Official Women's Division Discussion #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heather Hardy off the Invicta card. Phillips vs. Letson replaces that fight.

Invicta FC is shuffling the deck just four days out of its next event.

The MMA debut of popular female boxer Heather Hardy is now off due to an injury to her opponent Brieta Carpenter, MMA Fighting confirmed Tuesday night with Invicta officials. In its place at Invicta FC 21 on Saturday will be a featherweight bout between UFC veteran Elizabeth Phillips and Leah Letson. The fights take place in Kansas City.

Phillips (5-4) last competed in a unanimous loss to Raquel Pennington at UFC 202 in August. The Sikjitsu product, who trains with the likes of Julianna Peña and Michael Chiesa, went 1-3 during her UFC run. Phillips, 30, owns a win over Jessamyn Duke.

Letson (3-1) has won three straight and is coming off a first-round TKO of Sarah Payant at Premier FC 20 in July. The 24-year-old Wisconsin native has also competed for King of the Cage.

Hardy, 34, was going to make her first foray into MMA on the card after training the last few months at Renzo Gracie Academy. The Brooklyn native is 18-0 in boxing and her next bout in the ring is March 4 at Barclays Center.

In the Invicta 21 co-main event, Raquel Pa’aluhi will take on Pannie Kanziad in a bantamweight bout.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/1/1...ebut-after-heather-hardy-fight-falls-off-card

I'm wondering about @Daniel4802. He's probably busy smashing up his house now that the Hardy/Carpenter fight has been nixed.
It blows. That was the one fight I anticipated the most and I nagged Invicta to put Carpenter on the card. I don't know why they took Hardy off the card and didn't get a replacement opponent.

Highlight of Letson's last TKO win.

Last edited:
Anyone here giving Tweet a chance here?
sure, she has power and is probably the hardest hitter anderson has faced
tweet may put another hot prospect down after derailing rothenhauslers train
if megan is smart she will wrestle

Even if you don't need these fights to be free, because you have a Fight Pass subscription, here's an opportunity to turn your friends on to some excellent women's fights that they may not have seen!

Just signed my next bout agreement, fght announcement coming soon. Stay tuned
1f44a.png

Why can I never see these images?

sure, she has power and is probably the hardest hitter anderson has faced
tweet may put another hot prospect down after derailing rothenhauslers train
if megan is smart she will wrestle

Which can happen here. I like Megan, and hope she wins, but her head movement and defense are, well, typical of female MMA, which means great when hitting pads, but non-existent in the cage.

How's that for irony?

15936343_10210672763430664_615231520940261683_o.jpg

Should I say something? I REALLY want to say something!

Nice to see Liz Phillips get picked up by Invicta after being cut from the UFC. Honestly thought she was robbed of a decision against Dudieva. Hope she can bounce back strong.

How's that for irony?

15936343_10210672763430664_615231520940261683_o.jpg

Should I say something? I REALLY want to say something!

I don't think it would matter. She's that convinced that she only lost because of the ref's interference. She truly believes that she was on the right side of justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back