Recent fights/results/news from Thailand

I couldn't find the Thai Gyms thread so will post here:

Haven't been training seriously in a few years now and would like to start training again. Any Thai gym recommendations in 2022? Preferably relatively affordable and good training (i.e. no overpriced tourist gyms with group classes or non-focused trainers).

What's your goal though? Are you looking for traditional MT gyms with legit instruction or ones with lots of sparring partners your own size? Are you looking to get in fight shape or focus mostly on just improving technique and learning new things? Anywhere in Thailand or preferably in a specific part of Thailand?

Personally I'd go to Sitjaopho because of the level of instruction and technical expertise, the fact there are usually several pro and semi pro farangs there to sparr with and also because it's in Hua Hin away from the busy cities and party scenes.

Otherwise I'd probably visit Singha Mawynn gym where Namsaknoi teaches and where there's the infamous pad holder Gae and also where Superbon trains among others (if they take farangs). Petchyndee would probably also be interesting to visit IMO.

What's your goal though? Are you looking for traditional MT gyms with legit instruction or ones with lots of sparring partners your own size? Are you looking to get in fight shape or focus mostly on just improving technique and learning new things? Anywhere in Thailand or preferably in a specific part of Thailand?

Personally I'd go to Sitjaopho because of the level of instruction and technical expertise, the fact there are usually several pro and semi pro farangs there to sparr with and also because it's in Hua Hin away from the busy cities and party scenes.

Otherwise I'd probably visit Singha Mawynn gym where Namsaknoi teaches and where there's the infamous pad holder Gae and also where Superbon trains among others (if they take farangs). Petchyndee would probably also be interesting to visit IMO.
I want to get good technical training and re-gain my former skills and technique. Also good Thai style sparring of course so needs to be a balance between Thais and non-Thais. Not looking to get into fight shape though.

I get the impression training at Petchyindee or Singha would be quite expensive.

Was thinking something more along the lines of Jitti or 13 Coins but not sure which gyms have active fighters and good sparring partners right now?

I don't think Gae teaches there. He was there for a few weeks training Superbon for the Marat fight but now he's all over the place. He's been seen at Khunsuek Gym training Superbon but when Superbon doesn't have a fight coming up he's at his usual place Elite Fight Club in Khlong Toei and sometimes pops into Marrok Force MMA gym. Maybe you might catch him at Singha again but not for very long.

I don't think Gae teaches there. He was there for a few weeks training Superbon for the Marat fight but now he's all over the place. He's been seen at Khunsuek Gym training Superbon but when Superbon doesn't have a fight coming up he's at his usual place Elite Fight Club in Khlong Toei and sometimes pops into Marrok Force MMA gym. Maybe you might catch him at Singha again but not for very long.

Thanks for that info. Namsaknoi does seem to be there permanent though, right?

I want to get good technical training and re-gain my former skills and technique. Also good Thai style sparring of course so needs to be a balance between Thais and non-Thais.
Sathian Muaythai Gym is 15,000 baht per month for training and accommodation. Sathian used to train Buakaw and his gym at the moment seems quiet with some decent recognizable thai's like Detrit Santhian who's pretty big as well so you'll probably get in some good sparring. Saw a few non-thais there also. Address: Ramkhamhaeng 88 , Bangkok. Email: [email protected]
Instagram:

Manasak Pinsinchai after he retired moved to Santai gym in Chiang Mai but during Covid he left. Via his instagram he's been spotted back at Pinsinchai and you can see him training non thais there. There are a few smaller thai's to spar there also. Seems like a true hidden gem as the gym always seems quiet. Manasak is fighting again soon so depending on when you're out there maybe you can hit the pads and spar with him. He's very technical but every once in a while you do see him at other gyms so not sure if you wanna take the risk. Maybe just contact him and
Instagram:

Venum gym in Pattaya has a good mixture of thais and foreigners to spar. Not sure if its too pricey though. Same as Phuket Fight Club. Charn Chai in Pai seems to always have good reviews but not sure how skilled the Thai's training there are. PK Saenchai gym of course but you might not be a priority since they have many good fighters. In terms of saving money you can just rent an apartment near the gym and go out to eat yourself. That way you're only paying for training which usually isn't much. The whole training, food and accommodation package can be pretty pricey with some gyms.

Edit: Yodwicha has training at Sitboonmee for a while. I've been there before and it wasn't for me. I prefer the city but it seems quiet so you'll probably gets some good sparring and clinching with him.

Instagram:

Last edited:
Thanks for that info. Namsaknoi does seem to be there permanent though, right?
I have no idea. I just know about Gae due to his instagram page. The only instagram page of Namsaknoi I can find hasnt been posted on for 3 years.

Sathian Muaythai Gym is 15,000 baht per month for training and accommodation. Sathian used to train Buakaw and his gym at the moment seems quiet with some decent recognizable thai's like Detrit Santhian who's pretty big as well so you'll probably get in some good sparring. Saw a few non-thais there also. Address: Ramkhamhaeng 88 , Bangkok. Email: [email protected]
Instagram:

Manasak Pinsinchai after he retired moved to Santai gym in Chiang Mai but during Covid he left. Via his instagram he's been spotted back at Pinsinchai and you can see him training non thais there. There are a few smaller thai's to spar there also. Seems like a true hidden gem as the gym always seems quiet. Manasak is fighting again soon so depending on when you're out there maybe you can hit the pads and spar with him. He's very technical but every once in a while you do see him at other gyms so not sure if you wanna take the risk. Maybe just contact him and
Instagram:

Venum gym in Pattaya has a good mixture of thais and foreigners to spar. Not sure if its too pricey though. Same as Phuket Fight Club. Charn Chai in Pai seems to always have good reviews but not sure how skilled the Thai's training there are. PK Saenchai gym of course but you might not be a priority since they have many good fighters. In terms of saving money you can just rent an apartment near the gym and go out to eat yourself. That way you're only paying for training which usually isn't much. The whole training, food and accommodation package can be pretty pricey with some gyms.

Edit: Yodwicha has training at Sitboonmee for a while. I've been there before and it wasn't for me. I prefer the city but it seems quiet so you'll probably gets some good sparring and clinching with him.

Instagram:

Thanks a lot!

Did that Thunder Fury guy get banned? Was hoping to get some translations.

Also just saw Kiewpayak retired due to many leg injuries. He's coaching at Evolve now.

Last edited:
Didnt know Petchboonchu spoke English, pretty funny interview:

Suprised he has never came back since retiring at age 26. You would think he would see the money some of the other fighters at evolve are making and want to fight in one as well.

Suprised he has never came back since retiring at age 26. You would think he would see the money some of the other fighters at evolve are making and want to fight in one as well.
I think his body cant handle big weight cuts anymore and at 140 lbs and above he seemed to have some trouble. Not sure if it was just his style or what.

Back