Olympics Megathread

I dont get it.

-Is she a dude that now is a girl playing against women?
-Is she a woman that thinks that she is a dude and should be playing against men(by woke standards) playing against women??
She is a woman who should be playing against women. She is on no form of hormone therapy that we’ve been told.

But it’s still historical, I’m told.

So the USA took Gold and Silver in the pole vault, but you'll only see a Silver.

Here's the gold medalist. Born in Louisiana. Grew up in Louisiana. Trained in Louisiana. Native English speaker. Had to learn Swedish over Skype.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armand_Duplantis

What a disgrace.
e6023b5f-c5e8-4dc4-83cf-baf182f00979-duplantis.jpg

His brother was a stud for LSU baseball.

So the USA took Gold and Silver in the pole vault, but you'll only see a Silver.

Here's the gold medalist. Born in Louisiana. Grew up in Louisiana. Trained in Louisiana. Native English speaker. Had to learn Swedish over Skype.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armand_Duplantis

What a disgrace.
e6023b5f-c5e8-4dc4-83cf-baf182f00979-duplantis.jpg

Cajuns are really just French people anyway.

Team USA has always relied on foreign athletes for Olympic golds:
  • Patrick Ewing
  • Hakeem
  • Sanya Richards-Ross
  • Carlos Boozer
  • Kerron Clement
  • Kyrie

Last edited:

Team USA has always relied on foreign athletes for golds:
  • Patrick Ewing
  • Hakeem
  • Sanya Richards-Ross
  • Boozer
  • Kerron Clement
  • Kyrie

I would just like Olympics to stop people that already represented one country to change it for future events, like FIFA does with players.

The whole double nationality, inmigration, people being hired or getting a scholarship to train would be to complicated to regulate.

I hate to get ahead of myself; but I could see Dake, DT, and Gable walking away with gold.

I was having this discussion the other day, and Dake should win, DT should win, Gable definitely has a shot. The problem is Akgul and Geno are monsters. We should have 2 medals, a good shot at 3. But I think Stevenson or Snyder can do it. We can get 4 in mens and I'd go wrestle my neighbors walking their dogs if we did. Really excited.

I was having this discussion the other day, and Dake should win, DT should win, Gable definitely has a shot. The problem is Akgul and Geno are monsters. We should have 2 medals, a good shot at 3. But I think Stevenson or Snyder can do it. We can get 4 in mens and I'd go wrestle my neighbors walking their dogs if we did. Really excited.
Embarrassed, but I completely forgot about Snyder.

Embarrassed, but I completely forgot about Snyder.
He has the toughest road. So it's not too embarrassing, he's a long shot with Sadulaev maybe being the best ever

Team USA has always relied on foreign athletes for golds:
  • Patrick Ewing
  • Hakeem
  • Sanya Richards-Ross
  • Carlos Boozer
  • Kerron Clement
  • Kyrie
Except we didn't.

If he had moved to Sweden, trained in Sweden, and went back to Sweden after these Games for the rest of his life, I wouldn't be bothered by it. He'll be partying in New Orleans before the end of this month because why would anyone want to live in a European shithole when you won the living lottery of being born with a US citizenship? Proof is in the pudding.

Except we didn't.

If he had moved to Sweden, trained in Sweden, and went back to Sweden after these Games for the rest of his life, I wouldn't be bothered by it. He'll be partying in New Orleans before the end of this month because why would anyone want to live in a European shithole when you won the living lottery of being born with a US citizenship? Proof is in the pudding.

Does it really matter though? Has anyone asked him why he chose to represent Sweden?

Except we didn't.

There is few sports were and atlethe would get better trainning or support in sports outside of the USA, but cases do exist.

Serginho Dest is born and raised in the Neatherlands to a dutch mother and a military american father, he was trainned in dutch soccer clubs since a kid all the way to being a profesional with Ajax, but decided to play for team USA

You win some, you lose some.

3f527536e463ed6f01f0b81071768a99_crop_north.jpg

https://www.espn.com/soccer/united-...over-netherlandsthe-pride-of-playing-for-ajax

"Given that Dest visited America for the first time in 2014, that meant a step into the relative unknown.

Word of Dest reached U.S. Soccer via former U.S. Under-20 coach and Ajax player Dave van den Bergh, and the U.S. soon capped Dest at Under-17 level. He remembers fondly how he had limited English when he turned up to training camp at the IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida, but the team helped him and encouraged him both on and off the field. "

Last edited:
There is few sports were and atlethe would get better trainning or support in sports outside of the USA, but cases do exist.

Serginho Dest is born and raised in the Neatherlands to a dutch mother and a military american father, he was trainned in dutch soccer clubs since a kid all the way to being a profesional with Ajax, but decided to play for team USA

You win some, you lose some.

3f527536e463ed6f01f0b81071768a99_crop_north.jpg

https://www.espn.com/soccer/united-...over-netherlandsthe-pride-of-playing-for-ajax

"Given that Dest visited America for the first time in 2014, that meant a step into the relative unknown.

Word of Dest reached U.S. Soccer via former U.S. Under-20 coach and Ajax player Dave van den Bergh, and the U.S. soon capped Dest at Under-17 level. He remembers fondly how he had limited English when he turned up to training camp at the IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida, but the team helped him and encouraged him both on and off the field. "
No.

This appears to be a more common and understandable example of someone "adopting" a foreign country (usually in which they already possess a citizenship). It's highly common for Americans. They do it because they don't cut it. They couldn't make the American team in their sport, but they want to be an Olympian, so they go and represent another country. They get to live the Olympic dream.

Because Team USA isn't at the Olympics in soccer. We suck. This can isn't winning us an medals or World Cups. We gain nothing by Dutch dregs.

So it's we lose some, we lose some.

how about that gwen berry?
maybe she should have honed her skill in her athletic discipline a bit more
instead of engaging in identity politics at a global event.
11th out of 12 competitors, hm.
hard to take seriously anything she might have to say
with that level of dedication IMO.

No.

Because Team USA isn't at the Olympics in soccer. We suck. This can isn't winning us an medals or World Cups. We gain nothing by Dutch dregs.

He isnt cause he was playing with Barcelona during the Olympic qualifiers while the MLS breed youngster lost to Honduras.

The USA put on lock a player that didnt even speak english with a bright future in what looks like a very shady move as he doesnt follow the regular patter from other players in similar sutuations.

- Select the country you are more attached to.
- Select the country who is the biggest powerhouse in the sport.
-In case you are a can that will never make the powerhouse NT select the second option.

Dest doesnt follow any of those patterns, but could be a huge player for the team USA is building when they host the 2026 WC. Im not saying they will win, but the USA has been looking for a bigger share of the pie in the worlds biggest pro sport. And players like Dest can play a big part on it.

Back