ONE: Haggerty vs Rodtang (2nd August, Manila)

Round by round with a 10-point system it should have been a draw but they don't have draws in One so it makes sense to pick Rodtang as the winner since he inflicted more damage.

Round by round with a 10-point system it should have been a draw but they don't have draws in One so it makes sense to pick Rodtang as the winner since he inflicted more damage.

yeah i guess.

i don't mind a rematch though, that was a fun fight.

Tenshin vs Rodtang II or Haggerty, LET'S GO!
Tenshin would probably win by KO. Haggerty has excellent timing with his teep but he need to work on managing his energy. He got badly hurt against both Sam-A and Rodtang and pretty much resorted to covering up and running away. Tenshin is just way too fast for that strategy to work well IMO.

Tenshin would probably win by KO. Haggerty has excellent timing with his teep but he need to work on managing his energy. He got badly hurt against both Sam-A and Rodtang and pretty much resorted to covering up and running away. Tenshin is just way too fast for that strategy to work well IMO.
That may be true, but wouldn't you rather see that than someone that's gonna get KO'ed by a handstand kick?

Glad rodtang won that to be honest. There is fighting on the back foot and there is running. After he got dropped in the 4 th round he was just running, even with all the showboating. Don't blame haggerty but it shouldn't be rewarded.

That may be true, but wouldn't you rather see that than someone that's gonna get KO'ed by a handstand kick?
I would like them to fight for sure. Not sure if it's a possible matchup though.

Who would you guys favor in a rematch between Tenshin and Rodtang? I scored the first fight for Rodtang although it was pretty close, but both of them have been on a roll recently and I really don't know who would win in a rematch.

Who would you guys favor in a rematch between Tenshin and Rodtang? I scored the first fight for Rodtang although it was pretty close, but both of them have been on a roll recently and I really don't know who would win in a rematch.
I'm the oddball on this forum that thinks Tenshin edged their fight. I think he'd win in a rematch aswell.

I think haggerty getting hurt to the body a good bit might have something to do with cutting alot of weight as well. Being taller than his opponent works very well for his style because he likes to keep people at the end of his punhes and kicks. But i think the weight cut might affect his ability to take body shots. Also the clinches were broken up quickly and there weren't that many but Rodtang managed to break haggerty's posture once or twice.

I'm the oddball on this forum that thinks Tenshin edged their fight. I think he'd win in a rematch aswell.
I thought he did too. Could go either way in a rematch IMO.

I can definitely see your POV; I think it was one of those fights that could go either way depending on what you are looking for in your scoring. The thing I have seen with them, and I could be wrong here, is that neither seem to be improving or evolving a whole lot. Rodtang still takes lots of shots to the face, Tenshin still uses his slick foot work to pull of Tekken moves, etc. In a rematch, I see it going very similarly unless one of them makes adjustments for the other

Last edited:

I feel like you guys seem to forget that the fight between Rodtang and Tenshin was under kickboxing rules and ended up being extremely close.

I don't think Tenshin would stand much of a chance against either Rodtang or Haggerty under full thai rules.

I feel like you guys seem to forget that the fight between Rodtang and Tenshin was under kickboxing rules and ended up being extremely close.

I don't think Tenshin would stand much of a chance against either Rodtang or Haggerty under full thai rules.
If tenshin fights either guy it will probably be KB so i was talking about KB.

Last edited:
Tenshin fought stupidly against Rodtang, neglected the body and didnt move off the ropes as much as he needed to, he needs to change his approach and accept he probably wont ever be able to knock Rodtang out, he can have an easier time that way

Rodtang has Seksan to worry about in 2 weeks. thats going to be a very hard fight.

Tenshin fought stupidly against Rodtang, neglected the body and didnt move off the ropes as much as he needed to, he needs to change his approach and accept he probably wont ever be able to knock Rodtang out, he can have an easier time that way

I think if Tenshin fought for points, working off his jab and using his footwork to open up counter opportunities and taking them when he can, he would win a clear decision. Like I said above, I don't see a second fight playing out much differently if neither of them adjust their strategy. I think Tenshin has the easier adjustments to make between them, though

I think you seem to forget Tenshin would never take this fight under FTR, and none of us were implying that.

Is there at least an consensus that Tenshin won the overtime round? Cause I thought the fight was close but that extra round wasn't.

Back