Media Robert Whittaker brutally honest on Bo Nickal fight

Unheralded Truth

Brown Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score

Bo Nickal defeating Cody Brundage by submnission, what did you think?

- Ugh, I don't care. You know? I don't care. I don't care for Cody Brundage very much, and I think we saw some holes in Bo Nickal's game.
You know, Bo Nickal finally got a guy that he couldn't just do what he wanted with, and Cody Brundage isn't, like, the best fighter in the world.
Like, finally Bo Nickal vs a dude that can kind of wrestle and kind of strike, and he didn't look as good as he has previously. Because he's
been going through shoo-ins, for him. But yeah, it is what it is. I think he's got some work to do before he's gonna be ready to fight top 10 dudes.

Bo Nickal defeating Cody Brundage by submnission, what did you think?

- Ugh, I don't care. You know? I don't care. I don't care for Cody Brundage very much, and I think we saw some holes in Bo Nickal's game.
You know, Bo Nickal finally got a guy that he couldn't just do what he wanted with, and Cody Brundage isn't, like, the best fighter in the world.
Like, finally Bo Nickal vs a dude that can kind of wrestle and kind of strike, and he didn't look as good as he has previously. Because he's
been going through shoo-ins, for him. But yeah, it is what it is. I think he's got some work to do before he's gonna be ready to fight top 10 dudes.

It's the equivalent of Brock Lesnar struggling with Jake O'Brien back in 2008, and the UFC acting like that wouldn't have done serious harm to his hype.

Lol at the haters...he is 6 fights into his career and this is only his 3rd UFC fight. Let's relax a bit and see what happens. I'm excited as hell to see how his career plays out.

One mediocre night at the office (submission victory) and now Bo sucks lol.

Styles make fights. Cody is one of those fighters that is hard to deal with. Bo probably thought he was going to run him over as did everyone else. He learned some things, and will improve because of it. That is what winners do.

If Bo is still around at UFC 400 maybe he can redeem himself.

Last edited:
You know you're ass when nice guy Whittaker doesn't even have anything nice to say about you.
I love Mr Knuckles but he despises Brundage for the way he took a soft DQ win against his boy Malkoun so he was probably really hoping that Bo would put a beating on him. He also makes a point of not getting friendly with or praising other middleweight contenders since there's a good chance he'll have to try to break his face or snap his knee ligaments at some point in the future.

Back