Road to UFC, betting thread ▆▇██

Billy/Jin-OV 2.5 for 25-145
Kanda/Jubillee-OV 2.5-185 for 25
Kumar+250 for 25

Only bet I've got is a small one on Lee to beat Climaco, just because I think that as strong as wrestler as Climaco is, if he can lose to Yuma he can lose to a fast improving kid who looks super talented like Lee.

I have Lee KO/TKO as well.

He defends TDs correctly and has.a quick sprawl.

Climaco is a smothering positional grappler but if the fight stays on the feet Climaco is probably getting put out.

Topnoi doing better in the grappling exchange. experience matters here

Topnoi down 2 after those strking exchanges.

tho landed less in that 2nd.

edit: could go either way, 2nd rnd was close.

Last edited:
Took Sumit Kumar for 0.5u, like the finishing ability and training at TAM, plus I feel like India is due for someone like him making their mark in the UFC

^^ good read. KIm had a win on Jack Jenkins in his early career. Some of his losses were forgivable, and decent striker based on what i saw at his Ig training.

^^ good read. KIm had a win on Jack Jenkins in his early career. Some of his losses were forgivable, and decent striker based on what i saw at his Ig training.
what about his tape? Did you see anything there

what about his tape? Did you see anything there
I saw the fight with the head kick. My impression was that he had power but i could not verify how much power based on competition.

Maybe a blind spot of mine, but I always need a verification. Like fighter A scored a knockdown on fighter B who is an active ufc fighter etc.

never had a chance

imo shitty strategy , the tools are there but the execution isn't. Never get why guys just go heavy and throw td defense out the window. Like some of these guys forget its mma and not kick boxing.

imo shitty strategy , the tools are there but the execution isn't. Never get why guys just go heavy and throw td defense out the window. Like some of these guys forget its mma and not kick boxing.
it was his best chance honestly. Athletic explosive TDD dude, other than that his game was always going to fall apart against a bigger and more technical fighter.

Shin Haraguchi (-700) is as close to a lock to win as you are going to get in regional MMA. He always fights intelligently, does not get tired even when taking his opponents down 10+ times in fights, and can take his opponents down with ease through both lower and upper body TDs. He probably wins in the first round via KO/TKO (+100) through ground and pound. Shin prefers to pound out his opponent than to submit them, he has some front headlock submissions in his arsenal, but I have only seen him seriously attempt them in one of his fights so the method is far more likely than not to be KO/TKO. Shin is a Merab clone.

There aren't a lot of great dogs on this card. The one that stood out to me was Peter Danasoe (+310). He is a dangerous finisher, mostly with his thai boxing, but he does have some offensive grappling ability and will take his opponents back if the opportunity presents itself in a scramble. His opponent Sim is a slick back taker, submission grappler, and willing striker. He is the rightful favorite but his betting line is way too high imo since he does struggle at times to get fights to the floor and has little to no head movement (though he can take a shot).

Long Xiao 240+

he had a decent scrap with Cristian Quinonez , wobbled him and has decent explosive to feet getup.

+ cage time experience vs Shuya who is a ring fighter.

Overall more fights and higher finish against a decision machine in Shuya , a wrestler but one dimensional and smaller, also went to split with another chinese fighter in his last fight.

Climaco 780 to win 898
Won Kim 312 to win 1,124

Back