PlayStation Official Final Fantasy XVI Discussion

Beat final fantasy mode. Needed to grind about 30000 ability points. Enemies ended up being around 5-8 levels higher than me by the end of the game. Some of the bosses were getting a bit tough.

Overall amazing game and I had a lot of fun getting the plat.

Beat final fantasy mode. Needed to grind about 30000 ability points. Enemies ended up being around 5-8 levels higher than me by the end of the game. Some of the bosses were getting a bit tough.

Overall amazing game and I had a lot of fun getting the plat.
Nice that’s impressive. Did you take off work to accomplish that? My daughter wakes up too easily in day time for me to play so I just play a couple of hours late at night. I’m close to the Odin fight, still not done with the game.

Nice that’s impressive. Did you take off work to accomplish that? My daughter wakes up too easily in day time for me to play so I just play a couple of hours late at night. I’m close to the Odin fight, still not done with the game.

During July 4th week I had a day off and then the day before I "worked from home". So I played a lot then. My wife also worked a bunch so it was just me and the kids at night. Just get them all fed and then I play games while they play with their toys or each other.

Playing so much like that always burns me out though. I started up Like a Dragon but I'll be taking it slowly from here on out. I doubt I'll be getting anything else day 1 until AW2.

Fucking fuck! I realized I accidentally sold a weapon needed to get a trophy now I’ll probably never platinum this game. I’m so pissed. How the hell is there not a buyback option, guess I’ll give up on it.

Fucking fuck! I realized I accidentally sold a weapon needed to get a trophy now I’ll probably never platinum this game. I’m so pissed. How the hell is there not a buyback option, guess I’ll give up on it.
Can't you just save scum it

Ragnarok by any chance?

Yeah your only other chance is NG+

Yeah a few people have said it does

Oh that's great because I'm still on my first playthrough. I think I'm at the end of the game. I had a ton of side quests pop up right as things were heating up with what I think is the last battle.

Yea i read this can happen so I decided not to sell anything. I never needed the money anyways.

Beat the game with all side quests completed (I think) and about half of the hunts completed. I will likely finish up the hunts before moving onto NG+ and whatever else I need to finish, I haven't really looked into if there's actual post-game stuff besides just finishing whatever you haven't.

Overall I think it is an amazing game. Combat is really good and it gets better as the game goes on. Lore is overall good enough and I liked all of the main characters. Voice acting is good. and music generally is either good or great. The story imo started off super strong but kind of becomes whatever as it stabilizes. By the end the big reveals didn't really stack up to how interesting the beginning portions of the game were. But, I think most of the time lore + characters are much more important to me than the actual story. Gameplay wise my only complaint is that the sidequests become tedious and watching Clive accept stuff/turn in stuff in slow motion gets annoying af when you're trying to go through a bunch of sidequests.

I won't dive into NG+ right away but will likely start it in the next week or so and chip away at it. Hopefully will also get the Platinum eventually.

Yesterday was a great day. Got my ultimate edition OST from CD-Japan and also finished the game finally.

OST is amazing, it has 199 tracks on it and about 9 hours of music in total on 8 discs.

Really enjoyed the game, think I'd give it a 9/10 l, maybe closer to a 9.5 and put it somewhere in the top 5 of all time favorite FF games. Clive is my favorite protagonist in the series, love him. He's a badass but also has a sensitive side. I love seeing that because so many people think you can only be a badass if you show zero emotion. I actually liked some of the side quests because it shows the more compassionate side of him and you learn more about the people and lands of Valisthea. I think my biggest gripe is the exploration, there really isn't much to it other than running into the occasional hunt. Main story was superb and the best in a long time. I really hope CBU3 gets another chance, I think they can do even better with the next one. They have it in them. Hopefully before that we get some DLC at least. I have no clue have some of you moved onto second play through so quickly, that ending man…. going to take a break for a bit and then play final fantasy mode

Last edited:
You can tell that its from an MMO team on the side quests, very much a FF14 feel to them especially on the more shorter ones

You can tell that its from an MMO team on the side quests, very much a FF14 feel to them especially on the more shorter ones

It was the same way with FF7 R. They should honestly just cut out the side quest if they are going to be that lazy with them. It's not adding anything to the game and if anything just brings down the overall quality of it. There are a few side quest that do expand the story with your side characters and those should have been left in but it's like 5 or 6 quest at most.

It was the same way with FF7 R. They should honestly just cut out the side quest if they are going to be that lazy with them. It's not adding anything to the game and if anything just brings down the overall quality of it. There are a few side quest that do expand the story with your side characters and those should have been left in but it's like 5 or 6 quest at most.
I thought the side quests in this game were better than 7R. At least they had a reason to be there and added to the world and Clive’s character. In 7R it was just stuff like go play with some random children or go find cats. Honestly all they need to do is have more side quests like the ones at the end of the game.

Back