Official UFC 196 Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should never do a parlay with 4 underdogs. It'll never happen.

Ok good, I didn't see this thread on the first few pages, so here's the "post your bets" thread I was looking for.

View attachment 81103

Alright, so i'm usually not the betting type and I have to say my knowledge in this area is very limited. So i was wondering what you guys are thinking about this parlay. Now, I really do not expect to win this ( especially unconvinced of Miesha beating holm) but I am Curious about what this community thinks about it.

P.s. I am in no way claiming this is a betting slip, haven't posted a bet yet.

Diego and Tate will lose badly in my opinion. Miller is legit.

Goodfella - who you like?

Nunes vs. Shevchenko
Skelly vs. Elkins
Miller vs. Sanchez

conor shows the middle finger when they don't touch gloves

Conor AV.... Check. Lol jk

Thats what I meant, I'm sure Conor will initiate a glove raise,without faking it. If Diaz touches they touch, if he doesn't,Conor will show the middle finger to prevent looking bad

Listening to MMA Oddscast - Nick Kalikas picks Miller, Elkins and Shevchenko

Lawlor - Anderson is not dynamic, he's busy for the sake of being busy, does the same thing over and over, I can take advantage of that, I fight more relaxed now, trains at Syndicate MMA (BJJ with Vinny Magalhaes), lives in Vegas, has 5 month old boy

Possible red flag
- last week he had a 12 hour flu bug, lost weight, trying to put it back on, but says he'll be the smaller guy regardless, but says he feels good now

Do I lose my takedown bet if there is no takedown, or is it a void?

For the euro guys, William Hill has some enhanced odds offers for 196:

McGregor + Holm + Latifi to win +150 / 2.50
Silva + Miller + Skelly +333 / 4.33
McGregor by TKO + Holm by TKO +225 / 3.25

You guys can probably help me the most with this question: what Fantasy MMA money websites are still out there besides Draftkings? Still hate them buying Kountermove. Thanks in advance.

over 1.5 knockdowns +240

max that one

JAck Slack - http://fightland.vice.com/blog/mcgregor-versus-diaz-the-science-of-overcoming-size

From McGregor I would want to see the body kicks he is so proud of and successful with, but with that lead leg sitting there so ready to be kick it would be daft to not throw out some belting low kicks from beyond Diaz's boxing range. Diaz has proven susceptible to the old low-high before, when Josh Thompson head kicked him. With enough focus on the low kicks and on convincing Diaz to roll away from left hands, McGregor's ever present left high kick could prove to be a force. Furthermore both Diaz's hate opponents using lateral movement. Their long stance makes them slow to pivot, just as B.J. Penn found himself to be against Frankie Edgar. And of course straight punching can be made much less effective by consistent movement from side to side.

From Diaz you would hope that he has the sense to try and out muscle McGregor for a period in each round and take it to the ground if he sees a chance. Any time a man with a decent weight advantage and a respectable ground game doesn't look to get on top of his opponent, he is fighting in a questionable manner. He works well from the double collar tie with knees and that is a tremendous asset for a taller man. He doesn't hit the body even half as often as his older brother but against a fighter who relies so heavily on his speed and on timing, body work can wreak havoc and effectively disarm the threat of a meaningful counter by the later rounds.

What I would most hope to see from Diaz is the patience that he showed in his fight with Michael Johnson. There are men who struggle when you get in their face early, and doing so was perfect against Donald Cerrone. But a reach advantage is established and built upon, it is not something built for barn burners and early finishes. The mild, flicking jabs he put out against Michael Johnson, timed as Johnson stepped in or recovered from kicks, ruined the timing of the respectable kickboxer, made him flinch, and hid the powerful left hands brilliantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back