Recent fights/results/news from Thailand

Yeah like i said i don't want to assume she's gold digging, but jeez that's a lot of money for a thai athlete to pay. It just seems very suspicious to me.

Yeah, Buakaw said he had trouble paying lately because you know the 'Rona, so his gym in Chiang Mai had zero revenue and he could not get any fight abroad.

Well, I guess we are seeing Buakaw back in 2021 soon folk for the classic, fight for Alimony payments.

Yeah, Buakaw said he had trouble paying lately because you know the 'Rona, so his gym in Chiang Mai had zero revenue and he could not get any fight abroad.

Well, I guess we are seeing Buakaw back in 2021 soon folk for the classic, fight for Alimony payments.

What a shitty situation.

The general who is in charge of Lumpini Stadium also said that on top of females being allowed to fight at Lumpini, he will also standardize judging to be the same as international fight with no gambling influence. (Lumpini just inked multiple international broadcast deals, so dance off in the fifth round is a big no no).

COVID hit the purse of the military so badly, it transformed Muay Thai lol

The general who is in charge of Lumpini Stadium also said that on top of females being allowed to fight at Lumpini, he will also standardize judging to be the same as international fight with no gambling influence. (Lumpini just inked multiple international broadcast deals, so dance off in the fifth round is a big no no).

I love MT but stadium fights can be so annoying with most people not trying much in the 1st round and then just dancing in the 5th round.

The recent Petchmorakot vs Thananchai fight showed this perfectly. In round 5 Petchmorakot is just dancing whereas Thananchai wants to fight because he knows he's most likely behind, but he can't do much because Perchmorakot refuses to do anything but dance.

Glad they're trying to move judging away from gambling though.

I'll be really disappointed if Lumpinee actually goes full KB style scoring and starts awarding unimpactful punch flurries more than a nice knee in the clinch. The 5th round is an art form in itself, it will be a shame if they get rid of it. At least we still have Raja.

I'll be really disappointed if Lumpinee actually goes full KB style scoring and starts awarding unimpactful punch flurries more than a nice knee in the clinch. The 5th round is an art form in itself, it will be a shame if they get rid of it. At least we still have Raja.
Adapt or die. There's a reason Muay Thai has fallen so far from the public eye in Thailand and its mostly because the sport is so compromised as a watchable product by gambling.

Pretending the 5th round in its current form is anything to be cherished makes you Stockholm Syndromed. It's trash, and totally anti-sport.

Adapt or die. There's a reason Muay Thai has fallen so far from the public eye in Thailand and its mostly because the sport is so compromised as a watchable product by gambling.

Pretending the 5th round in its current form is anything to be cherished makes you Stockholm Syndromed. It's trash, and totally anti-sport.
Agree, there are fights where the dancing starts in the 4th round. That means you have the first two rounds where they are taking it easy. The third and half the fourth round of proper fighting and the rest dancing. This is obviously the worst cases but if you can't see there is something wrong with that and bad for the appeal of muay thai. There is something wrong with you.

One of the best news so far this year. Perhaps we'll start seeing fights fought as they were during the golden age...

I'd rather see Muay Thai with all strikes scoring the same and people creatively trying to finish throughout the fight than a "let's play spar in round 1 and dance it off in round 5, while throwing mostly just middle kicks and clinch + knees in the rounds in between". Luckily not all fights are like that but many are. Bring back the golden age style!

I'd rather see Muay Thai with all strikes scoring the same and people creatively trying to finish throughout the fight than a "let's play spar in round 1 and dance it off in round 5, while throwing mostly just middle kicks and clinch + knees in the rounds in between". Luckily not all fights are like that but many are. Bring back the golden age style!
I think to bring back the golden age style all you would have to do is use 6 ounce gloves and allow plowing. The idea of MT with international scoring has already been implemented in IFMA and those fights are pretty cool if you are into that style but as someone who has watched a lot of it its personally not my taste.

If anything I would figure the changes the General meant would be along the lines of how the fights were scored in the 80's and 90's. damage and technique score more highly while balance and throws/sweeps/dumps are no longer scored so far above everything else

I could not find the whole timeline of this development in English, but you guys can use Google Trasnslate

1. The Military reorganized its assets (ncluding Lumpini Stadium) following mass shooting, Feb 2021

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/2062627/army-overhauls-management-of-its-properties

2. Reopening of Lumpini Stadium with focus on entertainment and reform towards less gambling influences, March 2021 (Thai)
https://www.dailynews.co.th/sports/832110

3. The General's interview about Lumpini stadium, overseas television deals, removing gambling influences, refocus on tourists' ticket sales, female fighters, etc, April 2021(Thai)
https://www.smmsport.com/reader/news/338141

3. First Female Fighter in Lumpini, May 2021 (Thai)
https://www.smmsport.com/reader/news/338888

I think the Thai military finally realised that instead of taking tiny money from gamblers every other day, they could instead attract more revenues by making it more entertaining like other events on Thai national TV.
Will there be reform? I think gamblers will do their best to lobby the old style of judging to remain, but Covid hit Stadium Muay Thai so hard from tourists' ticket sales to reputational damages from Covid cluster starting in Muay Thai events. So some forms of reform need to happen.

@esum80 did Littewada and Saemapetch fight yesterday as i can't find any info on it? If so do we have a video?

I could not find the whole timeline of this development in English, but you guys can use Google Trasnslate

1. The Military reorganized its assets (ncluding Lumpini Stadium) following mass shooting, Feb 2021

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/2062627/army-overhauls-management-of-its-properties

2. Reopening of Lumpini Stadium with focus on entertainment and reform towards less gambling influences, March 2021 (Thai)
https://www.dailynews.co.th/sports/832110

3. The General's interview about Lumpini stadium, overseas television deals, removing gambling influences, refocus on tourists' ticket sales, female fighters, etc, April 2021(Thai)
https://www.smmsport.com/reader/news/338141

3. First Female Fighter in Lumpini, May 2021 (Thai)
https://www.smmsport.com/reader/news/338888

I think the Thai military finally realised that instead of taking tiny money from gamblers every other day, they could instead attract more revenues by making it more entertaining like other events on Thai national TV.
Will there be reform? I think gamblers will do their best to lobby the old style of judging to remain, but Covid hit Stadium Muay Thai so hard from tourists' ticket sales to reputational damages from Covid cluster starting in Muay Thai events. So some forms of reform need to happen.
All that sounds great. The only good thing about the influence of gambling is they keep mismatches out of lumpini and raja. Hopefully they find a good middle ground of entertainment and sport. Meaning exciting competitive fights.

I really hope One fc uses this as his entrance video when he fights from now on

Last edited:
Back