Official Nioh 2 Disc: PC & PS5 Collection launch 05 FEB 21!

Viper and the Butterfly in the second region is one of the most frustrating missions I've done in a long time. Even used a summons for the last room. Holy fuck that revenant had me triggered.
I stopped doing that because it was classic Nioh bullshit.

I stopped doing that because it was classic Nioh bullshit.
Don't blame you. I was really close.

And what's up with these red kappas and their new spin to win attacks? I have no idea how to deal with it. lol

Haha can't believe I didn't notice until now but when you open a shortcut on a bridge, it dams the stream and opens up new areas to explore.

I just spent like two hours (no joke) trying to figure out how to get to an item on the other side of a pond. Turns out you have to open a shortcut in a different area which lets you cross the riverbed. Very cool.

Haha can't believe I didn't notice until now but when you open a shortcut on a bridge, it dams the stream and opens up new areas to explore.

I just spent like two hours (no joke) trying to figure out how to get to an item on the other side of a pond. Turns out you have to open a shortcut in a different area which lets you cross the riverbed. Very cool.
I enjoyed that level. Probably the best before region 5 and 6. Level design gets significantly better towards the end of the game.

I enjoyed that level. Probably the best before region 5 and 6. Level design gets significantly better towards the end of the game.
Awesome. I'm at the owl now and the levels just keep getting better. I assumed this was going to be a cash grab since they released it so quickly after the first but they obviously worked their asses off on it. Beautiful game to play.

Wrapping up map 2 now. Taking my time and enjoying this one to the fullest. Maining tonfas; skill-tree is arguably one of the best thought-out in the game for weapon, IMO. There's feint that I'd earlier wishlisted given its inherent pressure game (i.e., cancelling out ATK animation into Demon Dance) as well as options to close in on foe that soften early range concerns. Eats enemy ki for graveward grapple and the proper martial-art kicks, sweeps have been visual icing on the cake. Like my kusa crutch in the original, I here swap to switchglaive when in trouble but I'm trying to break the habit and compensate with poison and water endowments.

Dark Realm is a great addition but ones with falls-to-death or verticality prove a bother for me; the limited visibility makes sense but any compromise in FoV really hampers when some Yokai near busy the screen either in here-there activity or sheer size.

Can dawg samurai confirm with Nioh 2 book of reincarnation that its cost increases exponentially with each purchase? Haven't bought one yet but am already seeing odds, ends misinvested.

I can't remember seeing a roadmap for DLCs (other than their being in store) but seeing the first of three around the time I wrap up the campaign would be cool.

Wrapping up map 2 now. Taking my time and enjoying this one to the fullest. Maining tonfas; skill-tree is arguably one of the best thought-out in the game for weapon, IMO. There's feint that I'd earlier wishlisted given its inherent pressure game (i.e., cancelling out ATK animation into Demon Dance) as well as options to close in on foe that soften early range concerns. Eats enemy ki for graveward grapple and the proper martial-art kicks, sweeps have been visual icing on the cake. Like my kusa crutch in the original, I here swap to switchglaive when in trouble but I'm trying to break the habit and compensate with poison and water endowments.

Dark Realm is a great addition but ones with falls-to-death or verticality prove a bother for me; the limited visibility makes sense but any compromise in FoV really hampers when some Yokai near busy the screen either in here-there activity or sheer size.

Can dawg samurai confirm with Nioh 2 book of reincarnation that its cost increases exponentially with each purchase? Haven't bought one yet but am already seeing odds, ends misinvested.

I can't remember seeing a roadmap for DLCs (other than their being in store) but seeing the first of three around the time I wrap up the campaign would be cool.
Nice. I just started the second region so you're way ahead of me but I did buy one book of reincarnation and the price increased afterwards like in the first game.

I just adore the cutscenes in this, especially given their playfully-menacing music and dare-trust-me NPCs; I cannot think of a title where I've wanted more moar cutscenes. Me at Team Ninja offices:

giphy.gif

Not trying to be a dick but from what I’ve seen you are constantly sprinting and wasting a ton of movement. I believe you are meant to stand your ground more in this game and rely on burst counter to turn the tide of Ki consumption. At least that’s how I’m playing it and haven’t had any Ki problems yet.
You were right. Once I learned you could burst counter out of being winded, it changed everything.

I never used living weapon in the first game so I'm still having a hard time remembering to use my yokai skills but the new mechanics do make the game a lot fairer if you use them properly. It's almost like dark realms are meant to push you towards using them.

You were right. Once I learned you could burst counter out of being winded, it changed everything.

I never used living weapon in the first game so I'm still having a hard time remembering to use my yokai skills but the new mechanics do make the game a lot fairer if you use them properly. It's almost like dark realms are meant to push you towards using them.
all you need is snake boss yokai. Literally the only yokai I've used all game

Cool. Haven't tried that one yet.
It's literally the best thing in the game. Just have the enemy backed up to a wall or in a confined space and it will hit 4-5 times(comparable to odachi strong high hit on a weak spot) and usually cause yokai to break where you hit them with the red circle move.

It's literally the best thing in the game. Just have the enemy backed up to a wall or in a confined space and it will hit 4-5 times(comparable to odachi strong high hit on a weak spot) and usually cause yokai to break where you hit them with the red circle move.
Can you level up anima? I know there are accessories and soul cores that increase it but is there a stat? I kept running out in the owl fight and don't really understand the mechanic that well yet.

Can you level up anima? I know there are accessories and soul cores that increase it but is there a stat? I kept running out in the owl fight and don't really understand the mechanic that well yet.
You can with gear and soul core stats and I think some Guadian souls have more. Right now I have +1 from prestige, but you get a lot of ways to fill it up from the shifting skills

I only use Yokai abilities to burst counter or cancel out of an attack combo if I can’t stagger the opponent. I have like 15 Yokai points I haven’t allocated.

Ninjutsu is literally easy mode. I may switch my build because I’m just poisoning and spamming Kunai and it pretty much wrecks everything.

I only use Yokai abilities to burst counter or cancel out of an attack combo if I can’t stagger the opponent. I have like 15 Yokai points I haven’t allocated.
The yokai skills are pretty neat if you can tag one onto the end of your combo when you run out of ki. It also adds some variety to your attacks which is fun.

Yeah the burst counter's so useful. I'm still getting used to dodging with it but haven't tried animation cancels yet, although I'm using the axe and some of the skills are pretty slow so I should give that a try. Thanks.

Ok the last boss in the 4the region is really cool. I think he was in the beta and I never fought him. First area of the 5th region is rough.

Back