• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Prime Fedor would’ve been UFC champ with 10+ defenses

Prime Fedor would get knocked out in the first round by Derek Lewis
<LikeReally5>

Fedor has a damn good chance of beating Lewis if they fight happened right now. Prime Fedor would annihilate him. Give me a break.

Another Fedor cock gobbling thread from @TheSpider

we get it he was the best heavyweight in the world for a few years, we don’t need you to remind us every day ffs

giphy.gif

Remember, Fedor haters are not actually MMA fans- they are desperate UFC fangirls.

If you are not a fan of Fedor, you are not a fan of MMA.
It is really that simple.

Never poped for roids.
Never talked shit.
Always professional and friendly.
Always brought it in a fight.

I literally don't give two fucks about a "Fedor critic's" opinion, as they have shown that they are braindead by definition.

2003-2007 - I think he would beat about anyone.

2007+ I don't know if he would've beat Randy, Brock, Cain, Carwin, or JDS. Everyone else, he beats or had already beaten - Cro Cop, Nog, Herring, etc. Guys like Gonzaga, Kongo, Rothwell - they wouldn't have stood a chance.

True, but Tim Sylvia has a bunch of uff title defenses. Who really cares anymore.

I can see that happening at the time. Cain ownards not really. I dont see him having 10 straight if he had to fight Stipe, Cain, JDS, Werdum, Ubereem, Francis, DC, over the last 10 years.

Why are there so many “prime fedor woulda threads” the last few days?

Well, of course.
If Pride never existed, he would have come to the UFC around 2001, become champ in 2002, and then reigned for many years.

He would have fought guys like Sylvia, Arlovski, Mir, and Hunt....the elite HW of his time.

And some people are really stupid enough to keep saying Fedor ducked the UFC and didn’t fight the top guys!

It's almost like defences... are defences. Not random fights against whoever. It's one immensely qualified fighter attempting to beat you after the other until you fail to beat one. By your logic Jon would be at 14 defences. And he certainly has the far greater argument to go with that standard as his 14 fights have all actually been title fights, just sometimes he was winning the belt.

Not withstanding the fact that not every fight Fedor fought after winning the belt remotely even deserved to be a title fight (as opposed to presenting it as 18 wins over the best), Pride didn't like designating title fights for their champs because they didn't want them losing their belt. They'd rather they lose but can still be promoted as champ for another fight. Which proved well thought out as that's the same fuckery WAMMA pulled after Werdum tapped Fedor in 60 seconds. The fight had been promoted as a defence for Fedor and then when Fedor lost the belt wasn't given to Werdum, and just magically disappeared.

Pride wanted crocop to be HW champ over Fedor. So there's that.

Also, attaching the words title defense doesnt automatically make a win matter more or less, especially in MMA where theres no official ranking system to determine true #1 contenders. Did Whittaker vs Yoel 2 matter less because Yoel missed weight by half a pound making it a non title fight? Look at the wins individually and how much they mattered rather than just as "title defense" statistics.

It's very possible at that time the UFC heavyweight champ was Tim Sylvia which Fedor beat in 39 seconds, the roster had Randy Couture, Arlovski, Jeff Monson a young Frank Mir. So yes it is possible, at the time the Pride Heavyweight Roster was seen as much stronger than the UFC's.

It's very possible at that time the UFC heavyweight champ was Tim Sylvia which Fedor beat in 39 seconds, the roster had Randy Couture, Arlovski, Jeff Monson a young Frank Mir. So yes it is possible, at the time the Pride Heavyweight Roster was seen as much stronger than the UFC's.
But he also didn’t fight a lot of those top pride hw’s either. It’s tougher when you fight the most logical contender in every fight.

Fedor was amazing and he’d obviously be favorite against everyone. Just not sure he beats cro cop, nog, Sergei, Barnett, arlovski, randy, werdum, ubereem, etc all in succession. We’ll never know.

You mean he would have owned the timmeh Mir and AA era? I don’t believe you

theres like 5 - 7more hw fighters who have better quality wins than him lmfao... cain and jds would brutaly damage him if he didnt duck the ufc.. hell even kongo and shane carwin would beat him back then..

Back