Phil Mickelson / PGA / Saudi Tour

You are an independent contractor in that business. If you are a nobody there is no MLB NFL or NBA players union to make sure there is a minimum salary. It was more then 10 years ago but I met a golf player just starting out and it seemed like a rough life driving in his car from tournament to tournament .

Funny how the outrage toward the Saudis but yet we ignore other countries in bed manufacturing shoes for golfers etc. Here we are watching the presidents past and present maintaining close relationships with the regime.

Looks like brooks is going. Checks out. All the usual suspects have defected. Not surprised.

Why people getting so outraged over this? Saudis/arabs have a lot of money and a lot of sports are taking it. Why should golfers be held to a different standard. Isn' t the AJ/usyk fight in jeddah?

The PGA Tour just spent weeks shitting on limited field/no cut events with massive purses. Today, they announced they are rolling out their own series of limited field/no cut events with massive purses. Not a good look.

I thought it wasn't about the money. Where did this money come from? This is just a re-confirmation for all of the PGA Tour players and defectors that knew they were being underpaid for years. So, if LIV never came around the PGA were going to hold well over 9 figures for themselves in perpetuity. Downright insulting.

Looks like Phil was right all along when he said he was going to use LIV to force the PGA Tour to make changes so the players could be paid more.

Why people getting so outraged over this? Saudis/arabs have a lot of money and a lot of sports are taking it. Why should golfers be held to a different standard. Isn' t the AJ/usyk fight in jeddah?
Not a single person that is speaking out against LIV gives a fuck about "atrocities in Saudi Arabia". They are just saying what they are told to say.

The media members care way more about toeing the line to push the PGA narrative so they can continue to be little fanboys while getting access and interviews rather than gay people being killed or women's rights in Saudi Arabia. These people are in the entertainment industry for fuck's sake. They need to get over themselves.

Saudi scumbags have unlimited money they are a country funding this tour

The PGA is a non profit association even if they wanted to pay more, they can never compete with murderous fucks

The PGA is a non profit association even if they wanted to pay more, they can never compete with murderous fucks

Lmao wlu as a degenerate gambler you’d be the first person to hop on a Saudi backed Shitdog/fantasy league. No doubt in my mind.

Lmao wlu as a degenerate gambler you’d be the first person to hop on a Saudi backed Shitdog/fantasy league. No doubt in my mind.
Nope

I'm also boycotting the dive grass world cup in qatar

"non-profit" association.... sure on paper it is one. But in reality they can afford to pay out more for their players.... way more...

"non-profit" association.... sure on paper it is one. But in reality they can afford to pay out more for their players.... way more...
they probably can, but they are still audited so it's not like they are embezzling it

even if they put 100% to the players, they couldn't compete with the saudi unlimited funds

From a viewing standpoint it was unwatchable. I watch golf to relax and enjoy the game. It was like watching on crack while the scoreboard was like F1 AKA for people with ADHD. Will not watch again.

I'm still bitter that Sky / BT and all the English pundits that knew their jobs were at risk, managed to convince the British public that the Super League was a bad idea for football. Sheep.

Money has pretty much ruined all sports. Give me mixed martial artists fighting for modest money to feed themselves and their families everyday of the week.

The PGA Tour is "non-profit" the same way one of their main sponsors Rolex is a "non-profit". It's easy to be confused by that designation sometimes but they are 100% in the business of making money.

Haven't seen a thread on this. I'm not going to rehash it here you either know about it or don't care about it. Thoughts?

I think Phil's on one of those mystery suspensions. Be interesting to see if he shows for the PGA and/or Masters

Gambling problem maybe? Can make a case for this with his decision to go for the money and join the exhibition tour. He has money problems. But his doesn't explain the other stars joining that tour like Brooks Kopka.

BTW I have been having some booty calls with a lady that went out with Phil when they were in high school.

Gambling problem maybe? Can make a case for this with his decision to go for the money and join the exhibition tour. He has money problems. But his doesn't explain the other stars joining that tour like Brooks Kopka.

BTW I have been having some booty calls with a lady that went out with Phil when they were in high school.

You can't just throw that out with no pics. High School Year Book pics of both of them would be epic!

Because it's basically anti-competition and breaks apart the best players. The LIV circuit is shotgun, team, 3 day format without a cut and everyone is on contract - so it's also bullshit if they're allowed to remain in the OWGR which is effectively what enables people to compete in the majors.

None of this is reality. If the Saudis came in and spent 30 billion to break up American football, people would lose their fucking minds. People are just being deluded and mindlessly cheer on others making dream money for doing nothing more than being frontmen.

No - I think it's all just about money and playing less... honestly, the PGA already pays out a significant chunk of it's total revenue. They can't really fight the Saudis with money... so when Phil talks about how this could be leverage to force the PGA to change, he's basically fooling people and being a liar.

Because it's basically anti-competition and breaks apart the best players. The LIV circuit is shotgun, team, 3 day format without a cut and everyone is on contract - so it's also bullshit if they're allowed to remain in the OWGR which is effectively what enables people to compete in the majors.

None of this is reality. If the Saudis came in and spent 30 billion to break up American football, people would lose their fucking minds. People are just being deluded and mindlessly cheer on others making dream money for doing nothing more than being frontmen.
Good points, it does rob us of good golf especially with Brooks and DJ leaving.

Back