Official UFC fight night 83 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
At +300 I will take a chance on Kawajiri being able to grind out Bermudez and win 2 rounds.

2n6eofk.jpg

2vdmzgj.jpg

not sure if i like anything.. need to watch some tape

anybody know why siyar has been out for 2+ years?

brunson/carneiro under 2.5 is -117

looks good to me. brunson has been going all out early in his last few fights..

Will definitely wait until weigh-ins before putting money on Brunson. Potential USADA-effect.

-400 for Donald goddam lol was only going to play "fight doesn't go distance" for the thatch fight but might have to stab siyar as well

All lines kind of make sense though

Yeah assuming the odds on Siyar stay the same or get even better I'll probably bet on him. Gunnar was able to drop Thatch and Siyar has power. Can't see either fighter really taking it to the ground which is where they've both faltered of late so at those odds for what should be a mostly kickboxing affair I'll take the big underdog. Spent the past 4 months training out of Jacksons camp too.

cant believe the odds on thatch. they r pretty much forcing me to play siyar

Agree with all cannot believe Thatch hype train has not been derailed. I will play Siyar KO line for sure will be around +600 i would think.

Played Brunson + Cerrone £1100 @ -120.

Siyar had some major injuries back in 2013-2014, the report says something about labrum's and bicep injuries, he literally could not kick or wrestle. He was due to fight summer 2015 but also mentioned there is a chance he may never fight again.

Guess the injuries were worse then he thought since he has been out for the past 2 years and never made it in summer 2015.

article is here:

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/...urzada-fights-on-for-the-afghan-people-040115

noticed this regarding Roan carniero :

Specific accomplishments in amateur competition? Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Champion, Pan American Champion and Champion of Rio de Janeiro. Bruxells International Grappling champion, 1st Place ADCC Brazilian Trials, winner of many tournaments in Brazil.

Specific accomplishments in pro competition? Champion of Deep Japan, Meca World Champion in Brazil, ShowFight in Brazil, Shooto Switzerland.

Ranks in any martial arts styles: Black Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, D1 wrestling in Brazil.

Also wiki caps him as a 3rd degree jiu jitsu black belt also not going to bother to say he is 37 years old, but he is Brazilian and has 50% of his wins via sub so far. No idea if he is any good though but he must be with that resume, also wiki says he is with American top team.

This is a big event with 14 fights so hopefully good chance to make some BR !

noticed this regarding Roan carniero :

Specific accomplishments in amateur competition? Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Champion, Pan American Champion and Champion of Rio de Janeiro. Bruxells International Grappling champion, 1st Place ADCC Brazilian Trials, winner of many tournaments in Brazil.

Specific accomplishments in pro competition? Champion of Deep Japan, Meca World Champion in Brazil, ShowFight in Brazil, Shooto Switzerland.

Ranks in any martial arts styles: Black Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, D1 wrestling in Brazil.

Also wiki caps him as a 3rd degree jiu jitsu black belt also not going to bother to say he is 37 years old, but he is Brazilian and has 50% of his wins via sub so far. No idea if he is any good though but he must be with that resume, also wiki says he is with American top team.

This is a big event with 14 fights so hopefully good chance to make some BR !
Hes always had problems translating his jiu jitsu to MMA competition. While he has good credentials (not amazing, but good), another problem is the size disparity at 185. Hes one of these guys whos too big to be 170 but kind of too small for bigger MWs, which Brunson is

HAven't watched it... but I believe Cody is on this show

FIRST EVER SHERDOG POST:

Assuming the odds for Alex is paying $3.95 against Donald who is $1.25, this is what I'd keep my eyes on. I've watched all of Alex's fights in the UFC and his striking is pretty damn impressive and according to UFC.com, Alex has 3inch reach on Donald as well. I was not expecting the odds to favor Donald so much. I see it being a 50/50 battle standing and if they remain standing, Alex could be a good money maker.

However I never bet before the fight . I always watch the fight and will wait until I see something significant happen prior to placing a bet. For example, after watching Hendrix not being able to take Thompson down and can't close the distance or when Rhonda was unable to grapple with Holly - Yes I did put money down on them and it paid very well

Whats up guys.

Im leaning towards Lineker on this one. Went big against him on Rivera and didnt work well for me. I made money with Cody in his first UFC fight against Brimage (at +185!) but I dont like him on this one.
I think "Hands of stone" may be a little too much a little too soon for Garbrandt. He has a lot more experience and he is the most powerful striker of the two. Cody seems to me like the immature kid who thinks he is better than he actually is. I think this is his fight to lose.
Regarding the boxing experience, I do not put much weight on that. The small gloves change the complextion of everything.

Brunson at around -300 still has value. The guy is a top MW in the making. But agree with Agent Mulder above regarding USADA testing being a concern with him. Still I think he has the size and wrestling to keep the fight standing and the better stand up. Roan is a small MW (used to fight at WW) and even considering he put a good streak together lately I think he loses this one.

I also like Camozzi over Riggs. Joe Riggs is fading material IMO and Camozzi while not being a top fighter (and never will) should beat him at this point of his career.
The only red flag on this one is that Chris Camozzi tends to be in a lot of close fights... well when he is not fighting Jacare fucking Souza.

Siyar may be a good dog at those stupid odds. He is not a small WW, carries some power in his hands and Tatch has been rocked bad by Gunnar Nelson, who is not a power puncher himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back