No Spoilers Official The Callisto Protocol Discussion [PS/PC/Xbox]

Striking Distance Studio has revealed that it spent a couple of years perfecting the gore system in upcoming horror title The Callisto Protocol.

Chatting with IGN, the game’s director, Glen Schofield, revealed that the gore system has been extensively designed, so that there are multiple ways in which bodies can be torn apart.

We spent a couple years on what we call the gore system. Rendering engineers, a couple of artists, they just spent time tearing each and every enemy apart. There were times we were like, ‘tear another hole in him, they might do this.’ So you may never see the same torn apart guy twice. That was part of it, too. We wanted each and every person to have a different horrific experience.

From PlayStation Universe team here

Melee taking centre stage:

“We’re definitely leaning into the survival side of things,” said Ben Walker, who noted that players will have to be careful to conserve ammunition and only use your firearms where necessary, much is the case with any survival horror game.

Our overall tone of our combat is kind of a struggle, right? You’re doing whatever you can do to kind of get by and get through.

Almost half of our combat is melee. [That] means you have to be smart about how you use your bullets. So, to that end, we’ve added our melee combos, when they finish, they kind of push the enemy away. So, that gives you a chance then to lock on really quick and get a nice clean shot on an enemy.

Publishers have been giving out review copies to YouTube critics I mostly trust, like GManLives, Luke Stevens, SkillUp, and MattyPlays knowing they'd be brutally honest, and holy fuck were they honest to Saints Row this week.

If they have great things to say about Callisto Protocol this may be the first game I buy on Day 1 in over a decade.

Usually I wait a few years for the price and hype to lower, but I'm willing to make an exception as a 'Fuck You' to EA.

Last edited:
"Chatting with IGN, the game’s director, Glen Schofield, revealed that the gore system has been extensively designed, so that there are multiple ways in which bodies can be torn apart."

"There were times we were like, ‘tear another hole in him, they might do this.’ So you may never see the same torn apart guy twice."

tenor.gif

Theres a 6 part prequel podcast thats just had the first couple of episodes released on spotify if anyones interested

Helix Station, a six-episode narrative podcast prequel to @CallistoTheGame, will be released all the way through the game's launch on December 2!

IGN is publishing and distributing The Callisto Protocol: Helix Station with Krafton and Striking Distance Studios.

Follow Percy and Kane, two of the most ruthless and feared skip tracers in the Jovian system, as they travel to Helix Station to retrieve an escaped Black Iron Prison inmate for the bounty of a lifetime.

The Callisto Protocol: Helix Station stars Gwendoline Christie (Game of Thrones, Sandman) as Percy, with Michael Ironside (Scanners, Top Gun) acting as her co-pilot Kane.

The adventure also stars Kevin Durand (Lost, The Strain), Sam Littlefield (Batwoman, The Leftovers), Cassandra Blair (Westworld, Better Things), and Leland Orser (Se7en, Taken).

I never played Dead Space but I'm looking forward to this one. Will check out the podcast too.

This comes out way to close to Final Fantasy. After FF if I hear good things I'll jump straight into this.

Theres a 6 part prequel podcast thats just had the first couple of episodes released on spotify if anyones interested

They just uploaded these to YouTube.

Very very interesting.

Back