Media Ronda Rousey says “I’m the greatest fighter that has ever lived.”

Holly kicked her head too hard.

It's not what she said that was annoying, it's how she said it. Still uses "like like like like" inbetween every word like a kid.

Nope. It was definitely what she said

She sure makes it difficult to lend her any kind of support.

I do think her losses sparked an unfair and inaccurate narrative in the proceeding years. Nunes certainly surpassed her in terms of legacy but I would put her in the top 3 easily and maybe even number 2 right behind Amanda on the list of greatest female fighters. I think Holm was a stylistic nightmare for her; a counter fighter who understands how to use footwork and angles combined with being very physically strong in the clinch. I don’t think Rousey lost because the game “passed her by” as many have suggested. A quick look at the women’s bantamweight rankings over the next 2-3 years after her loss to Holm reveal remarkably little change from Rouseys reign save for the presence of Holm and Nunes.

Having said that, she seems to be trying very hard to push the idea that she was forced out of mma due to brain trauma when the reality couldn’t be more plain. Concussions didn’t make her run at Holm on a straight line over and over again. Concussions didn’t prevent her from employing even a whisper of head movement against possibly the heaviest hitter in women’s bantamweight history. Concussions didn’t make her go on Ellen talking about wanting to kill herself after her lone mma defeat and how she was still undefeated because defeat is a choice. She was a great fighter who had holes in her game. She ran into someone whose entire game was exploiting those kinds of holes in Holm. This defeat destroyed her mentally and made her gunshy and scared to engage in her next fight, which happened to be against Nunes. That combined with Nunes being an absolute banger and her existing defense deficiencies led to her getting battered and finished quickly.

It’s sad to see her need to tell a different story to prop herself up in her own mind because I think the most accurate version of her story is pretty favorable to her.

I'm not a fan of Rousey but any fighter that pisses off so many edgy people here gets my respect

The reality is that Ronda Rousey does not give one flying fuck what somebody with 54 likes on a post thinks
If that were true she would stop trying so hard to make people like her.

Yet here we are.

She clearly cares and took her losses and people's responses to her losses very badly.

Next time you post, try having a clue what you're talking about - you won't seem like an idiot.

What's wrong with her voice now? It sounds like she's talking with a mouthful of marbles. Sounds like Nick Diaz.

She was always like that apparently; she had a speech disorder as a kid. Back in her day, I made a thread about this because I found Rousey hard to understand (English is not my first language) and asked what kind of accent she has. Sherdoggers destroyed me haha.

I don't mind that she lost and don't look down on her level of competition. What always bothered me was her attitude even before joining the UFC. She reminds me of those people who demand "respect" from everyone but are not willing to give it in return. I disliked Ronda starting from her "Let the pretty girls fight" when she took Sarah Kaufman's spot to beat Miesha Tate for the Strikeforce title.

You can't deny she brought new eyes to MMA at the time though.

People forget how dominant she was. It's all just a joke now.

Yeah she is annoying, her coach was annoying, and what she is saying is all coping hard..

but at her height she was a fucking force and raised the tide for all women in the sport. Some of y'all forget too easily.

I do think her losses sparked an unfair and inaccurate narrative in the proceeding years. Nunes certainly surpassed her in terms of legacy but I would put her in the top 3 easily and maybe even number 2 right behind Amanda on the list of greatest female fighters. I think Holm was a stylistic nightmare for her; a counter fighter who understands how to use footwork and angles combined with being very physically strong in the clinch. I don’t think Rousey lost because the game “passed her by” as many have suggested. A quick look at the women’s bantamweight rankings over the next 2-3 years after her loss to Holm reveal remarkably little change from Rouseys reign save for the presence of Holm and Nunes.

Having said that, she seems to be trying very hard to push the idea that she was forced out of mma due to brain trauma when the reality couldn’t be more plain. Concussions didn’t make her run at Holm on a straight line over and over again. Concussions didn’t prevent her from employing even a whisper of head movement against possibly the heaviest hitter in women’s bantamweight history. Concussions didn’t make her go on Ellen talking about wanting to kill herself after her lone mma defeat and how she was still undefeated because defeat is a choice. She was a great fighter who had holes in her game. She ran into someone whose entire game was exploiting those kinds of holes in Holm. This defeat destroyed her mentally and made her gunshy and scared to engage in her next fight, which happened to be against Nunes. That combined with Nunes being an absolute banger and her existing defense deficiencies led to her getting battered and finished quickly.

It’s sad to see her need to tell a different story to prop herself up in her own mind because I think the most accurate version of her story is pretty favorable to her.
Dude actually you made a point that I always see and frustrates me.
Her division would've been better if she never left. I wouldn't say the game passed her by, but she was forced out, but it's partly cause of how terribly she reacted but the fans too. Damn lol. It's a double edged sword i guess. I guess men and women are different. Seems like ppl just being mean to ronda to be nice to Holly. But deep down didn't care for her career. Just wanted ronda to lose. Which seems shitty cause it's women, but if it was men, ngl, it would not matter.
But the point is that men and women are different and maybe marketing team didn't realize that back then and fumbled her career but she's good though cause WWE but you know what I mean

Some fighters get it in their head that we, the fans, only like them when or because they win. Rhonda, internally, cannot imagine being liked even though she lost (and was embarrassed). Outside looking in it appears to me all her self-worth is tied up in winning or being perceived as a winner, not good. Psychologically, that is a tough plot of turf to hoe. Ask Royce Gracie, dude took an enormous of steroids to try and beat Sakuraba. Why? Pride, self-worth tied to winning, couldn't stand the thought of himself and his family being labeled as losers.

The "normal" fans on this forum don't like fighters only because they win, we like them because they make weight, show up in shape, make an effort to entertain us, bite down on the mouthpiece when the going gets tough, and who are generally earnest and sincere in their efforts. Rhonda is unlikeable because she hates herself and can't be honest about her whoopings. Her ego and self-worth can't take the hit.

Last edited:
Well, there we have it...again. She loved the WWE when she was a big star, but now it's the Devil incarnate because they don't want her performing for them...at least not at the same level of pay and/or they wanted her to lose like a mid-card talent. As I've said before, if she was injured going into her last two fights meaning she would have won without the fresh/accumulated injuries...release her training partners from their NDAs so they can describe how she did with her striking training.

She's perfect and everyone else is at fault. It doesn't matter what you've done for her in the past or how much you praised her. Sneeze once in a way she hallucinates as an attack and you're dead to her pretty much forever unless you come crawling back begging for forgiveness.

Total nutjob. With the fighting and big wrestling door closed to her...and her crappy mental state...and Hollywood in general drying up, is she going to make it to 2030?

I can’t help but point fingers at her mother for fostering this dangerously inflated self-confidence by sporadically attempting to armbar her during her formative years. Yet, there comes a time when she must confront the harsh realities of life and shoulder some accountability herself.

in Jungian psychology we call this doing your shadow work.

Dude actually you made a point that I always see and frustrates me.
Her division would've been better if she never left. I wouldn't say the game passed her by, but she was forced out, but it's partly cause of how terribly she reacted but the fans too. Damn lol. It's a double edged sword i guess. I guess men and women are different. Seems like ppl just being mean to ronda to be nice to Holly. But deep down didn't care for her career. Just wanted ronda to lose. Which seems shitty cause it's women, but if it was men, ngl, it would not matter.
But the point is that men and women are different and maybe marketing team didn't realize that back then and fumbled her career but she's good though cause WWE but you know what I mean
She definitely got a lot of hate after the Holm loss but she kind of set herself up for it. Not to say she deserved it necessarily but she relished in being the bad guy who just never lost. Remember that thing she did where she talked about how winning in 8 seconds was her at her most merciful? It’ll she seemed to really buy into the idea that she was this unstoppable once in a lifetime combat athlete so when she lost that all came crashing down.

She was thriving when competition was weak, her striking skills got a reality check against Holly Holm, and against Amanda nunes she basically knew she was going to get fucked up. Her story doesn't make any sense, she talks about being in absolute wars, when the reality is she had 14 fights, 90% of them where either clinch, grab headlock or hipthrow, toss, submit, she first fight where she couldn't dictate the terms where against Holly, fights against Miesha where pretty scrappy but Miesha lacked any kind of stand up, and zero power.

To the people who actually thought she had a chance against Floyd on the street :D hahahah

I largely agree except that I do think the game passed her by. She refused to learn new skills or train with new people. She let Edmund build her ego and convince her she could strike as well as grapple. And a lot of people got caught up in that. Her judo skills aren't even questionable, but this is MMA, not judo. Armbars aren't enough to compete with well rounded fighters, and Holly proved it. Beyond her striking ability, Holly also trained at a good gym with intelligent coaches and worked on her game in every aspect.

What new skills did Ronda ever learn?

She had the potential to be much better than she was, but like too many others she never felt the need to evolve.

Back