• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PlayStation Official Final Fantasy XVI Discussion

I'm around 10 or so hours in, game is amazing and am already thinking about getting plat trophy if it's not too annoying and NG+ after. Gameplay, story, characters etc. are all great. Might become one of my favorite games of all time, at the very least it's up there amongst the best I've played in years.

A complaint I do have though is that the game seems to stutter or something? I am not sure exactly what it is. Motion blur? I always turn motion blur off but don't see the option for this game so idk if that's it or not. I have the game playing on Performance mode and my TV/PS5 is capable of 120hz so I am not sure what it is exactly but when moving while turning hte camera there seems to be some stuttering or something. It was very noticeable early but the more I play I think my eyes are adjusting but yeah so far that's my only complaint and in the end it's very minor. The game looks great overall.

I know that there are some areas that just have sudden FPS drops form like 60 to 40 or something like that and apparently if you don't have VRR on your TV it will be noticeable. There also is motion blur but I think they already announced there will be a patch to give you the option to disable t.

I'm around 10 or so hours in, game is amazing and am already thinking about getting plat trophy if it's not too annoying and NG+ after. Gameplay, story, characters etc. are all great. Might become one of my favorite games of all time, at the very least it's up there amongst the best I've played in years.

A complaint I do have though is that the game seems to stutter or something? I am not sure exactly what it is. Motion blur? I always turn motion blur off but don't see the option for this game so idk if that's it or not. I have the game playing on Performance mode and my TV/PS5 is capable of 120hz so I am not sure what it is exactly but when moving while turning hte camera there seems to be some stuttering or something. It was very noticeable early but the more I play I think my eyes are adjusting but yeah so far that's my only complaint and in the end it's very minor. The game looks great overall.
I never really noticed outside a few moments, and never in combat, and some fights get graphically insane.

The plat actually looks pretty reasonable, going to actually work on it myself, which is rare.

The plat actually looks pretty reasonable, going to actually work on it myself, which is rare.

Yea I went over the trophy details the best I could without spoiling anything and it's all very reasonable. I try to go for plat in games I'm enjoying but sometimes they just want me to do stuff that is way to tedious. Star ocean wanting me to craft over 270+ different items and their crafting system is very
convoluted and largely based on chance. I said no thanks and moved on.

Yea I went over the trophy details the best I could without spoiling anything and it's all very reasonable. I try to go for plat in games I'm enjoying but sometimes they just want me to do stuff that is way to tedious. Star ocean wanting me to craft over 270+ different items and their crafting system is very
convoluted and largely based on chance. I said no thanks and moved on.
Mastering all of the eikons might be the most tedious for this one I think, and even that is not too bad when doing a Final Fantasy difficulty playthrough

I know that there are some areas that just have sudden FPS drops form like 60 to 40 or something like that and apparently if you don't have VRR on your TV it will be noticeable. There also is motion blur but I think they already announced there will be a patch to give you the option to disable t.
I never really noticed outside a few moments, and never in combat, and some fights get graphically insane.

Awesome that’s good to hear about disabling motion blur. Tbh I don’t notice the FPS drop or whatever during combat either it’s only really when I’m just moving the camera around and moving while in towns or some environments. I think a lot of it is the motion blur as I mentioned I always disable it

Good to hear about the plat requirements.

Awesome that’s good to hear about disabling motion blur. Tbh I don’t notice the FPS drop or whatever during combat either it’s only really when I’m just moving the camera around and moving while in towns or some environments. I think a lot of it is the motion blur as I mentioned I always disable it

Yea actually DF noted that during combat the game is like 99% of the time running at 60 FPS. It's during other areas that it will drop suddenly which is kind of confusing. It seems like they disabled the feature for the game to drop the resolution as low as it needs to, to maintain 60 FPS outside of combat. During combat it will drop as low as it has to go to maintain the 60 FPS.

Soken must be constantly busy, kinda feels like he finished the soundtrack for Endwalker, then did FF16 and probably already has most of the next FF14 expansion soundtrack done too

Soken must be constantly busy, kinda feels like he finished the soundtrack for Endwalker, then did FF16 and probably already has most of the next FF14 expansion soundtrack done too

Not to mention battling cancer during that time. That dude is a machine

I’m becoming increasingly disappointed the more I play it. I’m about 12-15 hours in. Some things it does very very well, but there is just so much missing, IMO. I’m just sprinting in a straight line to the next objective, steam rolling everything in my path with the same combos over and over, and hoping I get a good cut scene. Absolutely no reason to “explore,” get new items (they don’t exist) or talk to anyone in between.

Great story idea, voice acting, music and when the Eikons are front and center it is awesome. Everything else is mediocre.

I’m becoming increasingly disappointed the more I play it. I’m about 12-15 hours in. Some things it does very very well, but there is just so much missing, IMO. I’m just sprinting in a straight line to the next objective, steam rolling everything in my path with the same combos over and over, and hoping I get a good cut scene. Absolutely no reason to “explore,” get new items (they don’t exist) or talk to anyone in between.

Great story idea, voice acting, music and when the Eikons are front and center it is awesome. Everything else is mediocre.

Once the side quests and Notorious Monster's start coming through theres some tougher enemies than normal and some of the better crafting materials start becoming available plus "inventory upgrades"

I do think the side quest suck. There's only been one I thought was good so far. I expected that though FF7R was pretty much the same. At least they are short and simple.

Combats fine for me though I'm really enjoying it. Not sure how far you are in but I'm pretty sure more options unlock after the point you are in. You keep getting more and more options.

Haven't had as much chance as I'd like to play but that
Titan Lost
was fun as hell

Haven't had as much chance as I'd like to play but that
Titan Lost
was fun as hell

Just did it as well very fun. Hopefully going to have enough time to beat it this week with the extra days off.

About 10 hours in maybe, getting ready to leave Martha's Rest. Enjoying the game but it hasn't hooked me yet. Game seams really dark and with any light on the room I can barely see the screen, even with the brightness all the way up.

It also drives me nuts there isn't a sprint button and it's triggered by running in the same direction for a few seconds. With how much I like to look for loot in every corner I feel like I'm constantly waiting for the sprint to engage.

About 10 hours in maybe, getting ready to leave Martha's Rest. Enjoying the game but it hasn't hooked me yet. Game seams really dark and with any light on the room I can barely see the screen, even with the brightness all the way up.

It also drives me nuts there isn't a sprint button and it's triggered by running in the same direction for a few seconds. With how much I like to look for loot in every corner I feel like I'm constantly waiting for the sprint to engage.

The sprint thing drives me crazy.

Back