Recent fights/results/news from Kickboxers-MT fighters in Boxing

Wanheng Menayothin and Knockout CP Freshmart are still champions in a somewhat shallow weight class and it doesn't seem like they're going to fight each other at any point.
both under same promotional wing, that wont happen at all I dont think

Wanheng was supposed to make his US debut before corona. They're gonna market him as the boxer with a better record than mayweather lol.

Wanheng was supposed to make his US debut before corona. They're gonna market him as the boxer with a better record than mayweather lol.
well to be fair it is in terms of numbers, gonna be a hard sell though lol

Would probably get him some free publicity and piss off mayweather which is always a bonus.

Today, Amansio Paraschiv signed a deal with MTK Global, meaning he is now part of the same team as the likes of Tyson Fury, Billy Joe Saunders, Carl Frampton, Michael Conlan and many more names.

MTK-Global-7-1024x576.jpg

MTK Global is delighted to announce the signing of undefeated Romanian middleweight Amansio Paraschiv.

Paraschiv (2-0) will take on Scott James (6-6-1) on Sunday’s action-packed #MTKFightNight. Paraschiv replaces Jordan Reynolds in the fight, who has been forced to withdraw.

“I can’t wait for the fight this weekend. It’s short notice so it’s a higher weight than I normally fight at but I am ready to fight. I live to fight, there is nothing else I want to do. I want to win world titles in my career, and now I’m with MTK Global I know this will happen!”

The huge card takes place at Production Park Studios in Wakefield, live in the US on ESPN+ in association with Top Rank and worldwide on IFL TV.

Not related to Muay Thai, but Teofimo Lopez just beat Lomacheno yesterday.

Amansio Paraschiv has trained for the past weeks with the son of Nigel Benn, Conor Benn (16-0), who will defend his WBA Continental - Europe title next month.

ohStxhj.jpg

Any thoughts on Pereira moving up to take on Rico? Says he wants another belt and thinks he cam surprise Rico and take it. Would make him a 3 division champ.

Any thoughts on Pereira moving up to take on Rico? Says he wants another belt and thinks he cam surprise Rico and take it. Would make him a 3 division champ.
He is really not that good, and has unfinished business with Vakhitov. For the moment, we will have Verhoeven vs. Adegbuyi.

I wish he would fight Badr Hari. It will be proved the HW division is way harder than some think! In the -95 kg, in Glory not even all are. While the -85 kg has become poor.

Can we make this into Kickboxers, MT Fighters in MMA as well lol

Lots of them are doing great in the UFC

Loma Lookboonmee, former Muay Thai P4P Queen, got a UD over an opponent that was able to outjab her, but lack fight IQ, and went for ill fated clinch battle.

Giga Chikadze, former Glory Fighter, got a spectacular KO over Cub Swanson, clear performance of the night.

Meanwhile, Dustin Jacoby, former Glory contender, got a draw from a close fight.

https://www.thecourier.com.au/story...r-walked-away-from-an-australian-title-fight/

Ballarat boxer Victor Nagbe has opened up about his mental health struggles which saw him walk away from an Australian Title fight in 2019.

The 26-year-old was set to fight for the Australian National Boxing Federation middleweight title at the 'Battle of the Codes' promotion in November.

Then, without explanation, he declared himself unfit two days out from the event and stepped away from the ring.

Nagbe told The Courier he suffered a mental breakdown leading up to the fight and was treated for depression.

"After my last training session, my trainer knew there was something wrong with me," Nagbe recalled.

"We decided to wait until Friday and see how I felt, and on Thursday I didn't want to come out of my room.

"It wasn't an easy thing to deal with. I had to pull out of my title fight."

Nagbe said training commitments, as well as pressures from his business and personal life led to a breakdown he never saw coming.

"It wasn't something I could control, it just happened," he said.

"One second you get sad and feel lonely and you don't know why. You can't find a reason and that's one of the most confusing things.

Nagbe will return to the ring in March to fight Ankush Hooda at the Once Upon a Time promotion at Melbourne Pavilion.
Only just seen this but came across Nagbe instagram not too long ago and it reminded me how much of a natural he was. He was fighting guys like Superbon, Buakaw, Saenchai and even beat Kem after only a few years of Muaythai experience and he was competitive most of the time. Didn't do as well in kickboxing but he was always competitive. Hope he gets better. Depression can be a bitch. I always felt like he wasnt appreciated enough and was just forgotten about.

I feel we should have a similar thread for "recent fight results news from kickboxers and MT fighters in MMA."

Giga Chikadze's performance last night for example would be worthy of a mention.

Two big wins flew under my radar the past 2 months.

1. Cody Crowley defeats Kudratillo Abdukakhorov, becomes top 10 on Boxrec. Cody never had a KB career but has told the story of how he started training KB as a teen and was humiliated when his first fight was scheduled against a girl, but it turns out she was a Karate black belt and beat him up.

2. Sandor Martin defeats Mikey Garcia, who was 40-1 and not far removed from being ranked #1 in the world. Sandor comes from a family of kickboxers and has trained in various styles since he was a child. In his teenage years he had at least 17 KB fights before going pro as a boxer at age 18. He will probably end up fighting Josh Taylor, the undisputed champion of his weight class.

INTERVIEW WITH SANDOR MARTIN K.O VERDUN | SpaceBoxing

Back