Official Women's Division Discussion #27

You know what time it is! I love it when the ladies get a bonus. This is another special one because this is probably her first paycheck above Invicta pay. Congratz to her!

<GinJuice>

A 75k plus payday, I'm pretty sure that's more then her combined Invicta or lifetime mma pay if she had fights before Invicta.

Fight thoughts: Stoliarenko had the fight looking like a breeze then she made the worst armbar transfer of her career and never recovered ate shots and took desperate td attempts that got her easily reversed and beat up. Good stuff from chandler to make her pay the fight could have looked very different if Stoliarenko hadn't rushed.

Even with her "training grappling and tdd 5x a day" yan tdd was still pretty aweful but TAM had her prepared enough to just win a close fight if the late takedowns in 3 or 4 were mid round the fight goes the other way. Her submission defense was quite good lasting so long vs dern on the ground. For Dern was a poor showing not getting any deep sub attempts, not forcing more scrambles in the middle rounds to be up instead of down.

Wow she is a crazy one right there with agapova and vlismas. Eggers was coming off her own unranked submission loss too she's not a top 10 anything. Perez is not here to make friends. Hopefully they do her and chandler next so she can get some of what Julija got.

‘Hoping to see among go pro soon

The coming weekend isn’t completely devoid of action:

Can’t help but wonder if Wagman moving up to Strawweight is preparation to draw the eye of the UFC

This hydration test seems to have the same pitfalls as the normal way. People are still cutting but found away around them. Now when you impose a max weight post fight people will fight dehydrated and incur more brain damage. So in essence we are back at step one when the hydration test was meant to solve all of this.

Look at Tiff's weight post fight. Directly post fight she weighted more than some UFC 115ers do before they are in fight camp. This is why whenever true 105ers fight in One they are at a disadvantage to the ones who cut weight. If weight cutting was not a thing Lee would not look similar in size to the champ when she moves up to fight in ones Strawweight division. I already knew Lee cut weight because she mistakenly admitted in in an interview years ago. Now we know she is not the only one who does.

This might just be a me thing but I personally lessen my thoughts about fighters who cut weight in that division. Which is why I never been super high on Lee. She one of the most exciting fighters but she always fights at a size advantage in her division. I don't think she would have a chance to be champ if she fought in the UFC 115. All the fighters who don't cut weight are given more respect by me because they are most of the time fighting at a disadvantage.

Last edited:
This hydration test seems to have the same pitfalls as the normal way. People are still cutting but found away around them. Now when you impose a max weight post fight people will fight dehydrated and incur more brain damage. So in essence we are back at step one when the hydration test was meant to solve all of this.

Look at Tiff's weight post fight. Directly post fight she weighted more than some UFC 115ers do before they are in fight camp. This is why whenever true 105ers fight in One they are at a disadvantage to the ones who cut weight. If weight cutting was not a thing Lee would not look similar in size to the champ when she moves up to fight in ones Strawweight division. I already knew Lee cut weight because she mistakenly admitted in in an interview years ago. Now we know she is not the only one who does.

This might just be a me thing but I personally lessen my thoughts about fighters who cut weight in that division. Which is why I never been super high on Lee. She one of the most exciting fighters but she always fights at a size advantage in her division. I don't think she would have a chance to be champ if she fought in the UFC 115. All the fighters who don't cut weight are given more respect by me because they are most of the time fighting at a disadvantage.
You are a dummy if you think people are not cutting weight, they are just finding ways around it (I'm gonna guess IV use)

The Freymanov Nguyen fight was laughable since Freymanov fought at 155 in Russia, still fighting at 155 in ONE, so he is obviously still cutting and looked huge compared to Martin Nguyen

Back