Media Petr Yan: "Chito Got Title Shot Because O'Malley Doesn't Believe He Can Beat Other Contenders."

Yan's a whiney bitch. He lost a close fight to Suga and just needs to accept it and move on.

And the UFC also wanted Chito to fight for the belt against Suga. It's a big storyline with them and they know if Chito had to fight someone else ahead of them, then he likely would have lost and they'd never get to do the Suga/Chito thing at all.

It seems like a dumb thing to say by Yan. I mean, this is Suga's first title defense. If he beats Chito he's either going to have to fight someone who is a real contender or vacate the belt lol. The UFC aren't going to let him try and fight someone easier in the rankings like Font, Bautista, or Martinez. Maybe if Henry makes enough noise that could happen, but pretty unlikely with Henry just coming off a loss. It'll be Merab, Cory, Umar, Figgy, or Yan next.

Post the 10 seconds after where Yan rocks him even harder and takes him down. This GIF is from a round where Yan clearly won.
Here's 10 seconds before, if you want a gif of 10 seconds after, you'll need to post it

gEulspl.gif

Yan - "I’m seriously in the mood to get back for the title race."

Yan has lost 3 in a row and 4 of his past 5. He should be more concerned with staying on the roster.
this type of post demonstrates how common it is for people to look at records without watching the fights. there’s a reason people considered him the uncrowned champ until he fought merab.

Reactions: CPH
Yan - "I’m seriously in the mood to get back for the title race."

Yan has lost 3 in a row and 4 of his past 5. He should be more concerned with staying on the roster.
You think they'd cut a top 5 guy for losing "robbery of the year" against the current champ after winning on 26 our of 27 media scorecards, and a DQ and SD in title fights against the previous champ? He hasn't lost to anybody ranked lower than him, but has beaten the next guy ahead of him in the rankings.

You think they'd cut a top 5 guy for losing "robbery of the year" against the current champ after winning on 26 our of 27 media scorecards, and a DQ and SD in title fights against the previous champ? He hasn't lost to anybody ranked lower than him, but has beaten the next guy ahead of him in the rankings.
Sterling 1, Sean, and Merab were all lower ranked than him when he lost to them

Last edited:
Here's 10 seconds before, if you want a gif of 10 seconds after, you'll need to post it

gEulspl.gif
It is funny how every person who thinks Sean won posts this same sequence as an argument why he won the fight while leaving out the fact that Yan also rocked him pretty hard and took him down and controlled him on the ground in the same round.

Sterling and Sean sure as fuck were lower than him when he lost to them
Sterling was champ, and Sean is currently the champ. You think they'd cut him for losing split decisions to guys who are champ and #2?

You get PPV points when you’re the champ. I’d want to stretch that out as long as possible as well.

It is funny how every person who thinks Sean won posts this same sequence as an argument why he won the fight while leaving out the fact that Yan also rocked him pretty hard and took him down and controlled him on the ground in the same round.
No we know.

We just also know that the takedown's the reason that's the only round Yan won and thus only lost 29-28 instead of 30-27.

Hope this helps you out for future scoring purposes as damage > control.

You get PPV points when you’re the champ. I’d want to stretch that out as long as possible as well.
Sean's stretching it out as long as possible by fighting the only guy who's ever beaten him?

No we know.

We just also know that the takedown's the reason that's the only round Yan won and thus only lost 29-28 instead of 30-27.

Hope this helps you out for future scoring purposes as damage > control.
What damage did O'Malley do in the first round? He had 4 more sig. strikes but was taken down and controlled for total of 1 minute.

No, he got the fight because its the biggest fight in the division rn, and its a revenge match for his only loss. He already said he will fight Merab after, and has his eyes on Topuria. And he already fought Yan, and won, however controversially.

Biggest fight? It wouldn't be bigger than if O'Malley fought any one else.

I mean O'Malley did pick him because he thinks he can beat him. Chito doesn't deserve a title shot. It's rather obvious by the fact that he lost to another contender who is on a win streak recently.

Yan crying and salty as usual. Sean beat him, just get over it and cut the gift BS. Sean won a close fight and that’s all there’s to it.

And Vera got the fight cause he’s the last guy to beat Sean and it’s a good fight to make

Biggest fight? It wouldn't be bigger than if O'Malley fought any one else.

I mean O'Malley did pick him because he thinks he can beat him. Chito doesn't deserve a title shot. It's rather obvious by the fact that he lost to another contender who is on a win streak recently.

Chito is a much bigger draw than Merab. Yes, Chito shouldn't be getting the shot, but to say O'Malley picked Chito because he knows he cannot beat other contenders is stupid.

Back