Spoilers Official ELDEN RING Discussion [PS/PC/Xbox]

Your Elden Ring Waifu:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well I beat the game. I feel awful. I did not know that burning the thorns of the Erdtree would burn the Erdtree itself, along with the Capital City and the rest of the fucking world. I was a Paladin, I wanted to do the right thing.

So it's time to start over. I made a mage, and unless I'm missing something, it seems to be pretty overpowered which is a fun change. I now know that the Moonlight Greatsword is in the game (although I should have known, it's in every FromSoftware game). So I'm gonna go for that.

However I'm also tempted to keep going with my Paladin-- I'm at level 149 and I have the friggin Hammer of Marika!

What should I do?!?!

Well I beat the game. I feel awful. I did not know that burning the thorns of the Erdtree would burn the Erdtree itself, along with the Capital City and the rest of the fucking world. I was a Paladin, I wanted to do the right thing.

So it's time to start over. I made a mage, and unless I'm missing something, it seems to be pretty overpowered which is a fun change. I now know that the Moonlight Greatsword is in the game (although I should have known, it's in every FromSoftware game). So I'm gonna go for that.

However I'm also tempted to keep going with my Paladin-- I'm at level 149 and I have the friggin Hammer of Marika!

What should I do?!?!
Why not both?

What should I do?!?!
I got bored with my mage build and ended up going back to melee.

I got bored with my mage build and ended up going back to melee.
What do you think of a Strength and Arcane build? Don't have to worry about focus, just Strength, Endurance and Arcane, carry a big sword with bleed

What should I do?!?!
Id stay at 149 if you like PVP
Im currently 150 bleed build ( wanted to give it a try to see how OP it was) Strength builds are great in this game too.

You can always respec and change your build up without leveling up higher

Id stay at 149 if you like PVP
Im currently 150 bleed build ( wanted to give it a try to see how OP it was) Strength builds are great in this game too.

You can always respec and change your build up without leveling up higher
Cool, thank you. Is 150 like the agreed upon level or does it just become diminishing afterwards?

I love this game. I have a couple gripes though. The biggest one is that a good deal of the bosses are more gear and level checks rather than skill ones. There are some combos that simply cannot be dodged or parried. Or if they can be, the formula is completely lost on me. I don't think I'm the best gamer out there, but I'm pretty good. I grew up on Contra, Ghosts and Goblins, and I've been playing these since Demon's Souls back in '09. And while it's certainly possible that this game has a different dance and I'm just not getting it, I find it unlikely. There are some bosses that I just don't know how could be beaten without Co-Op or at least a very, very specific build.

Beyond that, a couple irritating things with the menu. The doll that you guys were talking about, I didn't even know I had. And I'm almost positive that it's not my fault- there are times when you get multiple items from a boss kill, and on a couple different occasions a cutscene would fade in before I could cycle through the goods I'd just received, and when the gameplay resumed there was no more prompt. I like the lore of From games, and I will generally either write down or take a picture of stuff that I acquire so I can read the item information when the action dies down.

Another thing that actually caused a couple deaths was the fact that some prompts do not allow you to engage in combat or movement until you hit "Y". And THAT is utter nonsense. I get that information in this game is important, and that there are moments when you need to pause and recognize that something has occurred, but it's the opposite problem from the aforementioned. I want a more durable prompt when I get some key items after a boss fight-- you know, when nothing is coming at me. What I don't want is to not be able to raise my shield against a dozen skeletons because it was really important to let me know that somewhere a door opened.

But other than that, I love it. Wonderful game. I've been careful to stay away from youtube videos talking about the game until after I've beaten it, but looking at them now, it appears that many people think it's just not worth playing through a second time. I guess my perspective could change but at the moment, I have no idea why anyone would think that.

What do you think of a Strength and Arcane build? Don't have to worry about focus, just Strength, Endurance and Arcane, carry a big sword with bleed
Sounds good. I just got bored hurling magic bolts at everything. First playthrough was mostly katanas which was awesome.

Few days in

Pimpin ain't easy, they say

I disagree
ELDEN-RING-20221004222400.jpg

Game is pretty fun

There's a dude playing an infinite ng mod of the game on Twitch, he's at like ng+132. Only thing he can use on bosses at this point is black flame because it's percentage based instead of a flat damage number. And predictably everything one shots him.

There's a dude playing an infinite ng mod of the game on Twitch, he's at like ng+132. Only thing he can use on bosses at this point is black flame because it's percentage based instead of a flat damage number. And predictably everything one shots him.
God gamer Distortion 2 is not just a dude, bud.

I think he and Gino are competing for longest challenge run.

I was watching him for a bit last night on Godskin Duo and he figured it would take 4-5 hours as well. He just stands in front of them and parries everything. I think he might understand this game better than anyone, even Dist. His spacing and timing on every enemy is crazy good.

I was watching him for a bit last night on Godskin Duo and he figured it would take 4-5 hours as well. He just stands in front of them and parries everything. I think he might understand this game better than anyone, even Dist. His spacing and timing on every enemy is crazy good.
Never heard of him until this. The positioning is perfect to set him up for every attack. Pretty wild.

Never heard of him until this. The positioning is perfect to set him up for every attack. Pretty wild.
He's the best at DS3 and ER, besides Dist. He's done all the craziest challenge runs and is usually the favourite in no hit tournaments.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back