No Spoilers Official Resident Evil Village Discussion

I just finished the game yesterday as well. Probably tied with 4 for favorite RE game. My main complaint is probably the game never tops the Lady D's castle segment and it gets a little to wacky at the end of Factory but other than that I absolutely loved the experience.

Last edited:

The PC version is screwed over by its own DRM. Performance is drastically better when playing a cracked version of the game.

E6Q-3tCXEAUeqKu

I’m glad they released the demo on all platforms, convinced me to stay away from the PC for this one.

Last edited:

The PC version is screwed over by its own DRM. Performance is drastically better when playing a cracked version of the game.

E6Q-3tCXEAUeqKu

I’m glad they released the demo on all platforms, convinced me to stay away from the PC for this one.

Im confused, I played on PC and had no stutters, but I was also running a mod that removed the vignette and increased FOV. Never realised it was that bad for the stock game lol.

Im confused, I played on PC and had no stutters, but I was also running a mod that removed the vignette and increased FOV. Never realised it was that bad for the stock game lol.
I noticed a lot of weird issues with the frame pacing in the demo. Some of the streamers I’ve seen with 3090s were running into dips.

Not sure if your mods helped but it’s been wide spread that there have been issues on the PC version. Pretty inexcusable on Capcom’s part here.

Mercenaries is pretty difficult. Trying to memorize the level and kill pacing to keep the combo alive is somewhat annoying. If you mess up your combo you might as well start over. I'm trying to get SS rank for the light Saber. Just started today. Got the first 2 ss rank, first run on the factory I got an A but damn that place is a maze, lost my combo multiple times. The other thing that sucks about this is the random perks. I could be having a great run but keep getting useless perks making things much more difficult.

I'm reading the 5-8 is stupid difficult and certain perks being an absolute must to achieve the rank. Reading that if you don't get them early most restart and try again.

Last edited:
Also did my village of shadows playthrough speed running for the sub 3 hour trophy. Did it in 2h 32m, I could have done it faster by not collecting anythig or running past a lot more enemies but whatever. I was trying to pair it with the frugal father trophy but unfortunately I needed to buy a couple health vials for the last fight as I was down to only 1.

Was really hoping to get the light saber for the knives out but man mercenaries is taking quite a bit of time and it's a bit frustrating. Not sure if I'm going to put in the time for ss rank. Might just settle for s rank for plat.

Game ran fine on my PC, couldn’t imagine playing this game without the FOV mod. But ultimately I haven’t had the urge to relay this game since my initial playthrough.

Ran well on my PC as well. I was getting roughly about 85fps on mostly high settings. The only time the game stuttered was when the
insect girls attacked
and that sent my frame rate down to the 20s. I looked at a couple of playthroughs on YT and they all had the same stutter. Other than that, no problems.

Yeah not buying it lol

Mercenaries is pretty difficult. Trying to memorize the level and kill pacing to keep the combo alive is somewhat annoying. If you mess up your combo you might as well start over. I'm trying to get SS rank for the light Saber. Just started today. Got the first 2 ss rank, first run on the factory I got an A but damn that place is a maze, lost my combo multiple times. The other thing that sucks about this is the random perks. I could be having a great run but keep getting useless perks making things much more difficult.

I'm reading the 5-8 is stupid difficult and certain perks being an absolute must to achieve the rank. Reading that if you don't get them early most restart and try again.

There are a few absolute must perks for 5-8 if you go the knife route which I do not recommend. It’s an awkward, luck based route. Best to go with the handgun IMO. There’s plenty of perks that will benefit you going that route so no need to restart over them. I recommend not restarting anyway as practice is absolutely necessary and finishing with a good rank unlocks better perks for your next attempt, iirc.

I’ve waited a long few months and been just staring at my PS5 for weeks now with nothing to play. Today being the first official day of Fall, the temperature was about 70, gusts of wind were blowing. It was finally the right time. Drove to GameStop and picked up Village. It’s finally spooky season and I can’t wait to be terrified/meet Lady D.

Keep checking Steam for sales. Gonna be any time now.

Still

DS3 must be finished.

This game really died quick. Even in speed running, there was like no sustained interest.
Did they fix the DRM framerate issue bullshit? I have the game, haven't played it yet. Still finishing up Witcher 3

Yeah the game is supposed to run much better on PC now.
Did you end up getting it?
I played the demo and it didn't seem bad, it's just... it didn't seem scary at all. All it did was make me want to play RE7 again, heh.

Did you end up getting it?
I played the demo and it didn't seem bad, it's just... it didn't seem scary at all. All it did was make me want to play RE7 again, heh.
I did, absolutely loved it and one of my favorite games of the year so far. Definitely leans heavily into action though. There’s plenty of chilling/disgusting moments but I thought they blended it well.

I did, absolutely loved it and one of my favorite games of the year so far. Definitely leans heavily into action though. There’s plenty of chilling/disgusting moments but I thought they blended it well.
Holy shit, was not expecting this kind of response. This is awesome! Can't wait!

Back