Tech PEB's Motion Simulator thread (for Racing Games and Flight Simulation)

"
(CNN)A year after it was destroyed during the Russian invasion of Ukraine, the Antonov AN-225 -- the world's biggest commercial plane -- has taken flight once again in the Microsoft Flight Simulator program.

The game has already resurrected lots of historical aircraft in its virtual skies, but this one's a little special. All proceeds from the $19.99 add-on go toward the Antonov Company's real-life efforts to reconstruct the mighty beast known as "Mriya" (Ukrainian for "dream").

The massive six-engine craft -- some 275 feet, 7 inches in length -- was built in the 1980s to carry the Soviet space shuttle and was the only one of its kind ever completed."

full

This is a photo of my actuator an platform design. But this is mostly about my new Dolby ATMOS receiver an soon to be finished 7 speaker setup on my simulation. This also shows my 1500 watt amp for my buttkicker. Background a 65 inch 120hz Samsung monitor.

Last edited:
Another update running Dolby ATMOS setup and the buttKicker creating pretty substantial shockwaves on the frame and pretty amazing effect. My S23 had to adjust for the vibrations being sent from the floor caused by the Buttkicker.

Last edited:
Man! Your sim-shed has come a long way! It's awesome!

Here's Linus' tour around one!

Reactions: PEB
Man! Your sim-shed has come a long way! It's awesome!

Here's Linus' tour around one!

Thank you been a lot of work but coming along. Yeah seen Linus video his setup cost 25 grand the actuators alone where 10,000 dollars or more. D-Box actuators only allow for 50mm of articulation and cannot lift over 250 lbs mine allows for 150 mm of articulation and over 550 lbs.

This is my effort at making a 3D model of my full simulator.

full

Update for my motion simulator design with my parts.

full

full

Making progress on my motion simulator design using a Recaro racing bucket design that I downloaded to save time everything else is my design. Still have a lot left to do in the design department an moving elements already designed over.

Making progress on my 3D design of my motion simulator. Just a quick update of my work.

full

My side project Mr Piggy is a big hit at my nieces stable.

Obviously not simulator related but fun side project a horse jump.

full

Been building my simulator in the virtual world for trying some new concepts. Such as traction loss, G force simulation an computer placement.

full

Added color to my motion simulator model have a few things to fix and finish. Working with material colors still working on it.

full

Last edited:
@PEB I love how this thread and the VR one are basically your personal blogs lol. I enjoy the posts, lets me see what's possible/around the corner.

I loved my time in VR and my little racing/flying set up. Once VR gets to bit of a better place, I plan on making a dedicated cockpit to serve racing and flying sims.

@PEB I love how this thread and the VR one are basically your personal blogs lol. I enjoy the posts, lets me see what's possible/around the corner.

I loved my time in VR and my little racing/flying set up. Once VR gets to bit of a better place, I plan on making a dedicated cockpit to serve racing and flying sims.
I do this with the EV stuff too I get people who just check the thread but don't post on it as much as I would have thought. It seems some don't think it is an affordable thing but many people are getting into VR and some have gotten a belt drive wheel or force feedback wheel. I really believe motion will gain acceptance as the price of hardware comes downward. I have other locations I post and I know some at times have asked me so having a running thread I give people plenty of ideas. My earlier stuff was like me trying to make it work now it is about getting to production level.

Simulator project is now on the floor and I have started working on the simulator motor drivers and hardware.

full

Back