REVIEW: DATSUSARA Bag In-Depth Review

$80 that is a fricken great deal! I would do it if I didn't already have a perfectly functional bag!

+1
i would do it if didnt just order a bag a day before it was posted.

yes, but you get the satisfaction of knowing that you bag is a virgin, surely that is worth something :)

btw these also do not include the nylon wet bags that come inside the new ones. personally i never used the things but i know some like those.

also i still have this cotton prototype version of the pgb-02. it doesn't come with a wet bag and the stitching on the shoulder strap may be a bit weak (it didn't break on my short trips to the gym though) so I'll practically give it away at $15 (shiping included) just to get it out of the office here and make space, I hate to toss it out.

Quick question to those of you that own the bag...how is the length of the shoulder strap for you? Too long, too short? I may be adjusting this in the future and wanted to see what you guys thought.

Btw I still have about 4 of the refurbs left if anyone still wants a cheapy :)

note to sherdog folk:

we are testing a theory and placing the PGB-02 on sale at $99 but we are discontinuing the free shipping for now.

we also have a few refurbs of the pgb-02 left here and those i will still include shipping on.

rock on my people.

Quick question to those of you that own the bag...how is the length of the shoulder strap for you? Too long, too short? I may be adjusting this in the future and wanted to see what you guys thought.

Btw I still have about 4 of the refurbs left if anyone still wants a cheapy :)

For me it's a little long. Also, I would have liked better padding on the strap, instead of the plastic pad that's there. I'm thinking about getting one of the Timbuk2 pads to put on the strap. One end that's sewn into the bag, started to tear away from the bag at the seam. I had it sewn more securely.

I like the bag very much. Only a minor issue with the strap that wasn't sewn deeply into the bag enough.

Nice job!

For me it's a little long. Also, I would have liked better padding on the strap, instead of the plastic pad that's there. I'm thinking about getting one of the Timbuk2 pads to put on the strap. One end that's sewn into the bag, started to tear away from the bag at the seam. I had it sewn more securely.

I like the bag very much. Only a minor issue with the strap that wasn't sewn deeply into the bag enough.

Nice job!

We are adding a better strap and padding on the next version, noted to make it shorter, I agree on that.

As for the stitching that was an issue that we discovered recently and we could have repaired it for you, but since you did that yourself email me through the site, maybe I can offer you a discount on future purchases or a t-shirt :)

I have had no issues with the length but I do have it adjusted quite a bit. Still going strong with the original.

Would it be possible to design a bag similar to the Inspirit 3 Way Drum bag so that you can it use as a shoulder carry or backpack?

Would it be possible to design a bag similar to the Inspirit 3 Way Drum bag so that you can it use as a shoulder carry or backpack?

we might look into that, but for now we have the backpack and the pgb. i think the pgb might be too big to carry on your back and that is what has stopped us from trying this in the past.

for all who have been asking, yes we still have a few refurb PGB-02's left. They don't all come with the nylon wet bags but other then that they are fine and I will offer the same warranty on them as the new bags, which for now is basically we replace the bag if something breaks in the first 3 years.

edit, they are still $80 with US domestic shipping included

hey do u still have any of the cheapy bags left? if so can u pm me a pic of it and if i like ill shoot u some cash tonight if not whats the good deal on the hemp bag? it says 99 on the site..how do i order it for 80 shipping included?

hey do u still have any of the cheapy bags left? if so can u pm me a pic of it and if i like ill shoot u some cash tonight if not whats the good deal on the hemp bag? it says 99 on the site..how do i order it for 80 shipping included?

i think i may have fixed you up already but if not pm or email me through the website.

we only have a few PGB-02 refurbs right now and they look identical to the regular pgb-02's because they are except the extra stitching that was added in. it's $80 shipping included for Sherdoger's.

so we are nearly out of the PGB-02's already, thank you all for your purchases. we are nearly ready to have the PGB-03's made but I have an important issue that I wanted to get all of your opinions on.

we are only debating the fabric choice at this point, which is...

1. The same natural black hemp fabric that we have been using, it looks floppy and is more likely to tear under heavy strain but it breathes very well.

2. A new black hemp fabric that has a resin coating which makes it much stronger and makes it look better by holding shape more. Drawback is that it is slightly less environmentally friendly and it would take away about 50% of the breathability but would still be more breathable then a heavy cotton canvas would be.

Keep in mind will will have the "nasty bags" (the nylon wet bags) included with all bags for the really wet nasty stuff.

So what do you guys think, is it worth losing some breathability for strength and form?

Please respond to me at chris {at} dsmma.com

I'll post proto pics of the PGB-03 here soon

just found 4 more new PGB-02's in the basement storage, i will make them available for Sherdog members only at the same price as on the site. just pm or email me if you want one, or wait a few months for the PGB-03 :)

update... also have 1 refurb PGB-02 looking wrinkled but still quite functional and clean, i'll let it go for $50 shipped domestic.

P.S. I recommend hand washing these babies for less wrinkles :)

update: wrinkled bag sold (hand wash your PGB to avoid wrinkles :)

I will have some more refurbs next week and I still have the last 5 new condition PGB-02s for Sherdog members only at $95 out the door ship inc.

the pgb-03s won't be here for at least 2 months it looks like but they will have some changes fyi..

1 pocket change, ykk zippers, new logo, and more sturdy construction all around and a better shoulder strap. other than that they are basically the same.

Is the pgb big enought to hold a pair of thai pads/shin guard/gloves/cup/ shorts-shirt?

*any plans for a coloured bag?

Back