One of the dumbest ideas can now safely be put to rest

I don’t need to watch the fight to know usmand got round 5 late finished in a fight he was winning. This thread was about comparing gsp to marty in the pointless goat discussion.. n now their losses take away from their argument as being ww goat. Gsp got flawless victory plooked in round 1 by lightweight journeyman Serra while usmand got late round 5 finishes in a fight he was about to win by decision. . I don’t need to have seen the fight n known the little details to comment on that… n it would take a special kind of stupid, arrogant. entitled, or all of the above to think I would need my eyes glued to the screen for every second of those fights to comment on them.

you said I could go watch the fight on “multiple platforms.” There is only 1 platform here called espn plus which is a huge rip off for a ppv here. We know ram well you implied I go watch the replay on the high seas
Ram well? You are high, also is Youtube the high seas these days, a few mins spent searching there you'd find at minimum substantive fight highlights. You didn't watch a second of the fight you said that yourself, yes you need to have watched at least some part of it to comment, not listened to someone's erroneous second hand opinion least you end up looking like a moron. In this instance it is unfortunately too late for you to avoid that. Anyway enjoy the reefer, actually watch part if not an entire fight before commenting on a thread, and maybe look into your issues with stealing. Seems to be a thing with you.

you know whats funny?

I remember how much i couldn't stand woodley and his borring ass fights, his annoying diva personality and constant bitching about invisible racisim. Now we have Usman, Leaving me feeling the same way. Lets hope leon doesn't continue this cycle.
I'm glad Leon pulled off the upset, but looking at how he acted for the last 3 years leading up to now, I have little to no doubt he will be equally if not more insufferable than both.

Wait for the Masvidal call outs, while Usman and Khamzat wait in the wind.

Ram well? You are high, also is Youtube the high seas these days, a few mins spent searching there you'd find at minimum substantive fight highlights. You didn't watch a second of the fight you said that yourself, yes you need to have watched at least some part of it to comment, not listened to someone's erroneous second hand opinion least you end up looking like a moron. In this instance it is unfortunately too late for you to avoid that. Anyway enjoy the reefer, actually watch part if not an entire fight before commenting on a thread, and maybe look into your issues with stealing. Seems to be a thing with you.

never said I didn’t see any of the fight whatsoever. You got completely hung up on nothing more than Leon winning a mere 1 more round than I was mistaken of saying. Then i politely implied “oops sorry my bad” but you went on pressing it even further like the fuckhead asshole you are. What kind of fucking douche bag fuck face are you? You should look into this weed thing. I heard it cures dickheadedness.

…n we know u probably pirated the fight. i didn’t but you did. I have the moral high ground

Everytime something like this happens, I remember how fucking hard it is to keep an unblemished record at the highest level. The slightest mistake can cost you the fight. Fucking crazy.

And yet you came here still

"black back in retardation"

Can't make this shit up lol

Just to summarize, you were the target of my OP
Reads an article or two saying Usman is the GOAT
Believes it, because it's online, gets mad someone disagrees, makes a fool of himself

It's the quintessential path of a the type of people who enlist their pronouns on their profiles

As for never playing sports, if I linked you to my pro muay thai fight videos and state placement in wrestling photo, would you actually send your wager over? I'll put up a quick $500. Free money is free money namsayin.

You have got a black belt in retardation, are you disputing this? It's right there every time you post

Never said my stance on if he's worthy of being called the ww goat. Just said it's in discussion. Not just a few times but was a pretty regular thing and there was a case for an argument to be made. There you go flexing your blackbelt again.

Well done on actually fighting. Better than 99.9% of this board will give you that. Esp as you find time to also be a blackbelt level retard on these boards.

When a casual calls you a casual

And says usman was in discussion to be ww goat for defending against 3 fighters, getting koed by the fourth.

The retardation is palpable with this one

Just to quote and point out what a delusional twat you are.. twice you've stated I said things I never did. You literally make up stuff.

Show me where I say he's the ww goat for defending against 3 fighters?

Show me where I even say he is the ww goat?
All I'm saying is there was a reasonably strong argument for it, from a variety of sources. I never state my opinion on it.

Shertards gonna shertard, well done :)

Well, we never saw Usman fighting at 205, so we can't know for sure how good he is at 205

You talk about Jones losing fights (while being the champion, so judges consider you have to do more to get the belt against a champion).

But what about Khabib against Tibau when he was a nobody then ?

Also, JJ was a champ at 23 years old : nobody ever did that.

Yet, we could easily find some undefeated fighters : Adesanya in his weight class, JJ if we don't count his DQ.

I am not arguing that Jones is extremely impressive. I do feel he has 2 or even 3 losses if you count the first Gus fight. Officially he only has 1 and I don’t agree with that one either. Jones was the Champ at only 23 which is the same age Khabib was when he was fighting a roided up 28 year old Tibau. I and all 3 judges gave every round to Khabib so I guess it wasn’t as close as all of those Jones split decisions but I acknowledge your opinion as I would think you would acknowledge mine.

all of those Jones split decisions

He only got 1 split decision actually : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Jones#Mixed_martial_arts_record

And being the champ at only 23 years old is the most impressive feat i've ever seen in the UFC.

Also, he beat the champ by TKO.

People will say he's a cheater, but if we stick to the facts, he's only guilty of recreational cocaine use : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Jones#Failed_drug_tests

Khabib won his champ title by decision.

Also he missed several fights for weight issues or injuries : https://www.sportskeeda.com/mma/news-how-many-times-khabib-nurmagomedov-pulled-scheduled-ufc-fight

He was a WW during a long period of time, but as soon as he entered in the UFC, he returned to LW : he's the definition of a weight bully.

Here's his fighting record : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khabib_Nurmagomedov#Mixed_martial_arts_record

JJ made all of his career at the LHW division and never missed the weight.

He only did one catchweight fight in his first MMA fight.

Khabib has 2 catchweight fights in the UFC...

He only got 1 split decision actually : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Jones#Mixed_martial_arts_record

And being the champ at only 23 years old is the most impressive feat i've ever seen in the UFC.

Also, he beat the champ by TKO.

People will say he's a cheater, but if we stick to the facts, he's only guilty of recreational cocaine use : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Jones#Failed_drug_tests

Khabib won his champ title by decision.

Also he missed several fights for weight issues or injuries : https://www.sportskeeda.com/mma/news-how-many-times-khabib-nurmagomedov-pulled-scheduled-ufc-fight

He was a WW during a long period of time, but as soon as he entered in the UFC, he returned to LW : he's the definition of a weight bully.

Here's his fighting record : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khabib_Nurmagomedov#Mixed_martial_arts_record

JJ made all of his career at the LHW division and never missed the weight.

He only did one catchweight fight in his first MMA fight.

Khabib has 2 catchweight fights in the UFC...
Honestly think Jones lost his last 2 fights and then retired you know what Khabib did to his last 2. LHW is also a much weaker division than LW. Just sayin …

That Marty is p4p and ww goat

I am elated that his multiple personalities will no longer be constantly on display
Anyone who said Marty is the WW goat is about as gullible as a blonde 4 year old
All the dumb fuckin talks about going upto LHW
Marty pretending to be black Conor

ahhhhhhh so refreshing

I'd rather hear leon murmur instead
Because I am grateful for what he did with his left leg
He's not, and not particularly close to GSP, however he still is clearly the 2nd best WW ever.

giphy.gif

Honestly think Jones lost his last 2 fights and then retired you know what Khabib did to his last 2. LHW is also a much weaker division than LW. Just sayin …

Jon Jones has a much better resume than Khabib.

What's Khabib greastest win ? Conor ? <GOT2>

Sure, but until a guy actually gets to within a win or two of actually getting 9 straight defences this shit needs to stop. You don’t beat 3 different guys and get mentioned in the same sentence with GSP. They did it with Woodley too. The fact Usman never wanted the next guy in line should have been a clue he wasn’t that guy. Calling out Masvidal for a rematch was literally the low point. And calling out Chiesa and Nate.. Come on, man.

Order has been restored, but you guys can keep wishing and hoping.

I am the first to criticize the egregious Masvidal rematch and I always felt like Usman had plenty of work to do before he caught up to GSP. Hell, there's a legitimate argument about whether he ever even fully surpassed Matt Hughes at 170. That being said, I will say that I don't necessarily feel that getting nine consecutive title defenses (or something close) is or should be necessary. Hughes fought for the title in the first fight of his long-term run in the UFC. GSP fought for the title initially with a 7-0 pro record and two wins in the promotion. You just generally don't see many guys doing that these days, except the occasional hype generator like maybe Khamzat -- and even he is going to be 12-0 as a pro and 6-0 in the UFC after beating Nate, with multiple amateur bouts. Look at how many fights Usman and Edwards had to put in before earning a title shot and both already had solid regional records.

This isn't an anti-GSP thing or pro-Usman thing. I mean, hell, we can use Edwards as an example. Let's say over the next several years he manages to be the UFC's next golden boy and puts together an impressive title reign where he beats Kamaru in a rematch along with Khamzat, Colby, Shavkat, the winner of Belal/Sean, Gilbert, etc. Or maybe some of those end up being rematches against the likes of Khamzat and Shavkat, whatever. People are high on them. He ends up retiring with six title defenses, plenty of finishes sprinkled in there. Is he not even in the conversation against GSP because he has fewer title defenses, even if he ends up with a total greater undefeated streak at Welterweight and arguably fought more elite contenders (as compared to, say, the Dan Hardys of the world -- not Hendricks or Hughes), and had to put together a 9-win streak just to get to the title in the first place? If not, what is the arbitrary number of title defenses where you can be considered GSP's equal in a modern context assuming you had a longer road to the title and encountered arguably stiffer competition?

I'm not saying there's any exact wrong or right answer here, per se. I just feel that it's a conversation worth having is all. Because I see a lot of people treat it as "nine consecutive title defenses or bust" and if that's the case then I don't see it happening ever again, to be honest and at that point GSP is safely enshrined as Welterweight GOAT (which, to be fair, is fine by me; Georges is the bomb). The sport has changed.

Jon Jones has a much better resume than Khabib.

What's Khabib greastest win ? Conor ? <GOT2>
HW and LHW have always been the weakest divisions. The best athletes of that size play football , basketball and baseball where you can make serious money and take less damage but at 155 lbs there are very few sports you can make millions in except MMA and that is why it is a much tougher division .

Stereotypical when someone loses "they weren't ever good" post. Few more defenses, he would have have been in gsp territory
That's just it though, people were already saying he's surpassed GSP. Those people were dumb af. Marty is good, but he's had obvious holes in his technique and has only defended against LWs or people who should be LWs. The strongest name on his resume is Colby, and Colby openly brags about not cutting any weight and has several holes in his striking as well. GSP was the most complete MMAist we've ever seen, or at least one of the top 3 (arguments can be made for DJ and Jones as well).

I mean.. usman was p4p as of Friday lol.. gsp did get ko by Matt Serra you know.. in 6 months when usman 50-45s Leon edwards he will again be considered p4p.. although gsp is still ww goat for sure
GSP got KO'd in a fight he was mauling him in, and came back with a brutal one-sided beatdown. I can't say or see the same for Usman. Usman was grinding out a tough decision before he got caught, and at no point was it one-sided. Even got taken down and had his back taken. Edwards was defensively sound in the ensuing rounds and took almost no damage. Even if Usman comes back with a vengeance, their levels are close enough that I can't see him destroying edwards the way GSP did Serra.

GSP got KO'd in a fight he was mauling him in, and came back with a brutal one-sided beatdown. I can't say or see the same for Usman. Usman was grinding out a tough decision before he got caught, and at no point was it one-sided. Even got taken down and had his back taken. Edwards was defensively sound in the ensuing rounds and took almost no damage. Even if Usman comes back with a vengeance, their levels are close enough that I can't see him destroying edwards the way GSP did Serra.
Agreed.. but edwards is a much better fighter than Serra was, especially considering the size… I’m still taking gsp, just saying, usman can recover from this ko if he’s going to continue to be the fighter he was

So you didn't watch the fight or even read a play by play, but randomly took someone's word second hand that Usman was up 4 rounds to zip? If you didn't watch the fight at all why you chirping then? I assume the full fight can be found on a number of platforms now, surely you'd go watch it rather then just guessing. You know what they say about making assumptions.
“When you assume, you make an ass/ out of u, and me”. Ass/u/me.

Bad News Bears, in Breaking Training. Classic sports movie.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back