Official Nioh 2 Disc: PC & PS5 Collection launch 05 FEB 21!

As someone who enjoyed Sekiro a lot, I was looking forward for Nioh 2. But I didn't like what I saw from the gameplay trailer tbh. Seems hack and slashey as fuck, and dodge based rather than parry based.
So literally every From game except Sekiro.

That’s like saying “as someone who enjoyed beef a lot, I was looking forward to chicken until I saw it on the plate.” Two completely different games.

So literally every From game except Sekiro.
I'm going to get it regardless but it looks more like a reskinned expansion than a new game IMO. Same mission based progression, same weapons, same UI and menus, same enemies, same special effects and skills, etc. They added new varieties as well but the core game looks intact. Peeve's playing now and he described it as an improved Nioh 1.

I'm going to get it regardless but it looks more like a reskinned expansion than a new game IMO. Same mission based progression, same weapons, same UI and menus, same enemies, same special effects and skills, etc. They added new varieties as well but the core game looks intact. Peeve's playing now and he described it as an improved Nioh 1.
I mean hack and slash and dodge based. You can’t play Sekiro and expect every new game to be parry-based. Sekiro got boring at the end with the one dimensional combat.

I’m gonna get it too because an improved NiOh 1 is better than what From gave us with Ds2.

I mean hack and slash and dodge based. You can’t play Sekiro and expect every new game to be parry-based. Sekiro got boring at the end with the one dimensional combat.

I’m gonna get it too because an improved NiOh 1 is better than what From gave us with Ds2.
Gotcha. I wasn't really disagreeing with you, just describing what I've seen of the alpha so far.

Somewhat disappointing to hear. An improved Nioh sounds great but I’d prefer not to play such similar content again.

Somewhat disappointing to hear. An improved Nioh sounds great but I’d prefer not to play such similar content again.
Same. I'll be happy to play it but not as excited as I was a few days ago.

There's a dojo training mission in the alpha where you can practice fighting different kinds of enemies. Pretty cool.

Have you heard anything of the inventory? The game seemed, and kind of still does, sound like a dream to me. Team Ninja, one of my favorites since Ninja Gaiden Black, a dark soulsish formula and the particular japanese period for it to take place? oowee!! But when my gear started piling up, and it was an endless parade of redundant gear in the 4-5 levels I played, it turned me off to the point of uninstallation.

Have you heard anything of the inventory? The game seemed, and kind of still does, sound like a dream to me. Team Ninja, one of my favorites since Ninja Gaiden Black, a dark soulsish formula and the particular japanese period for it to take place? oowee!! But when my gear started piling up, and it was an endless parade of redundant gear in the 4-5 levels I played, it turned me off to the point of uninstallation.
It looks like a similar inventory system. Not sure how common the drops are though.

I always check my new items pretty regularly just to keep them from piling up. It's a chore so I understand the turn off.

I always just made sure to mark the stuff I got as I got it in the levels then you just sell or dismantle it all. Inventory was never an issue for me with this game

I’ll get it but it looks quite literally like Nioh 1.5. Strange that they made so little attempt to change it. Oh well hopefully there are some surprises.

I’ll get it but it looks quite literally like Nioh 1.5. Strange that they made so little attempt to change it. Oh well hopefully there are some surprises.
To be fair it's an alpha, they probably haven't even started on a lot of the assets as they would be focusing on the core gameplay changes first.

To be fair it's an alpha, they probably haven't even started on a lot of the assets as they would be focusing on the core gameplay changes first.

I don’t think that can change it that much at this point. Don’t get me wrong I love Nioh and will buy, but at first glance this looks like an expansion to Nioh 1.

I haven't played the first but this has me intrigued. Looks like my kinda jam

Just got back into Nioh. The inventory isn't a huge problem for me anymore, since I just convert everything into Amrita when not needed. Kind of a dream game so far, even though I'm only on like the 4th stage after that spider bitch.

source.gif

Do it. My favorite souls games other than Shadows Die twice which to some isn't really a souls game so not sure it counts.

I'm honestly liking it more than the Souls games (have Sekiro, but it's getting played after Nioh). I could never really get into them because of the movement and combat, which is pretty damn fluid in Nioh. Anything that even remotely resembles Ninja Gaiden, I'm down.

Back