Olympic Boxing thread: Every night Starting 7/23.

I thought she was unlucky, but no home town decision. It was very close
As per my initial post, Lauren price is gonna win gold. I’ve seen her a few times recently and she’s a class above. The only fighter at her weight I’m not familiar with is the Chinese girl, I don’t think they’ve ever fought. She’s m been beating all the other top girls pretty comfortably

Clarke’s got a tough fight. The french fella beat him recently in a very close fight. That was in Paris though so at least this is at a neutral location. The winner likely gets jalalov.

1 of those 3 will win it imo, probably jalalov

Price and McCormack have a good chance of gold.
Clarke and yafai could well medal, but both have tough fights. Yafai beat his Cuban opponent when they recently fought. I think Dubois will make the semis but will also have a tough fight with the Irish girl if she does, whose the gold medal favourite. She lost 2 her recently but it was a close fight.

I don’t see Whittaker going any further than bronze.

I think we gonna come away with 6 medals, which would be a really good haul
Yeah Karriss I thought had just done enough to take the last round but I can't complain that they gave it to the Japanese fighter. What a games for her, going for gold in her home city and only 20 years old.

Yeah Price seems a level above, she's got to be odds on for Gold.

Yeah Clarke is up against it. Even if he wins I think Jalalov is a class act and he will be tough to beat.

McCormack has looked good so far and should beat the Irishman next. His brother got totally outclassed by the Cuban.

Yafai I thought was pretty lucky to get the nod in his match. Hopefully he can up his game.

Dubois has impressed me, she works hard and has a real tenacity. Apparently they have two younger brothers who are also boxers! It does make me wonder why she is so small compared to her brother. Hard to believe they came out of the same place!

Yeah 6 medals is not bad. Thought it was interesting that Ukraine have pretty much slipped off the boxing landscape. They used to be really strong.

I think your bias is more of an issue. There have been robberies in the Olympics; that wasn’t one of them!
I'm pretty sure when u win the first round and have a close second round and in the 3rd you outland someone and keep landing the same shot over and over with the other person not blocking it once it's a worthy win

The Artingstall/Irie fight was 50/50. Round 1 and 3 were close and were the deciding rounds. Irie was landing those step back rights all day in the 3rd.

I thought Irma Testa is still the best at the weight. Testa was beating Petecio easily but resorted to holding too much.

Turkey has some good females.

This southpaw is smooth, and the bigger girl is basically female Mike Tyson

This girl from China is gonna win gold because she is freaking 5'10 at 112 lbs

She just beat a former pro IBO world champ

Last edited:
USA squeezed it out by by 1 judge by 1 point

Okay Duke Ragan is gonna beat this Ghana guy for sure for a silver medal but will probably lose in the finals to the winner of Lazaro/Butdee or Albert

Khyzniak next.

He reminds me of the guy that beat Michael Conlan in the last Olympics

Khatayev is next

I wonder if hes gonna knock out Whittaker

holy shit!!! what a KO

Vic Darchinyan's nephew got KO'd

The Filipino guy got 2 KO's now

I dont know why Khatayev isnt cutting him off and is fighting on the outside

Whittaker wins.

Khatayev got exposed!!

Hate to say it but he'd lose to the Andre Dirrell type

Jalalov easily cruises to semifinal UD