Out of the 7 MMA All-Time GOATs - Who's the most overrated fighter?

Who's the most overrated fighter?

• Total voters
Voted Khabib. He's not overrated as a figther but def is as a champion and a GOAT candidate due to his resume, and the low number of title defenses.
it took Khabib 9 wins and over 6 years to get his first titleshot. If it wasn't for bullshit politics, injuries, and fighters turning down fights there wouldn't be a need for this poll.

Jon Jones 6-1* fights and 2 1/2 years
DJ was 2-0 in the UFC when he got his first titleshot in under a year
GSP 2 fights to get first titleshot in less then a year
Anderson Silva 1 warmup fight to get a titleshot
Aldo got given the UFC FW Title without having fought in the UFC

none of them for the most part, but khabib should not be on the same list as the rest of those guys and mighty mouse’s resumé is less impressive in hindsight

it took Khabib 9 wins and over 6 years to get his first titleshot. If it wasn't for bullshit politics, injuries, and fighters turning down fights there wouldn't be a need for this poll.

Thats true but by the same logic so many modern fighters could make a GOAT claim. Look at the win streaks Usman or Holloway were riding before their tittle shot

GSP was fed to the wolf against #1 p4p at 23 years old, lost and therefore didnt get any title defense.

To earn his rematch he pretty much cleaned the WW division.

So please lets not pretend that he earned that many title defenses only because he was fast tracked to a title.

Probably Fedor since some guys think he could hang with the Ngannous and Ganes of today.

I love the dude but just no.

I've never been more thankful for a retirement than when Khabib hung it up. Annoying dude, boring fucking style, and one of the shittiest fanbases in the sport

You know the "AT" in "GOAT" stands for "All Time," right?

First the Aldo higher than Khabib P4P poll and now this.... it's almost like the recency bias is wearing off or something.

I'm surprised that Khabib nuthuggers just assume the poll is so lopsided because of Conor nuthuggers, have you seen the legion of haters for Jones, Anderson and GSP in this place?

That's BS.

If all of those guys were so weak why many fighters in the allegedly much stronger WW didnt just move up and beat them? They werent interested on being in a tittle fight and main event a PPV?Many of them actually tried...and failed.

The truth is that if GSP's tittle challengers were matched up with Marquardt, Okami or Maia, I dont know if they would be favoured but DEFINITELY it wouldnt be by much, to the point they get credit as legit A level challengers while Silva's challengers are B level. That's GSP fanboys bullshit.

Cote...yeah, he was an injury replacement. Leben wasnt even a tittle defense. You mention Leben but not Belfort. GTFO with the cheap/gnorant bias.

Anderson Silva, by the way, is a former WW who actually competed at WW just few months before KOing Rich Frankllin for the MW belt.

Hey, you are entitled to your opinion too.

I actually forgot about the Belfort title defense. Vitor has been such an up and down fighter that he alternated looking like a monster - TRTor and deflated and near helpless (against Silva, Jacare, Moose, Gastelum, etc) that the title defense didn't really stand out when recalling Silva's fights from memory. On a side note, without USADA testing it appears that he is back on the good stuff.

As far as the WW's moving up, weight classes exist for a reason. Jon Fitch or Josh Koscheck or Thiago Alves certainly seem like more complete fighters than some of the guys that Silva beat but they are a bit smaller than most of the MW's.

And yes, I know Silva was a WW earlier in his career but he's 6'2" and grew into his MW body. He was among the bigger MW's in the UFC during his reign and once he moved up and was at MW a few years, there was no way he was going back down.

I'm not a GSP fanboy either, he lost to Hendricks.

This so subjective. I cant put DJ on list ( weight class & comp) and can't put khabib on it due to longevity which is shame cause he wouldve ended up on list - no doubt - but I cant put him on.

I'm in minority but although I certainly put GSP on list , I have him further down list than most of his army of fans put him.

Did Khabib bots not read the full OP and just vote Khabib?

Voted Khabib. He's not overrated as a figther but def is as a champion and a GOAT candidate due to his resume, and the low number of title defenses.
I feel like the low title defense argument is silly considering no one at 155 has ever passed 3. And imo he has one of the better resumes at 155.

Still not the GOAT tho.

Back