Bethesda. So they have a situation where even though the original games were in the same universe, now they are being made by different companies, hence, a need to create a new family line and time line for the Doom Marine/Slayer. It kinda makes me sad because it alters both games. I did find this timeline that explains a lot of it though.

https://doom.fandom.com/wiki/ID_multiverse_timeline

I guess basically what really happened is that the people who own the new Wolfenstein games is not I.D. Software, which is owned by Bethesda. So they have a situation where even though the original games were in the same universe, now they are being made by different companies, hence, a need to create a new family line and time line for the Doom Marine/Slayer. It kinda makes me sad because it alters both games. I did find this timeline that explains a lot of it though.

Fuck that’s a confusing read.

Yea it is, but you can see that the Blazkowicz blood line was an integral part of both the Doom and Wolfenstein universe but over time I guess now they have to take a different path because Doom and Wolfenstein are made by different studios. So you are right, we will probably get a reveal that the Doom Slayer is some ancient Knight Sentinel but it rings a little bit hollow to me as a long term fan of both Doom and Wolfenstein.

You take that helmet off, its supposed to be a Blazkowicz in there. The Blazkowicz's do two things, kill demons, and kill Nazi's.

This is one of those *Sounds cool in your imagination, but would suck if it was made cannon* ideas.

And it'd have no relevance to either franchise's plot, because of separate timelines.

'But if its true, there could be a crossover!'

If there's a crossover between Doom and Wolfenstein, that means Bethesda truly has completely ran out of all new ideas and said 'Fuck it, lets make a cross-over. Demon Nazis have taken over the entire solar system and only the two biggest badasses in the history of humanity can save the universe!'

...yeah..... no.

Yet they are all in Quake Champions...

This is one of those *Sounds cool in your imagination, but would suck if it was made cannon* ideas.

And it'd have no relevance to either franchise's plot, because of separate timelines.

'But if its true, there could be a crossover!'

If there's a crossover between Doom and Wolfenstein, that means Bethesda truly has completely ran out of all new ideas and said 'Fuck it, lets make a cross-over. Demon Nazis have taken over the entire solar system and only the two biggest badasses in the history of humanity can save the universe!'

...yeah..... no.

Demon nazis?

Dude you had me sold...what do you mean "no"???

ZINrsC.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blunttruth
Back