Media Patricio Pitbull should try to get to Bantamweight

He wouldn't fight Primus because Primus is coming off a loss, and Shabliy is probably at least one win away from a title fight as well. I'm also not sure how the stupid rankings would factor in. They moved in Nurmagomedov and Mamedov but dropped Shabliy instead of Gozali or Picolotti, basically anyone who makes sense to drop, and have Nurmagomedov over Mamedov even though his win was against the far weaker opponent. But by the "rankings" Shabliy is like 2 fights away. And Henderson is coming off two losses so it'd be weird if he got a title shot.

Goiti beat an unranked 6-0 prospect, I mean right now the fighter who I think still has the strongest claim to the title shot is Outlaw. He may not be a desirable title contender, but he's the one who makes the most sense.
People who make the rankings are dumbasses. The rankings do continue to get better, though, but they dont know shit about some of these fighters. So, they still have a lot of work to do.

That would be the lamest title fight in Bellator history, good God please no. It would hurt my heart to Outlaw somehow managed to hug Patricio from the back for 25 minutes and get the title. TBH, I cannot wait for Outlaw to be cut, he is good enough to beat via boredom most of the division and put himself in title contention, while eliminating better title prospects. I know the dude is legit but just so unappealing to watch.

I have Outlaw, Mamedov, and Sabatello in my short list of undesirables.

That would be the lamest title fight in Bellator history, good God please no. It would hurt my heart to Outlaw somehow managed to hug Patricio from the back for 25 minutes and get the title. TBH, I cannot wait for Outlaw to be cut, he is good enough to beat via boredom most of the division and put himself in title contention, while eliminating better title prospects. I know the dude is legit but just so unappealing to watch.

Yeah I don't think that's like an exciting money fight either, but I'm not sure who else has done enough. Mamedov beat a former champ but I think that match was too controversial to give him a title shot. Even if you did that's also not a big money fight. I think the Pitbull camp is right that the big fight, the fight that would sell is the McKee rematch at 155. But firstly, it may not be prudent. Secondly, McKee is probably going to go into contract extension talks now because he doesn't want to fight 3 more fights at 150k, and the next fight won't have a million dollar win bonus. Maybe Goiti, but he is one win away from losing to Moret. He could maybe fight Burnell at 145, be like a title eliminator for a shot after Borics/Wilson, or a contingency plan if the McKee camp and Bellator can't come to terms. He's obviously not moving to 135 he's way too big for that.

People who make the rankings are dumbasses. The rankings do continue to get better, though, but they dont know shit about some of these fighters. So, they still have a lot of work to do.

lol your list is starting to look a lot like my list.

If I was Patricio, I would relinquish the LW belt with the excuse of letting Patricky fight for the belt. McKee said he weighed 165 on fight night vs Pitbull, if they fight at 155 its not gonna be a good night for Pitbull. Patricio dropping to 135 would be ideal and maybe challenging for the FW belt in 1-2 yrs after clearing out BW would be fun.

If I was Patricio, I would relinquish the LW belt with the excuse of letting Patricky fight for the belt. McKee said he weighed 165 on fight night vs Pitbull, if they fight at 155 its not gonna be a good night for Pitbull. Patricio dropping to 135 would be ideal and maybe challenging for the FW belt in 1-2 yrs after clearing out BW would be fun.
Same opinion, relinguish LW and fight Pettis for the title, hopefully with a Guchi fight as the next title defense. That's the most appealing matchups for Pitbull since he is so ahead off everyone else in FW.

Have a LW Grand Prix with maybe signing a marquee free agent, ala Abdul-Aziz Abdulvakhabov, Eduard Vartanyan or UFC guy like Carlos Diego Ferreira, Dan Hooker. Get the Rizin boys Souza and Tofiq involved as well

Same opinion, relinguish LW and fight Pettis for the title, hopefully with a Guchi fight as the next title defense. That's the most appealing matchups for Pitbull since he is so ahead off everyone else in FW.

Have a LW Grand Prix with maybe signing a marquee free agent, ala Abdul-Aziz Abdulvakhabov, Eduard Vartanyan or UFC guy like Carlos Diego Ferreira. Get the Rizin boys Souza and Tofiq involved as well

AAA isn't a free agent, he's pretty loyal to ACA, I don't think you'd get him.

Vartanyan is possible but he seems pretty set on waiting for the UFC, same with Yusuf Raisov.

AAA isn't a free agent, he's pretty loyal to ACA, I don't think you'd get him.

Vartanyan is possible but he seems pretty set on waiting for the UFC, same with Yusuf Raisov.
1 million Grand Prix payday might be enough to entice someone, we shall see. Just having the Rizin boys involved might be enough without signing someone else.

as someone said above AJ's a big guy and might not be able or want to keep making 145. If he beats Pitbull for LW title chances are he'd just stay there and Patricio could fight for a vacant FW title.

But BW has always been something people talked about with him and he himself mentioned trying to be a 3 div champ. If he could make it he'd be a beast at that weight. He'd beat Pettis for sure.

Him vs Magomed would be a fun ass fight.

lol your list is starting to look a lot like my list.
I know the casuals want to see the stand and bang dudes but Im a huge fan of grapplers. Guys like Neiman, Durinho, Khabib, etc. those guys who consistently look to improve position, punish you with gnp, or threaten submissions. These guys, however, are the epitome of boring AF grapplers. Nobody wants to see a hugfest.

I know the casuals want to see the stand and bang dudes but Im a huge fan of grapplers. Guys like Neiman, Durinho, Khabib, etc. those guys who consistently look to improve position, punish you with gnp, or threaten submissions. These guys, however, are the epitome of boring AF grapplers. Nobody wants to see a hugfest.

Yeah, I like there to be at least some intent to finish. Can't stand dudes who restrain people like they're a security guard.

Yeah, I like there to be at least some intent to finish. Can't stand dudes who restrain people like they're a security guard.
Roberto Souza and Kleber are some of my grapplers for that reason. Granted they face lesser competition fighting in Japan, but they are relentless on the submissions and both last beat legit competition (Mikuru and Tofiq)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back