"old man martial arts"?

In general TMAs that wear pajamas will be what you want to go with.
Typically superdumb comment from you.
So Kyokushin is what you would recommend for the over 50's?
LoL.

Of course all of these great deeds all happened before cameras were common place, so we just have to take his word for it that they happened
Not in the past. Go to any Pakmei or WC school and ask any decent old practitioner in their 60's plus to chop you in the throat and see if you stand after.
Bonus points for taking a vid;)

Looking forward to it

Last edited:
LoL.

Not in the past. Go to any Pakmei or WC school and ask any decent old practitioner in their 60's plus to chop you in the throat and see if you stand after.

Looking forward to it
How is that chop? fighters get hit in the neck sometimes.. and i don't remenber they falling to the ground, i was kicked in the neck once too.. side kick to the throat

Last edited:
LoL.

Looking forward to it
Yes we know you don’t have very good reading comprehension.
Go back sound out the words, then stop and think about it, then repeat.

Oh I see, I have to tell him what to strike, and just stand there for them to be able to do it ok.

How is that chop? fighters get hit in the neck sometimes.. and i don't remenber they falling to the ground, i was kicked in the neck once too.. side kick to the throat
Yes all the ‘too dangerous for sport’ techniques clearly just end fights immediately…but only if you’re a senior citizen apparently?

Yes all the ‘too dangerous for sport’ techniques clearly just end fights immediately…but only if you’re a senior citizen apparently?
I found this :D
giphy1.gif

I found this :D
giphy1.gif
That was lame.
Not a good idea kids to try this one at home with any kind of force.
There's plenty in WC that's not too dangerous for sport and has been proven to work in MMA. Elbows, parries and knee stomps etc. But apparently elbow strikes only count if a Muay Thai fighter trained a collegiate wrestler to do them...lol.

The training is generally more suitable for older people if you take out the controlled sparring you might do when you are younger.

That was lame.

There's plenty in WC that's not too dangerous for sport and has been proven to work in MMA. Elbows, parries and knee stomps etc. But apparently elbow strikes only count if a Muay Thai fighter trained a collegiate wrestler to do them...lol.

The training is generally more suitable for older people if you take out the controlled sparring you might do when you are younger.
And yet WC schools don’t pressure test so none of them can actually do it.

The more you talk the more obvious it is you don’t know what you’re talking about.

If I create Muay america that’s just MT without any live sparring or pressure testing and only pad work and compliant drills, then Muay America would be just as useless as WC despite being 80-90% the same as Muay Thai.
Karate includes knees and elbows too, but most karate is useless because most karate doesn’t use effective method of sparring or pressure testing.

Your arguments continue to fall flat.

And yet WC schools don’t pressure test so none of them can actually do it.

The more you talk the more obvious it is you don’t know what you’re talking about.

If I create Muay america that’s just MT without any live sparring or pressure testing and only pad work and compliant drills, then Muay America would be just as useless as WC despite being 80-90% the same as Muay Thai.
Karate includes knees and elbows too, but most karate is useless because most karate doesn’t use effective method of sparring or pressure testing.

Your arguments continue to fall flat.
Some do pressure test.
But that's not the focus here which is old man martial arts.
Standard training here is more than sufficient (Chi Sau without Gor Sau or live sparring) for health and basic self defence especially as one gets much older.

Some do pressure test.
But that's not the focus here which is old man martial arts.
Standard training here is more than sufficient (Chi Sau without Gor Sau or live sparring) for health and basic self defence especially as one gets much older.
Lol ‘some do’

you’re the one who made claims these styles had elderly masters taking out multiple opponents at once.

That was lame.

If other styles have the same strikes.. why somebody would train WC? there is a reason why WC people think their style is the best, the style claims to be the most intelligent way to fight

There is an Argentinian former EBMAS instructor that debunked that, he has a Youtube channel, i think his videos about WC have subtitles

you’re the one who made claims these styles had elderly masters taking out multiple opponents at once.
I have witnessed elderly grandmasters who have the speed, precision and power I acertain could take out multiple untrained guys in a fight if they hit first and went for the vulnerable targets.

If other styles have the same strikes.. why somebody would train WC? there is a reason why WC people think their style is the best, the style claims to be the most intelligent way to fight
MT does have some of the same strikes. I have said many times that on average a MT guy will beat a WC guy due to how they train. That doesn't mean it's better to train until you are very old or that it has as many options in a self defence scenario.

I have witnessed elderly grandmasters who have the speed, precision and power I acertain could take out multiple untrained guys in a fight if they hit first and went for the vulnerable targets.

MT does have some of the same strikes. I have said many times that on average a MT guy will beat a WC guy due to how they train. That doesn't mean it's better to train until you are very old or that it has as many options in a self defence scenario.
Ok. So if they sucker punch people in the throat you think they could win? Got it.

Ok. So if they sucker punch people in the throat you think they could win? Got it.
That's one way. If you fight multiple oppoents you generally should hit first.
But I don't care whether you 'get it' or not.
Your understanding of martial arts is limited to those in their youth and prime of life.
That's your limitation, too bad.

That's one way. If you fight multiple oppoents you generally should hit first.
But I don't care whether you 'get it' or not.
Your understanding of martial arts is limited to those in their youth and prime of life.
That's your limitation, too bad.
I generally avoid committing assault and battery, and try not to condone violent crime, but apparently wing chun teaches you to be a criminal.

I generally avoid committing assault and battery, and try not to condone violent crime, but apparently wing chun teaches you to be a criminal.
I sorta love the circular logic of, “if you have to fight a group of people then strike first”. Well no shit you have to fight a whole group of people, you just karate chopped some poor sap in the neck unprovoked. His friends and any Good Samaritans are going to jump in and try to stop you from committing more unprovoked acts of violence against strangers.

Curious to know if any of you transitioned to a more "gentle" art later in life? I spent 20 years in Enshin/Kyokuhshin and MT before injuries, life and maybe a bit of age and wisdom caused me to step aside. Now in my 50's, I miss the training and learning aspect of martial arts and am considering trying tai chi or even wing chin just for the learning and form style training without the brain trauma.
For those who may have done this or considered that type of switch, how did your former, full-contact or mma mindset adapt?
In short, ignore the idiotic comments of ignorance here.
Yes train something like WC, preferably Wong Shun Leung lineage for older age. You will find that there is a resonance with also some of the techniques you trained in Muay Thai, but you will also find much more longevity in the manner of training and health promoting rather than health deteriorating practices.

Back