Poatan might retire Jamahal Hill this Saturday.

I didn’t care for this fight, but now I’m kinda liking the intangibles more. I think Hill’s got a better shot than most are giving him.

Someone is getting "rag dolled" thats all I know.

If he does its because he shatters Hills leg because Hill shouldn't be fighting not because Alex is anything special.

Hill is one of the few top fighters that has only been doing MMA for a few years. Lol, silly thread, silly talk.

Sherdog needs it's own purge.

I still remember when some can swore up and down Jimmy Crute would destroy Hill and the UFC was feeding Hill to Crute.

I injured the achilles tendon on my right leg a few years back. A swinging metal gate hit me from behind above the heel. It hurt like a mf. The tendon didn’t break, but I went to see a professional and there were microfractures or whatever you call them. I was limping for three months and had lingering pain for a year after. I can only imagine what a proper rupture would feel like. Getting kicked anywhere below the knee would have instantly crumpled me. Now, obviously, Hill has access to good care and is a professional athlete, but if that leg is not 100% sound, I would not want to be in his shoes. Hoping he really is in top shape because the main fight cut short due to injury would ruin the event.

I ruptured my achilles tendon, playing intermural basketball no less.

It was mostly painless but it took me 18 months to play softball/tennis without active concern for it to be reinjured.

Of course, I was a college student and didn't rehab like a professional athlete... and this was 2007, not 2023.

I ruptured my achilles tendon, playing intermural basketball no less.

It was mostly painless but it took me 18 months to play softball/tennis without active concern for it to be reinjured.

Of course, I was a college student and didn't rehab like a professional athlete... and this was 2007, not 2023.
I guess age plays a big role as well. I was 42 when it happened to me.

Btw, calf kicks are not 'achilles' kicks or whatever. Its a different part of your leg. My concern for Hill is not having enough movement/flexibility/explosiveness due to the injury + ring rust. I wont be surprised if he tries a counter overhand, hits air and is droped by a left hook.

Alex is old. I'm hoping the opposite doesnt happen

Hard call.

Age gets everyone and Alex is getting older and has TONS of mileage. He can't last forever.

This fight has the inevitable outcome feel that always comes before a mad upset. Expect Hill by 1st round Rolling Thunder

May Poatan bless your bum soul this weekend

Just remember, your idol Hill's last 4 wins are all off guys coming off of losses. Hill only got a title shot because he was 4th in line to get a title shot, and happenstance made that occur. Alex actually earned a title shot by beating Jan. Who is a known good striker, beat izzy both striking and grappling and also just had a draw in a title fight the fight before losing to Alex. Jan was the legit LHW test and Alex past it. you can't say Hill has been tested. If one of the 2 of Alex and Hill are over hyped and overrated, It's Hill. Not Alex.
I am not putting money on Hill.....I think Poatan merks him. It's just this is the gazillionth thread saying Hill gets flatlined.

I am not putting money on Hill.....I think Poatan merks him. It's just this is the gazillionth thread saying Hill gets flatlined.
I've seen Plenty of people and threads saying that Poatan should have ducked this fight for izzy or another fight and that he's going to get ko'd on the feet if he stand. I Hear it Quite a bit. I do not feel as if sherdog is any futher than 60-40 on this one.

Seems all of you don't know Hill actually got his Achilles extended he will have more explosive power than ever before. War both hill is a decent lad and poatan is basically one of us almost.

Back