Post Your Gloves/Gear

Well, go on, tell us your impressions lol
well compared to my fly X line that i got 8 months ago they're significantly more dense and stiff, the padding is harder. The back of the hand is harder, the palm is harder. everythings hard. Which may just be me needing to break them in, but i'm not sure. Just over today with no use (because we just went into quarintine) just opening and closing my hand they've become much less stiff but still, i dont recall my x's
being this stiff when they first arrived. I'm concerned that its not just them breaking in, but that they've changed the entire design to make it more stiff, as i've heard reports of that with the X line. Ima be pretty pissed if this is the case cause the whole reason i bought the gloves because of the soft padding.
Even the, idk what to call it, the part where above the tip of my fingers where it bends, lower then the grip bar, feels much harder then my fly x's, to the point of being uncomfortable as times, im hoping maybe it just needs to be broken in for that too but it seems less and less likely.

Also maybe its just use, but the lining feels slightly less silky and just a smidge less nice.

Now the reasons i think maybe the design has changed, the difference between the x and the premium is apparently just suppose to be the leather vs synthetic. Well my premiums are significantly longer, and no where near as, idk the word cause im dumb, not wide, not long, not diagnal, but much thinner in the other way, like going downwards, also the grip bar is significantly thinner, ill post pics if anyone wants to see. Also the finger compartment i feel is a bit shorter, which i do like.

There are also about 5, what i beleive are scuff marks which is incredibly dissapointing considering these cost 460 usd, some are minor, but some are more noticable.

The left glove weights 16.15 oz

the right weights 15.57 oz

the leather is beautiful, the gloves look amazing. Initially i was dissapointed cause the blue was extremely different to what i was expecting. I was hoping for a blue exactly like in the pictures, but in real life its more like a deep navy. But ive quite grown to like it. Wearing the gloves and looking in the mirror it does look truly nice. These are my first pair of leather gloves so i didn't expect a smell.

keep in mind i have not used the gloves yet on anything as here we just went back in quarintine. Overall right this second apart from looks, i like my fly X gloves significantly more then my premium gloves and i truly hope that changes cause im going to be incredibly dissapointed if i just wasted all that money

well compared to my fly X line that i got 8 months ago they're significantly more dense and stiff, the padding is harder. The back of the hand is harder, the palm is harder. everythings hard. Which may just be me needing to break them in, but i'm not sure. Just over today with no use (because we just went into quarintine) just opening and closing my hand they've become much less stiff but still, i dont recall my x's
being this stiff when they first arrived. I'm concerned that its not just them breaking in, but that they've changed the entire design to make it more stiff, as i've heard reports of that with the X line. Ima be pretty pissed if this is the case cause the whole reason i bought the gloves because of the soft padding.
Even the, idk what to call it, the part where above the tip of my fingers where it bends, lower then the grip bar, feels much harder then my fly x's, to the point of being uncomfortable as times, im hoping maybe it just needs to be broken in for that too but it seems less and less likely.

Also maybe its just use, but the lining feels slightly less silky and just a smidge less nice.

Now the reasons i think maybe the design has changed, the difference between the x and the premium is apparently just suppose to be the leather vs synthetic. Well my premiums are significantly longer, and no where near as, idk the word cause im dumb, not wide, not long, not diagnal, but much thinner in the other way, like going downwards, also the grip bar is significantly thinner, ill post pics if anyone wants to see. Also the finger compartment i feel is a bit shorter, which i do like.

There are also about 5, what i beleive are scuff marks which is incredibly dissapointing considering these cost 460 usd, some are minor, but some are more noticable.

the leather is beautiful, the gloves look amazing. Initially i was dissapointed cause the blue was extremely different to what i was expecting. I was hoping for a blue exactly like in the pictures, but in real life its more like a deep navy. But ive quite grown to like it. Wearing the gloves and looking in the mirror it does look truly nice. These are my first pair of leather gloves so i didn't expect a smell.

keep in mind i have not used the gloves yet on anything as here we just went back in quarintine. Overall right this second apart from looks, i like my fly X gloves significantly more then my premium gloves and i truly hope that changes cause im going to be incredibly dissapointed if i just wasted all that money

RE: wasting money, why don't you take images of the scuff marks and maybe the issues you think there are, and contact the retailer and get a return or a replacement with a softer pair?

RE: wasting money, why don't you take images of the scuff marks and maybe the issues you think there are, and contact the retailer and get a return or a replacement with a softer pair?
Well they're customs they cannot be returned, but good news, i think the scuff marks are just left over glue and it was just my bad vision, the downside is i don't know how to safely clean the glue off as i've never had a leather, anything before.

The gloves are breaking in fairly fast considering i havent even actually used them on anything yet. I just hope they do soften up a lot.

My opinions on the gloves are quickly improving though

I used these for the first time today, very nice gloves. Thumb is a bit short for me but hopefully they might break in:
1barricboxing.jpg

Omg that box jajaja. Beautiful gloves bro, how are they holding up? I'm waiting on a pair of 16oz lace ups myself.

Hey man, just curious, when have you ordered these?
Interesting to hear how long will they take to produce and how it all goes with your order.

Oddly I find I'm disappointed in most gloves when I open them. There's always something I wished for to be a bit different, but most grow on me after I use them for a bit, especially the quality ones.

Oddly I find I'm disappointed in most gloves when I open them. There's always something I wished for to be a bit different, but most grow on me after I use them for a bit, especially the quality ones.
Honestly yeah im thinking that's what im experiencing cause im liking it more and more every day even though I havent been able to use it yet

But im thinking im experiencing the same thing

So got my gloves in today. Really wanted to like them, but there were two large errors. First off I ordered laced and received velcro and secondly the left palm is more open than the right, making it harder to make a fist with the left glove.

IMG-20210610-143120.jpg

IMG-20210610-143130.jpg

IMG-20210610-143137.jpg

Got these for the bag, I'm currently using some BGV-9's, but honestly I don't see the hype. It hurts my fingers to punch in those gloves, I never feel like I connect with the knuckles (for reference I previously used some Ringsides that didn't have this issue). After trying these on I can immediately feel the difference in the gloves. I really want to like them, especially for this reason, but I think the lace up and palm thing are two huge oversights. I've since reached out to NS to see what they can do about it.

S/O to @Edgar Martinez for facilitating the whole process and for being professional with me the entire way. If you guys want to avoid these types of headaches I really recommend you buy through him directly as he'll do an initial inspection of the gloves he sells through his site.

Edit:

I feel like I'm always here to just vent and inquire, so in the spirit of the thread, here's my collection:

IMG-20210610-154612.jpg

Last edited:
So got my gloves in today. Really wanted to like them, but there were two large errors. First off I ordered laced and received velcro and secondly the left palm is more open than the right, making it harder to make a fist with the left glove.

IMG-20210610-143120.jpg

IMG-20210610-143130.jpg

IMG-20210610-143137.jpg

Got these for the bag, I'm currently using some BGV-9's, but honestly I don't see the hype. It hurts my fingers to punch in those gloves, I never feel like I connect with the knuckles (for reference I previously used some Ringsides that didn't have this issue). After trying these on I can immediately feel the difference in the gloves. I really want to like them, especially for this reason, but I think the lace up and palm thing are two huge oversights. I've since reached out to NS to see what they can do about it.

S/O to @Edgar Martinez for facilitating the whole process and for being professional with me the entire way. If you guys want to avoid these types of headaches I really recommend you buy through him directly as he'll do an initial inspection of the gloves he sells through his site.

Edit:

I feel like I'm always here to just vent and inquire, so in the spirit of the thread, here's my collection:

IMG-20210610-154612.jpg
That's too bad about those issues, buying through someone like Edgar or Juan or someone else in Mexico does definitely seem your best bet when buying from New Sporting like you say

I don't know if Golden Gear is still in business, but they were pretty cool for the price

That's too bad about those issues, buying through someone like Edgar or Juan or someone else in Mexico does definitely seem your best bet when buying from New Sporting like you say

I don't know if Golden Gear is still in business, but they were pretty cool for the price
Definitely, it was just rebranded Fairtex. Yeah, not in business anymore. Pretty sure Danny went to college. Hope he still trains. Don't remember too well but I'm almost certain I got those BVG-9's for under $40 USD. Can't beat that deal for real leather even though they've always hurt my fingers.

And yeah man, can't advocate for @Edgar Martinez enough, it's not even his business and he's doing his part to make sure NS does what's right. Really good guy.

Last edited:
Definitely, it was just rebranded Fairtex. Yeah, not in business anymore. Pretty sure Danny went to college. Hope he still trains. Don't remember too well but I'm almost certain I got those BVG-9's for under $40 USD. Can't beat that deal for real leather even though they've always hurt my fingers.

And yeah man, can't advocate for @Edgar Martinez enough, it's not even his business and he's doing his part to make sure NS does what's right. Really good guy.
Are your fingers too long for them? I'd forgotten that about Golden Gear being rebranded Fairtex

Are your fingers too long for them? I'd forgotten that about Golden Gear being rebranded Fairtex
Possibly, I didn't think so, I don't have long skinny fingers. I'd have to measure.
IMG-20210610-165858.jpg

20 1/2 cm from wrist to tip of middle finger

Possibly, I didn't think so, I don't have long skinny fingers. I'd have to measure.
IMG-20210610-165858.jpg

20 1/2 cm from wrist to tip of middle finger
Ah okay. 20.5cm hand length is quite long. I just wondered because for me with 16oz Fairtex BGL7 gloves, which I think are their laceup version of the BGV9, my hand was too long for them and the fist position ends up like " > " at the end of the glove rather than " ) " if that makes sense, so that I'd be landing on my middle knuckles (I mean the ones on the middle of your fingers) and hurting my fingers rather than landing on my main knuckles. But I get that in probably most gloves.

Ah okay. 20.5cm hand length is quite long. I just wondered because for me with 16oz Fairtex BGL7 gloves, which I think are their laceup version of the BGV9, my hand was too long for them and the fist position ends up like " > " at the end of the glove rather than " ) " if that makes sense, so that I'd be landing on my middle knuckles (I mean the ones on the middle of your fingers) and hurting my fingers rather than landing on my main knuckles. But I get that in probably most gloves.
That's exactly what's happening with me brother, any recommendations? You think I'm better off just going custom before I hurt myself? Been training a lot more during quarantine. The right NS glove doesn't seem to have that problem, the left is hard to close so it kind of does. Could change as they break in, but I'm awaiting NS response before I start using them.

Last edited:
Back