Multiplatform (]***Official GTA6 Thread***[)

From the Microsoft hardware info leak from the court case against the FTC there wasn't any mention of a mid gen refresh only the refreshes of the X (digital only and new shape) and S (slightly different shape, black and 1tb) plus the shelved stuff like the streaming stick and and custom stuff for controllers.

There was an interview that Phil Spencer said that he saw the X as the mid gen refresh but just available at the start of the gen but I agree with what you said,I wouldn't put it past them if they had something cooking
To me, it's just a no brainer from a business perspective. If you have millions of people willing to drop another $700-$1000 dollars on a newer console that won't be anywhere near the development costs of the original, you shove those new drivers and chips and whatever into the old box and get that money. That said, MS might not be in the same position Sony is, when it comes to that. They're still trying to find their footing with the Series X.

To me, it's just a no brainer from a business perspective. If you have millions of people willing to drop another $700-$1000 dollars on a newer console that won't be anywhere near the development costs of the original, you shove those new drivers and chips and whatever into the old box and get that money. That said, MS might not be in the same position Sony is, when it comes to that. They're still trying to find their footing with the Series X.

Its that stupid fucking name, Im Xbox all the way but I still havent bought a new one cause Im not exactly sure which is which and what they even do
Did we learn nothing from the WiiU!!

Its that stupid fucking name, Im Xbox all the way but I still havent bought a new one cause Im not exactly sure which is which and what they even do
Did we learn nothing from the WiiU!!
Yeah, MS really fucked up their branding starting with the "Xbox One". Not only did it sound stupid and make it seem like it was going backwards from the 360, but they originally promoted it as some TV Box. Ever since then, they've been treading water. "Series S/X" is just a continuation of their ineptitude on branding. I think a ten year old could've come up with better names.

Bullshit.

Nothing is confirmed about the PS5 Pro, including the specs, and it with a probable release date of 20+ months out its very unlikely Rockstar knows how GTA6 will run on each console/PC.

That said, its very possible the PS5 Pro will be out by then, 4 to 5 years into the PS5's lifecycle.

The question will be what upgrades it will have over the regular PS5 and for how many games.
Speaking as a PS4 Pro owner, there really wasn't much of an advantage to owning it over a regular PS4.

It doesn't make that much sense. Consoles are loss leaders, even midgen. The only reason to release a midgen refresh is if it simplifies production or gets new customers (aka people who will buy more games you get publishing fees off of).

Bullshit.

Nothing is confirmed about the PS5 Pro, including the specs, and it with a probable release date of 20+ months out its very unlikely Rockstar knows how GTA6 will run on each console/PC.

That said, its very possible the PS5 Pro will be out by then, 4 to 5 years into the PS5's lifecycle.

The question will be what upgrades it will have over the regular PS5 and for how many games.
Speaking as a PS4 Pro owner, there really wasn't much of an advantage to owning it over a regular PS4.
Dev kits go out about 6 months to a year early, and part of the process for making a new console is you start work much earlier with big developers. If the launch date is two years out, you already know what hardware you're using and what performance your targeting, it's just a matter of executing now.

Dev kits go out about 6 months to a year early, and part of the process for making a new console is you start work much earlier with big developers. If the launch date is two years out, you already know what hardware you're using and what performance your targeting, it's just a matter of executing now.

Well yeah, Rockstar knows what 'performance they're targeting.' But this far out from the final product they don't know what graphical standard they can achieve alongside the performance standard.

Rockstar's 20 engineers they've hired to just work on water physics (as mentioned a few pages back) as well as many other elements that constitute a virtual world.

An artist I respect, and bought a print from, already made a charcoal portrait of Lucia, and Rockstar's 'gameplay capture artist' and photographer retweeted it.

Well yeah, Rockstar knows what 'performance they're targeting.' But this far out from the final product they don't know what graphical standard they can achieve alongside the performance standard.

Rockstar's 20 engineers they've hired to just work on water physics (as mentioned a few pages back) as well as many other elements that constitute a virtual world.
They already have a resolution/frame rate target at this point. It wouldn't be new architecture or a bleeding edge node, so it's not a mystery of if you can hit the target, just how much optimization you want to do. If you are 20 months out from mass production, you are almost ready to tape out already.

Bullshit.

Yeah this is just people guessing and hoping they get it right so they can gain some cred in the community. People have been saying switch 2 is just around the corner for like 3 years now. I’m sure both will happen but it’s not like anyone knows the exact timing

That’s a silly reason to stop gaming. Why not just play what’s already out and wait for the rest?

So what did you disagree with in the video? I don’t care if he’s been wrong on other issues, he’s right here. I don’t regular watch him anyway. He’s hit and miss with me

I stopped gaming for that and the fact that I found better things to do sir.

I know right. I'm super excited for the game. At least for single player which is how I prefer playing.

Also enjoy the gaming industry. A friend and I were talking last night about rockstar's marketing. They really know how to get their target audience riled up. We both think they may have manufactured all that leaked screen shots / leaked footage controversy. Sure gets people going before they even drop the one minute trailer. Haha!

They definitely manufactured them, and that's fine I guess.
What's not fine is taking 10 years to release a game sir lol.

GTA is basically a reflection of modern society. Don't blame them. Blame us. They're not promoting anything, so much as they're shining a light on the trashier aspects of our society.

I wouldn't call it a "fad" though. The Macarena was a fad. Twerking is unfortunately here to stay.
I know. I just hate it.

What the fuck are you actually talking about?

Wow, apparently you don't know much about Piker's recent headlines.

And yeah, Tate is a real-life GTA character.
So is Hassan Piker.

GTA is basically a reflection of modern society. Don't blame them. Blame us. They're not promoting anything, so much as they're shining a light on the trashier aspects of our society.

I wouldn't call it a "fad" though. The Macarena was a fad. Twerking is unfortunately here to stay.
Agreed. Thats exactly what GTA is supposed to be. It's not supposed to be an agenda,or how we wish things could be,its supposed to be what IS.

I saw the 2025 date and thought “but that’s so far away”, then I realized it’s almost 2024. Time flies when you’re getting old.

GTA is the reason I bought a PS2, 3, and 4. Rockstar games are almost the only games I played throughout my 20’s and 30’s. I’m hyped.
When I saw GTA 4 on xbox 360 i bought one and that game IMMEDIATLEY

In GTA you can go to strip clubs and also pick up hookers in the street.

"oh no there's twerking! RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE"

"Well I NEVER"

"I thought Rockstar was above this croneyism and over the top trash"

:: proceeds to shoot old woman in the street ::

Last edited:
Back