Proof that Rocky Marcianos best rivals were stronger than Mike Tysons

So you are totally dismissing that weight divisions exist for a reason? This isn't who is the best P4P this is who would win in a fight when they are competing in the same weight division. You can't compare small HW's of the past with today's behemoth HW's. Usyk was a CW arguably one of the best all time who is now competing at HW and people are questioning if he can handle the bigger HW's. But for some reason you think Marciano who was even smaller would handle it with no problems.

I have never stated whether Marciano could have beaten modern day HW. What I can say is that fighting people around his own weight, he had tougher opponents and a better record than Mike Tyson.

I have never stated whether Marciano could have beaten modern day HW. What I can say is that fighting people around his own weight, he had tougher opponents and a better record than Mike Tyson.
Well no because Tyson would have walked through all of Marciano's opponents much more easily so you can't say they were tougher opponents. A better record maybe but they would have had shit records as HW's today. So Tyson's opposition was better if you are comparing who would actually win in a fight.

Well no because Tyson would have walked through all of Marciano's opponents much more easily.

Tyson would have walked through Sugar Ray Leonards opponents more easily as well. You can't have it both ways. Either they belong in the same weight division or they don't.

Tyson would have walked through Sugar Ray Leonards opponents more easily as well. You can't have it both ways. Either they belong in the same weight division or they don't.
They don't belong in the same weight division! HW's back then were small. You are the one trying to compare old HW's with the modern era HW's! You can't have it both ways. If you want to compare then use the P4P comparison, that's what it's there for. Was Marciano a huge puncher for a 185lb man? Absolutely but he doesn't compare to a modern 250lb heavy weight. That's 65lbs difference! Be realistic.

They don't belong in the same weight division! HW's back then were small. You are the one trying to compare old HW's with the modern era HW's!

No, that's you doing that. I am saying that Marciano faced better fighters than Tyson, pound for pound, which some people dispute and have this perception that Marcianos era was shitty.

At least Marciano did good job and was known as a men without any shit talks and insults. This is rarity and really respectable character.
With more brains remainings than Ali after Zaire bout….. and he retired in comparison with Ali, who didn't understood what really happened with him in this bout. Both athletes after this bout were worse, this is assumed as outcome from heavy damages from blows in this bout. This is honourable that they both even survived this bout, but Ali …. after this wasn't previous Ali nor in boxing nor in conversations etc….
So Ali after this was better boxer than Tyson, Marciano, Nigel Benn in their prime?
No....
Marciano is honourable with understanding what is " prime years ower ", Ali with denial that his prime is ower.

Yup, Marciano for me looks more respecable than Ali. More realistic.
And Dempsey maybe had far better boxing skills than Ali in his prime. Just mobile, esay to jump, fast guy with big mouth. In lightweights this agility is daily casual thing.
Good Ali …… LOL.

No, that's you doing that. I am saying that Marciano faced better fighters than Tyson, pound for pound, which some people dispute and have this perception that Marcianos era was shitty.
LOL you are full of shit, you never stated P4P! You asked did Marciano have a tougher run, my answer is a categorical no because Tyson opponents would have beaten Marcianos opponents. Your thread title claims Marcianos best rivals were stronger than Tysons and my answer is no fucking way. If Tyson had of faced the same opponents that Marciano did he'd have walked through them.

LOL you are full of shit, you never stated P4P!

Why should I? Everybody knows that boxing has weight divisions. That said, LHWs have beaten HWs in the past - Roy Jones Jr vs John Ruiz was a bad beating.

Why should I? Everybody knows that boxing has weight divisions. That said, LHWs have beaten HWs in the past - Roy Jones Jr vs John Ruiz was a bad beating.
You are comparing the same weight division but many decades apart, not my issue that the average weight has got much higher. Yeah RJJ is probably the most talented boxer to ever lace up gloves and I'd pick him over Marciano too.

Rocky is of the few fighters that I have seen maul his opponent down. Not even KO him. The man was a beast. Watch Archie Moore collapse in the ring.

He is also the only fighter I've ever seen punch a guys lights out with one punch. Literally put him to sleep in the ring.

Every great fighter in history say they have what it takes to beat him, but they also added: he keeps on coming....

A good big man beats a good little man every time.
there is truth in this saying, but its a little vague and inaccurate.

“Good” not really being a definite level. There are levels of good, shades.

A lot of the guys little Mike Tyson beat were good fighters, but it is a combination of level of ability added to skill. All things equal skillwise, size will determine the winner, however, usually. Although, there are things like how the styles matchup, who got a better sleep, camp, injury free, etc.... not to mention there is luck in a sport where an inch left finds the button while an inch right is just a landed punch.

Anyways. Marciano was small, and unfortunately for these comparisons, fought like a big man - straight ahead, in the pocket, relying on chin and power, not a ton of combinations or footwork.

He is, in some ways, my favorite boxer ever, but Id want a more elusive small man to handle the very big, very ‘good’ heavies.

Rocky is of the few fighters that I have seen maul his opponent down. Not even KO him. The man was a beast. Watch Archie Moore collapse in the ring.

He is also the only fighter I've ever seen punch a guys lights out with one punch. Literally put him to sleep in the ring.

Every great fighter in history say they have what it takes to beat him, but they also added: he keeps on coming....
i JUST watched his first fight with Walcott. Is that the punch you mean?

I feel like other guys have been put right to sleep... like, by Wilder for example.

no?

So you are totally dismissing that weight divisions exist for a reason? This isn't who is the best P4P this is who would win in a fight when they are competing in the same weight division. You can't compare small HW's of the past with today's behemoth HW's. Usyk was a CW arguably one of the best all time who is now competing at HW and people are questioning if he can handle the bigger HW's. But for some reason you think Marciano who was even smaller would handle it with no problems. If we took 248lb Dillian Whyte who is a top 5 fighter at HW and put him in against the best LHW's of today what do you think would happen? It would be a fucking slaughter. Andre Ward who is probably the best LHW of all time would have do well to survive against Dillian Whyte. And I'd put a lot of money on Ward to beat Marciano pretty fucking easily.
if your willing to back warde over marciano i think your looney. also i think you should watch mathis vs frazier. are you aware that louis flattened quite a few guys that weighted 265 and could fight.

What's amazing is that punch was nothing special just by the mere look of it. He just packed it in somehow

This one. Never seen this happen to a fighter in the ring.

ya, thats round 13 vs Walcott. (Walcott was way ahead on the cards, btw)

i cant give you an example, but i am certain ive seen guys out cold before

Back