PlayStation Official Final Fantasy XVI Discussion

This game continues the same story beats over and over. This is the third damn time I’ve had to sit through bad guys terrorizing bearers and fighting basically the same bosses. I feel like this game definitely put its best foot forward in the demo and everything after has been very spotty. Sadly I’ve gotten to the point where I just button mash through dialogue now because it’s so repetitive.

Having Bahamut abiltiies is way too much fun

Just done the best Ifrit section so far, pretty awesome, had to go out just after another jump forward in time, it’s at least a 9/10 so far, a few niggles off perfect.

Just done the best Ifrit section so far, pretty awesome, had to go out just after another jump forward in time, it’s at least a 9/10 so far, a few niggles off perfect.

stare-angry.gif

I'm around 20 or so hours in, currently have 3 Eikons unlocked and just
took down Drake's Head mother crystal
. Still loving the game so far although iirc I read complaints about the story pacing and I can see that. It definitely feels like once the story "settles" a bit its become a lot less exciting. It's still interesting enough and I like the characters and there's constantly little cliffhanger type things but the beginning was insane and it just was impossible for them to keep that up forever which isn't really bad but I can see how people can start to lose interest a little bit. I am genuinely interested in how the rest of the story is going to unfold and am constantly trying to predict what's going to happen.

I wish they had some commands for temporary teammates. I get that the teammates aren't always there but at least from what i've seen you almost always have at least one companion if not 2+ so I feel like there could have been another set of commands similar to what you have for Torgal. Idk, it would just feel a little more involved if you could, and probably would have been another way to make up combos. I'm glad that you do have at least one companion most of the time because one of my biggest concerns was just being solo the whole time.

Knew someone would tease him for that, ha. Dates back to 1600s apparently, from North Germanic hnøggr and later nigla (example). All good.
I’ve heard of it but there’s no way in hell I’d ever have that word in my vocabulary. He’s got to be outside of the USA. You’d get killed saying that in any urban area.

Its also used as a term for an slight injury

new update cropped today v1.000.003

Final Fantasy 16 Update 1.000.003 Patch Notes – July 6, 2023
  • New System Tab Additions:
    • Motion Blur Strength: Adjust the strength of motion blur when in motion.
    • Player Follow (Movement): Disable camera following during player movement.
    • Player Follow (Attack): Disable camera following during player attacks.
  • Camera Sensitivity Increase: Maximum camera sensitivity setting raised from 10 to 20.
  • New Controller Layouts: Three new controller layouts introduced (types D, E, and F).
  • Menu Stability Improvement: Fixes an issue affecting the stability of certain menus.
  • Text Issue Corrections: Resolves various text-related problems.
  • Various minor bugs have been addressed.
  • Game crashing issues have been resolved.
  • Audio and dialogue-related bugs have been fixed.
  • Glitches in the game have been addressed.
  • Issues with textures have been resolved.
  • Other minor tweaks.

Been working my way through final fantasy mode pretty quickly. I honestly don't notice much of a difference so it's a bit disappointing in that regard. With that said I'm having fun with the combat as I discovered a lot of different combinations and things to try.

I feel like nobody would care if this game was easy and still turn based as most of the series has been. However make it action and suddenly everyone expects to see “YOU DIED” across their television. I agree that the regular trash mobs should be more threatening though. Supposedly arcade mode in FF mode has an ever higher difficulty level so I guess those looking for a challenge should go there. Maybe they’ll listen and add some type of hardcore difficulty in the future. I’d also love to see some FFXIII-2 style dlc in the form of more superbosses

I feel like nobody would care if this game was easy and still turn based as most of the series has been. However make it action and suddenly everyone expects to see “YOU DIED” across their television. I agree that the regular trash mobs should be more threatening though. Supposedly arcade mode in FF mode has an ever higher difficulty level so I guess those looking for a challenge should go there. Maybe they’ll listen and add some type of hardcore difficulty in the future. I’d also love to see some FFXIII-2 style dlc in the form of more superbosses

I've been working my way through FF mode and it is harder. It started off pretty easy but it's getting tougher. That just might be because I'm blasting through this mode though and skipping all side quest. I even skip regular trash mobs if possible. So I'm noticing bosses are about 3 levels higher than me. If the levels of the bosses keeps rising without mine keeping up I might have to stop and grind some level eventually.

I have died a lot more also. That was partly my fault though because I started a main mission with only 3 potions and they no longer refill after dying in this mode. I was able to get it done though. I did think about leaving to buy more and just starting over but thankfully didn't have to do it. The next mission was much easier.

From what I read online you will have to do some grinding in order to get all the ability points you will need to maximize your abilities. So if I have to grind levels eventually at least it will be useful in helping me get my ability points. I suspect I'll be able to plat the game next week. Depending on how much free time I get this weekend.

I've been working my way through FF mode and it is harder. It started off pretty easy but it's getting tougher. That just might be because I'm blasting through this mode though and skipping all side quest. I even skip regular trash mobs if possible. So I'm noticing bosses are about 3 levels higher than me. If the levels of the bosses keeps rising without mine keeping up I might have to stop and grind some level eventually.

I have died a lot more also. That was partly my fault though because I started a main mission with only 3 potions and they no longer refill after dying in this mode. I was able to get it done though. I did think about leaving to buy more and just starting over but thankfully didn't have to do it. The next mission was much easier.

From what I read online you will have to do some grinding in order to get all the ability points you will need to maximize your abilities. So if I have to grind levels eventually at least it will be useful in helping me get my ability points. I suspect I'll be able to plat the game next week. Depending on how much free time I get this weekend.
You could just refund your points from abilities you aren’t using and max out your current loadout. That’s what I did but I only beat bahamut. Haven’t finished yet

You could just refund your points from abilities you aren’t using and max out your current loadout. That’s what I did but I only beat bahamut. Haven’t finished yet

Yea that’s what I did but for the trophy you need to max all of them.

Yea that’s what I did but for the trophy you need to max all of them.
Oh gotcha , I actually haven’t looked at the trophy list yet but that makes sense it being a requirement. Hoping I can finish the game in the next week or so. Been losing some hours of sleep, tough with a baby but gaming is good for my mental health. I couldn’t imagine just working and taking care of baby without ever having a bit of fun

tough with a baby but gaming is good for my mental health. I couldn’t imagine just working and taking care of baby without ever having a bit of fun

Yea I'm pretty much in the same boat. Literally been playing most of the game with my controller above my head. My daughter cries her ass off if she is left alone in her play pen. When I get in there with her she will try and grab the controller if I don't put it out of her reach.

Haven’t used the extra potion option once, just exit to the menu and continue, always puts me back right before the tricky bit.

Takes about 30 secs max.

Back