Oldest still active Sherdog member?

I totally understand you when you say "City Miles" but I've lived in both the city and country for equal parts of my life and many won't get it.
If it should be that only the crotchety old folks get the joke, I will consider that a bonus.

It's sad that younger people don't like forums. It's the best format to have a continuous conversation on a single topic over the course of days and weeks.
The thing I've always liked about forums is they strike the perfect balance between public and private. Yes, everyone can see what you write. But it's not like the forum is directly plugged into a network that can literally reach billions of people, like Instagram or Youtube or Facebook or Tik Tok*.
It was always that feeling of "what happens on the Internet forum stays on the Internet forum". Which is why you also used to be able to write some pretty wild stuff. It wasn't a huge cultural issue that hurt people, turned them on to insane ideologies, made their internet persona a bigger part of their lives than their real-life one et cetera.

So in short, social media reached it's techological peak around the turn of the millennium. Everything invented since have been downgrades, and directly harmful.

*Not for very much longer though.<DCWhoa>

The thing I've always liked about forums is they strike the perfect balance between public and private. Yes, everyone can see what you write. But it's not like the forum is directly plugged into a network that can literally reach billions of people, like Instagram or Youtube or Facebook or Tik Tok*.
It was always that feeling of "what happens on the Internet forum stays on the Internet forum". Which is why you also used to be able to write some pretty wild stuff. It wasn't a huge cultural issue that hurt people, turned them on to insane ideologies, made their internet persona a bigger part of their lives than their real-life one et cetera.

So in short, social media reached it's techological peak around the turn of the millennium. Everything invented since have been downgrades, and directly harmful.

*Not for very much longer though.<DCWhoa>

Forums basically become a community of sorts, hard to pull that off with most of the other social media avenues.

Is @Jopo still alive? He has one of the first 50 accounts created.

Reactions: lsa
Any sherdogger crack 80 yet? I'm guessing there are a few in their 70's. Most in their 30-40s.

People who joined in the mid to late 2000s were called TUF Noobs. Whose the Tuff Noob now?!?!?!?

Back