• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PlayStation Official Final Fantasy XVI Discussion

I'm wondering if it's bullshit. I heard there was a sex scene shortly after starting and I haven't seen anything.
I think it’s from the heavily implied scene between
Benedikta and Titan. Right before the cut scene of the battle of Shiva and Titan
Outside of that, I haven’t a clue. I need to stop watching spoilers but I can’t help it lol.

Do I spend full price ($105cad) on this game? 5 likes and I'll do it.

84615166.jpg

EDIT: Okay, looks like I'm going to have to pony up the cash. I've consulted with the wife, and while she loathes the price of video games these days, she understands the importance of not being a little bitch and welching on a karate forum.

<{UberTS}>
That’s 10 likes now

buy 2 copies imo

Has anyone actually died yet? The gameplay is fun but you can get hit by the enemy 20 times and not die.

Has anyone actually died yet? The gameplay is fun but you can get hit by the enemy 20 times and not die.

Just once only due to fighting a NM and looked away for a second, it had an countdown timer attack and looked away at the wrong time and then died

That’s my only minor gripe so far, just beat Benediktas 2 flying minions, super fun, could be a little harder.

Probably my main complaint right now is how easy it is. Was talking to another guy who's also playing it and he mentioned the same thing it's to easy. Wondering how hard mode is. In FF7R it was much more than just stronger monsters. I think they even stopped you from using healing items in FF7R.

I think they over compensated because of FF7R. I thought even on normal that the game was pretty tough I can't imagine what casuals thought. Then again that's what easy mode is for.

Last edited:
Really enjoying the gameplay, feels like a true nextgen. Also the story is pretty epic, reminds me of playing metal gear games, which I really like

They should have made the will bars or whatever they are a constant refill or something to really incentivize aggressive chains. Maybe make magic a third bar to attack to add some build diversity.

It’s fun to chain skills and try and win as fast as possible, you can quite literally button mash through every enemy I’ve faced so far at about 13 hours in.

They should have made the will bars or whatever they are a constant refill or something to really incentivize aggressive chains. Maybe make magic a third bar to attack to add some build diversity.

It’s fun to chain skills and try and win as fast as possible, you can quite literally button mash through every enemy I’ve faced so far at about 13 hours in.

The funny thing is I died on one boss because I just didn't refill any potions. So I thought damn I really have to focus this time around since I only have 1 potion. Nope I restarted and they filled all my potions.

The funny thing is I died on one boss because I just didn't refill any potions. So I thought damn I really have to focus this time around since I only have 1 potion. Nope I restarted and they filled all my potions.

Died for the first time and noticed there were 2 choices, one was continue from checkpoint with extra potions or go to main menu.

Did that and continued, went back to the beginning of the fight the same way I went in the first time.

Died for the first time and noticed there were 2 choices, one was continue from checkpoint with extra potions or go to main menu.

Did that and continued, went back to the beginning of the fight the same way I went in the first time.

I never noticed it said with extra potions. I probably didn't real the full thing and just knew I didn't want to go back to the main menu. I bet hard mode gets rid of that but then I'm not sure because those rings still work in that mode so maybe not.

I never noticed it said with extra potions. I probably didn't real the full thing and just knew I didn't want to go back to the main menu. I bet hard mode gets rid of that but then I'm not sure because those rings still work in that mode so maybe not.

See those rings of timely evasion, healing etc.

Haven’t bothered using them.

Beat the game, will probably do a nerdy gushy write up later.

But for now, loved it. Excellent, terrific, couldn't be happier. 10/10 already playing again on Final Fantasy mode.
Question for ya,
I saw a thumbnail that the hooded figure might be an older Joshua? The dominant that awakens Ifrit? I’m picking the game up on Friday lol

Lack of crippling difficulty isn’t an issue anymore.

Too much epicness to care.

Same I skipped all that stuff.
I thought about using them once, when I ran into an S rank on accident. Then I noticed it was like 15 levels higher than me, and just came back later.

Beat the game, will probably do a nerdy gushy write up later.

But for now, loved it. Excellent, terrific, couldn't be happier. 10/10 already playing again on Final Fantasy mode.

I'm around 10 or so hours in, game is amazing and am already thinking about getting plat trophy if it's not too annoying and NG+ after. Gameplay, story, characters etc. are all great. Might become one of my favorite games of all time, at the very least it's up there amongst the best I've played in years.

A complaint I do have though is that the game seems to stutter or something? I am not sure exactly what it is. Motion blur? I always turn motion blur off but don't see the option for this game so idk if that's it or not. I have the game playing on Performance mode and my TV/PS5 is capable of 120hz so I am not sure what it is exactly but when moving while turning hte camera there seems to be some stuttering or something. It was very noticeable early but the more I play I think my eyes are adjusting but yeah so far that's my only complaint and in the end it's very minor. The game looks great overall.

Back