Post Your Gloves/Gear

oooo

How do you like the 1v1 gloves?
I love them. They are the first pair of 1v1 gloves I’ve owned, but they are really nice, and I always like to support a company that makes their products in the USA. These are 12 ounce horsehair bag gloves, but unlike a lot of horsehair gloves, they are really dense and offer very good hand protection. They give you great feedback too. I just got them so I can’t say much yet regarding their durability but they are definitely well made. I bought them from www.boxupnation.com; here is the link if you want to read more about them. I think this particular model is sold out now but there are other 1v1 gloves available on there.

https://boxupnation.com/collections...r-velcro-boxing-gloves?variant=39365511217285

I love them. They are the first pair of 1v1 gloves I’ve owned, but they are really nice, and I always like to support a company that makes their products in the USA. These are 12 ounce horsehair bag gloves, but unlike a lot of horsehair gloves, they are really dense and offer very good hand protection. They give you great feedback too. I just got them so I can’t say much yet regarding their durability but they are definitely well made. I bought them from www.boxupnation.com; here is the link if you want to read more about them. I think this particular model is sold out now but there are other 1v1 gloves available on there.

https://boxupnation.com/collections...r-velcro-boxing-gloves?variant=39365511217285
What do you think of the Fly gloves? A few people at my gym have Fly gloves (the X ones) and so I've tried them for a few rounds, I thought the fit was really great but I didn't like the feel of the padding for bagwork. But I've not seen anyone else express this same feeling as me

Also, how do you rate the GIL gloves and how are they relative to New Sporting gloves and your Necalil? Do you think New Sporting is just the same as slightly older Grant training gloves?

What do you think of the Fly gloves? A few people at my gym have Fly gloves (the X ones) and so I've tried them for a few rounds, I thought the fit was really great but I didn't like the feel of the padding for bagwork. But I've not seen anyone else express this same feeling as me
I have tried the X series too and wasn’t crazy about them. The X series uses synthetic leather (which I definitely don’t have anything against) and are made in China, whereas the regular Fly gloves are made in the UK with real leather and higher quality craftsmanship. The ones in this photo are the 14 oz Superlace gloves. I really like them, but I’d say I prefer the 1v1s over the Flys when it comes to bag work. If you are going to get Fly gloves and can afford it, I’d recommend going ahead and spending the extra money to get the UK made Fly gloves over the X series. I feel like the X series aren’t really much better than typical higher end Pakistani made gloves. I may eventually get some 16 or 18 ounce Fly Superlaces for sparring, but I can’t afford to spend that much on more gloves at the moment.

Also, how do you rate the GIL gloves and how are they relative to New Sporting gloves and your Necalil? Do you think New Sporting is just the same as slightly older Grant training gloves?
I rate GIL really high...# 1 for bagwork. I’d say the New Sportings are my favorite for sparring (followed by Casanova in close second), and Grants are my favorite fight gloves. I like the Reyes for their overall versatility. I’ve never sparred with GIL gloves; some people say they are too stiff for sparring but I think they are fine once broken in. But GIL and 1V1 are definitely my favorites for the bag.

Forgot to answer your last question...yes New Sporting feels basically identical to Grant training gloves from a few years ago. I haven’t used any of the newer Grant training gloves, so I can’t comment on those.

Forgot to answer your last question...yes New Sporting feels basically identical to Grant training gloves from a few years ago. I haven’t used any of the newer Grant training gloves, so I can’t comment on those.
NS gloves are really good gloves and I do rate them I'd just avoid getting them direct and get the quality inspected or purchased by a 3rd party. They are too unreliable in regards to quality and try to hide defects which it to late once you get them.

8e6f58ae-787c-44fb-82ad-fc0c5dbca07c-jpeg.855512

I have that same... shelf.

How do like the superares vs the Onx?

I have that same... shelf.

How do like the superares vs the Onx?
The Onx are definitely better even the apex glove that’s around the same price or even cheaper. The craftsmanship is a lot better and feels better on the bags. For sparring both would be pretty good but the Onx glove would give you more protection.

The Onx are definitely better even the apex glove that’s around the same price or even cheaper. The craftsmanship is a lot better and feels better on the bags. For sparring both would be pretty good but the Onx glove would give you more protection.
Coul you tell more about Superare facebar? What fabric is used inside, how's the visibility and general fit?

Is this site legit? American ya seems to be down (anyone know when it'll be back up)

And I googled rakuten and found this, its much cheaper, is it real?
https://www.fromjapan.co.jp/en/spec...san-budougu:10009424/2_1/lgk-browsing_history
Don't know, it is very cheap. Fromjapan.co.jp in general is a legitimate website.

Bear in mind it says 3-8 months delivery, and you will have to pay shipping costs and possibly import tax like on anything you get from Japan. But anyway, that's very cheap for 16oz Winning.

edit: Or is it cheap? What are the prices like normally from America Ya? I may just be comparing these prices in my head to Kozuji which could be significantly more expensive for all I know

Last edited:
Don't know, it is very cheap. Fromjapan.co.jp in general is a legitimate website.

Bear in mind it says 3-8 months delivery, and you will have to pay shipping costs and possibly import tax like on anything you get from Japan. But anyway, that's very cheap for 16oz Winning.

edit: Or is it cheap? What are the prices like normally from America Ya? I may just be comparing these prices in my head to Kozuji which could be significantly more expensive for all I know
7- 8 months? God damn didnt see that

Wonder if there's anything cheap on there for a more reasonable price

I did a calculate shipping thing and is said about 30 bucks

This is some of my latest home gym set up I've added to display my boxing gloves. The Gil and Casanova headgear aren't really mine, just some new items I decided to have there to look better.

As you may see, I'm mainly representing Mexico with all these brands. But I must say those Adispeed I have really loved them for Sparring lately, for bag I definitely prefer my Mexican gloves. My latest acquisition to my collection are those NBNL Canelo Alvarez Edition, which I love their look.

Gil were my first Mexican gloves I discovered, I use this brand only for about 2 years. Loved the gloves. Then I switched to Lopez, where I discovered they are almost identical within each other. Gil may just have better quality in small aesthetic details.

Classics, Gil, Lopez and Zepol are 4 brands that produce gloves under same glove design and mold, as they are all somehow family related, and they all learned from the same school. However, after experienced Classics in the last year, these definitely became my preferred brand above Gil and Lopez. Main difference I found on Classics, is their latex quality/ density, I tend to like it more, note Gil and Lopez latex padding may be thicker though. As Gil and Lopez, I tend to feel like a small bouncing in their padding when punching too hard with them - not with Classics.

Campeon and Casanova gloves, many people loves them. Not me, as they tend to have wide knuckle pocket. I am medium hand size, and my knuckles tend to fly around when wearing these gloves. But these 2 brands, tend to have very good wrist support, better than most other Mexicans.

Hernandez Champs gloves... meh. Good looking modern gloves, I didn't liked its padding, feeling, and hand position fitted uncomfortable.

Boxeo, good gloves. I just don't love their look. They have an old school and "not so modern" look. What make these unique, is they are made of Goat leather. You don't find many gloves using Goat leather lately. Their fit is very snug, one of snuggest gloves fit.

New Sporting, are just my favorite all around gloves. These are top quality gloves to me, unless any quality issue you may cross over with.

No Boxing No Life are new. Have just trained once with them, and note these are supposed to be Fight Gloves, filled with Horse Hair and a Latex layer. It's my first time I'm using any type of Fight glove, so not really have much experience with these type of gloves yet. However, I'm in love with these gloves just from how they look and feel, just wearing these gloves makes me feel spiritually connected to Canelo - Ha... still much to learn and explore about Fight gloves.

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-24 at 16.07.59.jpeg

Hey guys
I got these spare new No Boxing No Life Canelo Edition Fight gloves 10 oz (actually weighting 11 oz), if anyone may be interested in these, looking to sell these. Send me a private message and can speak of it.

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-24 at 16.44.37 (1).jpeg

I’ve added some more gloves to my collection since I last posted a photo, so here is my current collection. I know some of these are kind of hard to make out, so just let me know if you have any questions about what they all are.

View attachment 856115
Wine Necali are beautiful. Been wanting some wine/burgundy gloves myself for awhile now.

Back