Old news but still unsolved Spider vs Maia what happened there?

Silva refused to engage full force and embarrassed DW and was very hard to watch, why? What happened there any good explanation?

anderson was just boring. all anderson did was all his show boating hot dogging tricks that got old fast while not trying to get a finish

it was a classic boring point fight win.

dana also was fearing this was it was would kill the ufc in the middle east market cause i think that was the first ppv there.

I also theorized at the time that Anderson didn’t want to inflict unnecessary damage on someone, especially a fellow Brazilian. Just a theory. Why give someone brain damage if you can win without doing so. I know there are plenty of counter arguments to this, so spare me. It was just a theory.
This has been my theory for the longest time. From Leites to Maia, he will carry them til the 5th rd.

I also theorized at the time that Anderson didn’t want to inflict unnecessary damage on someone, especially a fellow Brazilian. Just a theory. Why give someone brain damage if you can win without doing so. I know there are plenty of counter arguments to this, so spare me. It was just a theory.
The word that everyone was saying about that fight was that Anderson had issues with Maia because of the comments he made prefight about taking one of his 8 legs home. Basically this was one of those fights where it's a world class striker vs a world class grappler and Silva wanted to prove his point. That is why he was so disrespectful to him during their fight and doing all the things he was doing. Plus both Brazilian fighting for the belt, one striking base and other grappling base - so it was one of those classic striker vs grappler match and Anderson Silva was out to prove a point.

Still has one of the best bjj in the world for mma. Anderson otoh, is broken and has a tarnished legacy.

TS asked a question and the answer was given. Apparently it went straight over your head. Enjoy having a discussion with yourself about legacies.

As a.brazilian myself i can say somethings i think happened
- brazilians don't like to fight countryman
- frendship is a very important thing to us and that include sports, so competition by members of a "same team" is seem a disrespectiful.

All and all might seem as disrespectiful for americans but im pretty sure anderson acted that way because he didn't want to "hurt" humiliate maia.

Anyway thats my view on it by my eyes, could be another thing

Anderson clowned around and kinda gassed himself out a little bit. Just an ugly matchup of a grappler who doesnt want to engage with a striker and a striker who doesnt want to engage with a grappler. Sort of like Werdum/Overeem 1

This. The fight was outside in the desert and Silva was clowning which is part of his strategy as well. It was a perfect storm because Silva's clowning against a counterfighter led the fight to go deep and Silva gassed himself partly because it was hot as fuck in there.

- frendship is a very important thing to us and that include sports, so competition by members of a "same team" is seem a disrespectiful.

All and all might seem as disrespectiful for americans but im pretty sure anderson acted that way because he didn't want to "hurt" humiliate maia.

isn't vitor Brazilian?

I think that was before all the broadcasts were in hd so most people watching from home couldnt see the guitar Anderson was playing for most of the match.
anderdon-silva-air-guitar.gif

<Oku02>

<JackieThumbsUp>

Strikers are always paranoid of grapplers during a fight, and they have every right to be.
the grapplers on the other hand lay on the ground simply because they're simply too comfortable/relaxed to remain on their feet.

Silva refused to engage full force and embarrassed DW and was very hard to watch, why? What happened there any good explanation?
Silva got cocky in the first and secound round and then Maia clocked him really hard in the side of the head, from that moment on Silva hardly threw a strike because he was happy to dance his way to victory.

Only a matter of time before Maia gets his rematch in Belator. He's gonna destroy Silva's bad leg.

Silva clowned early and then gassed; the inside of the arena was ridiculously hot and the UFC was unprepared

Back