Official UFC 178 Betting Thread - Post Your Bets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think o2.5 or even for it to go a decision is a great prop for Kennedy & Yoel, both are near impossible to put away. Kennedy has never been finished and Yoel's lone loss was a muay thai assault by Feijao and i really don't see Kennedy replicating that.

I think it'll be a really boring, slow grindy affair like most of the fights Kennedy has ever been involved in.

man I'm gone a few weeks and there's like half a dozen new posters in here. This thread's getting even bigger.

Just hit Zingano itd at +185. I like that price, even with her personal and injury issues, I think she beats Nunes down, probably gets her out in the second if I had to guess.

Also on Held at -110, might take a stab at his itd line as well. He's always looking for the finish on the ground and his leglock game is sick.

Probably gonna stab at Halsey at -115 as well. Maybe I'm wrong here, but I think Schlemenko might be on the decline. Guy has had like 50 fights or something and he's only like 30. That's gonna take a toll and Halsey seems like the young up and comer that's got the style to take his belt.

Hematch Please
20130412044440_IMG_7356.JPG

invicta.png

yes definitely, its been so helpful.

im only doing this now bc i have some free time and i want to do it before sunday's games and tomorrow's UFC. id prefer to see what position teams are after this weekend. home teams get 3 points.

Vikings @ Packers (-5)
Bills @ Lions (-8)
Ravens @ Colts (PK)
Browns @ Titans (PK)
Bears @ Panthers (-3)
Texans @ Cowboys (-5)
Steelers (-7) @ Jaguars
Bucs @ Saints (-10)
Falcons @ Giants (-4)
Rams @ Eagles (-7)
Cardinals @ Broncos (-6)
Chiefs @ 49ers (-8)
Jets @ Chargers (-6)
Bengals (-4) @ Patriots
Seahawks (-7) @ Redskins

Need to go back and read, but what's everyone's thoughts on bellator and Titan tonight?

I think Pitbull wins. I don't see Held submitting him but I wouldn't be surprised if I was wrong, IMO Pitbull is too strong/explosive and might get a TKO

I think Vinny wins on the Titan card but I'm not too sure. Brilz game is all wrestling/GNP and I'm not sure how that'll work against Vinny... I think he did it to Lil Nog and won that fight though..

Might take a stab at Richie Martinez on the Titan card at -220 , but only because I've heard Eddie Bravo talk about him so much lol

I need to check out his opponent but he should win

I have 6.5 bitcoins which equals about $2650 on Mcgregeor/Cruz parley. So you can say i will be watching theses fights with my eyes peeled. Wish me luck

I have 6.5 bitcoins which equals about $2650 on Mcgregeor/Cruz parley. So you can say i will be watching theses fights with my eyes peeled. Wish me luck

Nice! Which book are you using for Bitcoin betting?

Lol - you described that perfectly. That's exactly how I feel too. After rewatching Freire/Woodard, it's hard to see Freire trying to slow the fight down against a guy that pushes forward like Held. Freire just can't help himself.

I also like Freire by KO at +350, Not that I'm picking him to win but that's his best shot. I like Marcin too and think he has a.great future but Freire will die and live by the sword. There will be opportunities for either guy to get finished

I played Brilz/Held/Meller in a small parlay.

Nitrogensports.eu the best sports betting website there is I highly recommend it. Bets are graded minutes after bets and the support is amazing. If you decide you use the site here is my affiliate link it would be cool if you used it:) https://nitrogensports.eu/r/100120

The idea of the Bitcoin sports books are cool and from what I read online Nitrogen is one of the best if not the best one. They're just limited for MMA bettors who like more options though since they don't offer prop bets or live betting on MMA.

@everyone on yoel tomorrow

how sure are you guys in yoel tomorrow? i am on kennedy but everyone who says theyve done extensive research feel as though this fight is yoel's fight to lose. admittedly, i only research a few fights per week and only bet on them as opposed to betting on most of the card. the kennedy/romero fight is not one that i researched this week but i was going to put a small amount down on kennedy. i guess my question to those on romero is, how much of a fav do you think romero SHOULD be based on what you saw in research?

I initially capped this fight at -400 in favour of Romero.

Maybe -277 at absolute best.

I was literally amazed when I saw the line open and you could bet Romero at -109.

Kennedy's only hope of winning this fight is lay and pray, but it's not that easy to lay and pray an Olympic level wrestler.

I've got a very large bet on Romero. I'd be shocked if he lost this fight.

also, anyone taking a stab at krause by (t)ko at +1240? hasnt masvidal been a bit chinny in recent fights?

I think sub bet would be better

Masvidal good chin Krause low on power.

I like Krause overall as a bet though. I think masvidal overrated. He's slowing down.

He has always had good wrestling people underrate that. But since noons fight I haven't seen one bit of striking from him that impressed me

Anyone playing Brilz in Titan?

Mag just so overrated.

Yep. How ANYONE can play Vinny at -150 or lower against ANYONE in the top 50 is in my mind absurd. I mean, Vinny is an atrocious striker and ha absolutely horrendous cardio. FFS, Vinny was starched by a 41 year old Anthony Perosh in mere seconds lol Also, Eliot Marshall (who may be even worse striker than Hippo) absolutely had his way with Vinny as well. Indeed, Marshall and Perosh are are at the bottom of the LHW barrel and they beat Vinny easily. However, you could say Marshall and Perosh are/were UFC fighters (meaning not cans) however Vinny also lost to the fucking unknown 5 -3 Pedro Galiza. While 2014 Jason Brilz may not be an elite mixed martial artist, he is definitely 6 rungs higher on the ladder than Pedro Galiza Moreover, Brilz does possess a respectable all around game with good wrestling and serviceable striking. Also, (IMO) Brilz's "loss" to Lil' Nog is better than any win that Vinny has on his record to date. Again, it's not only striking, but Vinny has terrible conditioning, and in a 5 round fight I could see Brilz taking over.

I lost money betting Raphael Davis against Brilz last time and it was a very close split decision. But I'm on Vinnie this time. He has been inconsistent in the past, but when he wins he usually finishes his opponent while Davis usually wins by decision. In a five round championship fight that gives Vinnie a lot of opportunities to find a way to finish. At the -165 opener I put a medium sized play on Magalhaes. Now at -195, he would be too expensive though imho.

Vinny has terrible conditioning, a suspect cin, and Brilz has good power. I'd take a Brilz KO prop.

Finally some reassurance!

I feel a lot better now. Cheers mate! :wink:

I don't think people are giving Brunson the credit that he deserves. Lorenz Larkin's takedown defence and scrambles are normally incredible and Brunson completely controlled him on the ground. I don't know how anyone could watch the Kennedy vs Bisping fight and bet on Kennedy to beat Romero. Kennedy has no stand up, he's flat footed, he's predictable and he's soooooo slow!

Hopefully we are right! Good luck mate!

Brunson is definitely being underrated and it is coming at the expense of Romero's line. I agree that Tim is a very average striker and he basically uses it as a smokescreen to get inside the clinch where he can work trip td's. However, being on the inside with Romero is no picnic as Romero throws vicious knees to the body which will take a lot out of Kennedy . Moreover, I believe people are going to be surprised at just how much a speed advantage Romero is going to have in this fight. It is this advantage with his athleticism an explosiveness that in my mind will make the difference.

@GF

I don't fade Romero just because of Brunson fight. I'm also fading him because of Markes fight too. Body lock trips took Romero down which is Tim's main weapon of taking him down. Sure he's the most decorated wrestler in MMA but it's his MMA Wrestling which is terrible. He bounces around great but is often flat footed when he's not attacking. Kennedy is inactive and flat footed but has superior wrestling technique, especially offensively.

Yea, while it is true that Romero has been taken down at times and his wrestling often looks a bit sloppy, I believe it is more the fact that he is such an esteemed wrestler that he is under the microscope, and anytime he is taken down or looks in the least bit vulnerable, people declare his MMA wrestling to be overrated. The fact is, Romero's wrestling is still better than 90% of the MMA population and his problems getting taken down are more a by-product of him not understanding how to implement it in the MMA game than having weak wrestling. Remember, even at the advanced in age of 37 Yoel is is still a relative novice in the MMA game. That said, I think he is finally figuring out how to fuse his wrestling and striking together as evinced in the Brad Tavares fight where he looked very much improved with his TDD and transitions. Furthermore, this is impressive given that Tavares himself is a very strong fighter physically and a solid MMA wrestler in his own right.

In the end, I think people are putting way too much stock in in the Brunson fight as I don't believe Romero trained much takedown defense and as such was put in bad spots. Moreover, Brunson is very underrated and the same is true with Ronny Markes -- remember, Markes is a huge MW and was able to out wrestle a very credential wrestler in Aaron Simpson at times as well.

taking a shot at brilz +166, half unit.

vinny just seems lost in MMA to me. so chinny, too.. i mean he got ko'd by perosh.. the guy's nearly a .500 fighter.

brilz isn't a terrible grappler at all, he might be able to survive on top.

I got two units on Held tonight. I didn't do a ton of research but I figured he would be a clear favorite so jumped on it. I feel like his striking and cardio is improving (his BJJ is obviously world class) and I'm not really big on this Pitbull brother.

For tomorrow, so far I have:

Cruz by decision @ -125
Zingano/Nunes to end ITD @ +110
Kennedy/Romero to end by decision @ -125

I'll wait for weigh ins to put down more bets, I might take a stab at some of the underdogs (considering DP and maybe Krause). This card is so stupidly stacked, theres like 5 fights that could headline a non PPV event! ;)

The idea of the Bitcoin sports books are cool and from what I read online Nitrogen is one of the best if not the best one. They're just limited for MMA bettors who like more options though since they don't offer prop bets or live betting on MMA.

Yhea your right they don't offer many prop bets on any sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back