RIZIN Fighting World Grand Prix 2016 - 1st Round PBP Discussion (9/24 @ 2 AM EST)

Do we have any information who might be in this tournament today? Any hint?

Do we have any information who might be in this tournament today? Any hint?

Decided matchups
- Baruto vs Fujita Kazuyuki

Participation decided, but matchups to be announced

Mirko Crocop
Wanderlei Silva (will be exempt from the 1st round)
Jiri Prochazka
Amir Aliakbari
Teodoras Aukustuolis
Vadim Nemkov
Valentin Moldavsky

Five more fighters (including 1 other seeded slot) TBA.

This isn't exactly a cupcake field even though the few real names they have will have an easier pass to the later rounds

Mirko or Wandy winning this tournament would not be too good for the sport. A new star would born otherwise.

Who are you guys picking to win this?

Mirko or Wandy winning this tournament would not be too good for the sport. A new star would born otherwise.

Who are you guys picking to win this?

CC. Naw not really, impossible to pick until we have all the names and the 1st roubd matchups at least tho.

CqRWSXHUkAABpld.jpg
Please post some more Rizin posters

http://www.rizinff.com/en/news/20160729_5221.html

From Rizin's website...

"Rizin has been listening to the fans recommendations. Taking all this under consideration, here are the current selections so far:

- Sergei Kharitonov
- Fedor Emelianenko
- Jiří Procházka
- King Mo
- Vitaly Minakov
- Josh Barnett
- Alexandru Lungu
- Roger Gracie
- Mark Hunt
- Amir Aliakbari
- Bobby Lashley
- Teodoras Aukstuolis
- Kirill Sidelnikov
- Minowaman"

... Weird that Hunt and Barnett are on the list and Fedor... I wish they chose Nemkov or Sidelnikov instead of Moldavsky... Should be an awesome tournament either way
Great list of fighters, but Barnett and Hunt won't be part of it.

i was just trying to point out the absurd and comical nature of your statement

you wish cro cop hadn't left the ufc ( he didnt really leave he retired)solely for the reason that you wouldnt have to come to this subforum cause i guesss you dont like to get continually informed about some of the practices of Japanese promotions

but the only reason cro cop came out of retirement is he wanted to fight for the Japanese promoter who pulled him out of said retirement so its not really like he left the ufc to come to rizin like u you are insinuating
Lol he denied rizin for ufc. He's gong to rizin now cuz it's his only option unless he snitched or waited 2 years. I don't blame him and I'm sure it's gonna be great for him, but it's his second choice

Lol he denied rizin for ufc. He's gong to rizin now cuz it's his only option unless he snitched or waited 2 years. I don't blame him and I'm sure it's gonna be great for him, but it's his second choice
He's not like fedor, wanting easy fights for big checks. he wanted revenge. He wanted to fight in the biggest and best org, even if his checks aren't as big as they might have been in Rizin or bellator.

bob sapp training hard in the gym

just sayin

Evidently they're really trying to get Igor Vovchachyn out of retirement for this. I don't like that at all he hasn't fought in over a decade. He had like 70 mma fights and who knows how many others, he retired at the right time. Don't get me wrong I'll watch just as I'll watch anyone in the tournament but I hope he's not in it. I'd rather have Jared Rosholt ffs.

CC or Wand are not winning this tourney. I have feeling a new star will be born in this tourney.

souwer vs cruickshank is actually an amazing fight.
What's your prediction on that one? Don't know much about souwer... but whenever Darron fights I pick him by some kind of kick lol, unless opponent has a good ground game... would have loved him vs Aoki...

What's your prediction on that one? Don't know much about souwer... but whenever Darron fights I pick him by some kind of kick lol, unless opponent has a good ground game... would have loved him vs Aoki...

NCAA Cruinshank is gonna show up for this one. He isn't striking with Souwer.

Souwer is a kickboxer, there's no way Cruickshank stands with him. It would be to much of a risk. If he does, then Souwer will most likely knock him out. It should be an exciting fight either way.

cruickshank is much larger than souwer and andy is too old. I wouldn't be suprised if daron gets the better of him in the stand up.

Andy Souwer still looks good to me in recent fights and is a practically perfect kickboxer. I'd be very surprised if drain got the better in the stand up.

Andy's ground game is an unknown but it looked good in his debut, and he's been training MMA with Jose aldo for years

cruickshank is much larger than souwer and andy is too old. I wouldn't be suprised if daron gets the better of him in the stand up.
Daron is 31. 5`8
Andy 33. 5`9

Both have competed in 70kg/155lbs weightclass most of their careers. I dont think there is difference in size. You can say Souwer has more mileage but he has much more experience too.

I DO think that MMA striking is completly different than K-1 striking because of the gloves and it depends on how Souwer adapts the the 4oz gloves.

Kron Gracie is fighting a guy who is fu*king (33-28-2) ?

Unbelievable!......Put me in the ring, I bet you I have a better punchers chance of a KO.

Back