Official UFC 196 Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I don't see Conor throwing a lot of solid leg kicks, at least in the mould of your kick boxing/muay Thai style that people have found success in against Nate. His low, wide stance doesn't really allow for them.

I expect any leg kicks we see from him will be more oblique kicks. It's the kicks to the body that has me concerned if I bet Nate.

Anyone else confident in Nordine Taleb or just me? Silva looked atrocious against Magny and he'll look just as bad since he's still off the juice. Nordine Taleb is a very technical striker out of Firas Zahabi's camp. Slick jab, clean strikes and good defense. He'll pick Silva apart from the outside and dominate more and more as Silva gasses. Silva's best chance is an early finish but he lacks that explosiveness he had back when he was roided to the gills. Not sure he can get it done.

I'm all for the lotto. I bet $20 on Holly to beat Meisha, at +900 odds it seemed like a miracle to most people. Placing money alone on either Meisha or Diaz @ +300 didn't seem like smart bets vs value, so i went ahead and stepped it up a notch.
I did $20 on Diaz $20 on Miesha and $20 parlay. If 1 of them pulls off the upset I pretty much break even. If they both win I get $350. Either way i hope the fights are entertaining.

Does McGregor even have hard low kicks? His stance is not normal for guy who can rip in hard low muay thai style legs kicks. I tend to see him him target body/head, with side push kicks or spinning to body and occasional high. More taekowndo like kicking.

I personally worry more about Diaz's body and taking punishment there than his lead leg getting chopped down. I think because of Daiz's height even though he crouches in stance he can block them successfully. Not so confident he will parry or avoid kicks to the body though. Him coming forward, into the style of kicks mcgregor use alot in recent fights could be catastrophic.
Hes faked them to throw the jumping switch kick, but yeah I don't think hes really ever thrown round kicks to the legs. At least not enough for me to recall.

Same here. I think if Conor can feint him into pulls, the body stays stationary and Conor will attack it. Call me crazy, but I'm not expecting Diaz to try to come forward too much. Hes much better at countering, Nick is more of the constant pressure fighter, and I think there is a good chance Nate stands his ground, waits for attacks, counters and moves forward when he can follow up on them.

We'll see, so pumped!! One more day, and fuck my money, i'm officially on the Diaz wagon for this one.

Can someone tell me why there are no consequences in these threads, when people like Barry clearly trolls and waste alot of peoples time that actually want to trade information and help each other? Of course, you can just ignore it, but I find it really annoying to see someone with his head up his on ***, hopefully subjectively trolling, but he really does think that he's spot on.

Am I way out of line for writing this? I could see some of it actually make sense if Barry wanted to share and trade information, but he never answers questions regarding himself and his big wall of texts. I don't see any good in this narcissistic way of "sharing" garbage information. :/

he isn't blatantly belligerent or combative... he's breaking no rules. do i think barry has been trolling for a couple years? yes. i do. but it's his right. hopefully people recognize it.

you could say it's a bad thing if people bet based on his information/advice and they lose money, but i'd say... it's up to the bettor to know whose advice he is taking

Anyone else confident in Nordine Taleb or just me? Silva looked atrocious against Magny and he'll look just as bad since he's still off the juice. Nordine Taleb is a very technical striker out of Firas Zahabi's camp. Slick jab, clean strikes and good defense. He'll pick Silva apart from the outside and dominate more and more as Silva gasses. Silva's best chance is an early finish but he lacks that explosiveness he had back when he was roided to the gills. Not sure he can get it done.

lemme ask you this - can taleb finish silva? even the silva that fought magny? if the answer is "probably not" maybe just play "goes all 3 rounds" or +3.5?

i'm generally gonna fade erick silva, too, but i'm always worried in rd #1 if i do. almost ALL of taleb's fights go O1.5, too.

also, i think warlley alves is a better version of erick silva, and he made it O1.5 there (maybe silva's as good in rd 1 or goes for it more, tho)

I think Silva looked allright vs Magny. Close fight vs one of the top guys (imo) in the division. Im not impressed with Talebs striking. He has a jab but that's pretty much it. Silva has a way bigger arsenal of strikes and is better on the ground. I dont think the gassing argument holds value since he didn't gas at all vs Magny and that was an intense fight with a lot of grappling exchanges.

atrocious? he lost a split decision to a fighter that is much better the Taleb.. and he even looked kinda out of shape for that fight (someone posted he was sick or something?) now he is training at Kings and looks to be in great shape.. Taleb could win a decision sure but i think its much more likely Silva gets finish or do enough to get the decision.

I posted a detail bd earlier in the thread but to summarise...

He did not look atrocious against Magny lol Magny is a top contender and it was a close fight. I had Silva winning a decision up until the mid way point of r3. Silvas cardio was fine against Magny too he came out strong in r3. Silva also said he was injured and shouldnt have fought and was embarrassed by how his body looked.

Taleb has a jab that is it. He struggles with aggressive fighters see Alves and Li fights Silva is more aggressive than both. Taleb good defence? Li was out striking him and so was Alves. Silva has better striking than both. Silva can take Taleb down too he took Magny down every round and Magny could only secure td's in r1 Silvas tdd is solid. Taleb has fought terrible fighters and won boring lnp decisions he couldnt finish anyone. No way in hell he can lnp Silva who is a big step up Alves fight aside and look what happened there he was dominated.

Silva not only showed improved fight iq against Magny but also in his two previous fights. Silva is also with Kings now and looking in great shape.

Silva -200 was gold to me.

I'm waaaay out of me depth here.

What do you guys think about - http://www.sportsbet.com.au ?

If I'm looking at this correctly, it says I can bet $100 to get a return of $750, if Holm wins via KO in the 2nd.

Am I reading it right? The odds sound too good to be true. I was calling for this outcome a few days ago, and now I read that her coach is too.

If I'm looking at this correctly, it says I can bet $100 to get a return of $750, if Holm wins via KO in the 2nd.

Am I reading it right? The odds sound too good to be true. I was calling for this outcome a few days ago, and now I read that her coach is too.
Its around the same price on most bookies

I think thats a bad bet btw

The odds on your site are 7.0. That's 100 to win 600 or +600 in moneyline odds. Pays well, but pretty risky though

Conor mentioned Nate's leg again in this video (twice). I'm not sure if he's referring to Nate being susceptible to leg kicks, or if there's some leg injury that Nate has as he's going into this fight. Conor first mentioned Nate's leg in the pre-fight press conference.

I died at the end when Nate says "Nobody knows what a gazzelle is, this is America. Get it right". Conor is like wtf and the hosts just chuckle.

Last edited:
Its around the same price on most bookies

I think thats a bad bet btw

What if I put $100 on Holm to win in the 2nd via KO, and another $100 for her to win in the 1st via KO?'

I'm totally out of my element. Thanks in advance guys.

What if I put $100 on Holm to win in the 2nd via KO, and another $100 for her to win in the 1st via KO?'

I'm totally out of my element. Thanks in advance guys.
If you're confident, go for it. I've won money spreading money like that (Rockhold to beat Weidman in 3, 4, and 5. TJ over Barao in 3, 4, and 5). Maybe the only thing I would suggest is not throwing down heavy money. You can make a reasonable profit on lines like that without investing too much into them, but its up to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back