RR

Status
Not open for further replies.
He sounds like a fucking shithouse, everyone knows you don’t do that in sparring, unless your Valero.
Was my own fault... I was always warned by my main coach not to spar him as he was crazy and would fuck people up sparring, didn't think he'd cheap shot me though.. I was like 20 at the time.

Was my own fault... I was always warned by my main coach not to spar him as he was crazy and would fuck people up sparring, didn't think he'd cheap shot me though.. I was like 20 at the time.

Defo not your fault, pros taking liberties is a bitch move pal.

I have an Amateur MMA record of 4-0, amateur boxing record of 1-0, Kickboxing 2-0 (1 being at a strip club ).
Don't want to give too many details on here just in case, but he saw me sparring in one of the general classes and asked me to help him prepare for his fight because he said I had a similar style of his opponent (this was when he was preparing for Marquardt). He was doing a round robbin type training... 3 mins wrestling with a wrestler and then 3 minutes with me striking. He was cutting weight and obviously tired as the rounds went out and I was pretty much just pumping the jab and following up with long 2's... anytime he'd get close I'd circle away. He has me up against the cage at the end of one of the rounds... bell rings and I put my hands down and he just started teeing off on me. Coaches had to come run in and separate him,.. forgot to mention he was using MMA gloves while I had boxing gloves.

I was hyped at first, went back to my Dorm and told my GF what just happened and that I got to spar a UFC fighter I always watched, about 5 minutes later I threw up everywhere and realized I probably had a concussion. Ended up resting up a couple of days and had my fight 2 weeks later. I got dropped and concussed in the 1st round, woke up and held on to a single for the rest of the round. Ended up winning it in the 2nd by KO.

Ended up having postitional vertigo for the next 3 years, most likely from the multiple concussions in the short period of time.. tried numerous times to train again but it kept coming back. During my time off I got a pretty high paying job and stopped training. Found out I have a protruding disc in my neck which is probably was caused the vertigo.

Excuse my grammar... typing quick while at work.
Glad you ended up alright but that's some bullshit. Lombard is a notorious asshole in sparring as you said, but that's still not cool, he's a grown man you were just a kid who was an up and comer at the time and he had to get petty. Respect for all the time you've actually stepped into the ring/cage btw. You're a real motherfucker. Sorry about your concussions/vertigo/neck btw.

Glad you ended up alright but that's some bullshit. Lombard is a notorious asshole in sparring as you said, but that's still not cool, he's a grown man you were just a kid who was an up and comer at the time and he had to get petty. Respect for all the time you've actually stepped into the ring/cage btw. You're a real motherfucker. Sorry about your concussions/vertigo/neck btw.
Thanks man. I try to think that it happened for a reason... making great money and I have a stable career where I'm not getting hit in the head because of it.

I actually just started training again at a smaller MMA gym to stay in shape, but I'm starting to get the itch to fight again....I guess it will always be there. Happy to say that I haven't had any vertigo for around 2 years now thankfully.

Here's a pic from my last fight. Arlovski/Fedor esque lol. I got dropped in the first and honestly didn't remember anything else that happened afterwards until I realized I won the fight.

167nkub.jpg

Here's a pic from my last fight. Arlovski/Fedor esque lol. I got dropped in the first and honestly didn't remember anything else that happened afterwards until I realized I won the fight.

167nkub.jpg
Someone needs to make your face their avatar, ASAP.

167nkub.jpg
That's fucking awesome shit man, lol. What you get him with, did anyone tell you after?

That's fucking awesome shit man, lol. What you get him with, did anyone tell you after?
Yeah luckily the photographers were awesome at this event. They captured the whole sequence of my left hand landing and him dropping.

I got linked up with Milton Lacroix at a local PAL gym and was sparring golden glove boxers. He was training Silky Wilky (boxer that got stopped by Charlo) at the time and now he trains Logan Paul and his bro... makes bank.
fc4e9y.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah luckily the photographers were awesome at this event. They captured the whole sequence of my left hand landing and him dropping.

I got linked up with Milton Lacroix at a local PAL gym and was sparring golden glove boxers. He was training Silky Wilky at the time and now he trains Logan Paul and his bro... makes bank.
fc4e9y.jpg
Holy shit, that's great, man! Helluva left. Are you usually a southpaw and one question I always ask "real fighters" is if they're converted or natural. Like are you naturally left handed? It would seem to be the case here, haha.

Holy shit, that's great, man! Helluva left. Are you usually a southpaw and one question I always ask "real fighters" is if they're converted or natural. Like are you naturally left handed? It would seem to be the case here, haha.
Yeah I'm a natural left hander, can't fight orthodox to save my life. It worked out for me because I always led with my right leg when I wrestled in high school.. not sure if that's the norm for lefties.

6' southpaw 155er, gave a lot of people problems with my reach.

also... #FreeRR

Never liked him or Stone Cold.
Like'd Hogan, Savage and those guys.

But The Rock was always just a boob to me.
Stone Cold was way funnier on the mic. The Rock was corny, plus I dont believe the Rock.
Stone Cold seems like an actual beer drinkin Texas guy.
Like what you see in the ring is probably what you'd see outside the ring.
The Rock was whatever he needs to be in that moment, and hes not gonna be that good at it.

Didn't he use to say "Roody Poo Candy Ass"?
Just awful. Can't stand it, and I wasn't really watching wrestling at that point anymore.
Watched it until i turned like 10 in 1998, a little bit after WCW started to fall apart and I just didnt care anymore.

Haha well I mean eventhough many adults go and watch the show especially around that era was meant to be more child friendly and so it makes a bit more sense for guys with corny gimmicks of the likes of “the peoples champ” and like Mic Foley with “Mr Socko” as a kid Rock was the shit to me and my class in school. Even his moves had some humor “rock bottom” “the people’s elbow”

Maybe you were just a Wcw type of guy, some tend to go more for one than the other like my cousin. You probably think the adults who purchased the tickets made their biggest profit but it was def more kid friendly than say the 80’s I wasn’t the only kid with 2 backpacks ($600) worth of action figures. Video games aside then tickets in teen years. Only went to one but I speak for a large crowd.

Stone Cold will always be a hero to me. To his act and how damm funny he was kicking Vince’s ass all the time, to finding how he’s personally a pretty cool guy as well.

Never liked him or Stone Cold.
Like'd Hogan, Savage and those guys.

But The Rock was always just a boob to me.
Stone Cold was way funnier on the mic. The Rock was corny, plus I dont believe the Rock.
Stone Cold seems like an actual beer drinkin Texas guy.
Like what you see in the ring is probably what you'd see outside the ring.
The Rock was whatever he needs to be in that moment, and hes not gonna be that good at it.

Didn't he use to say "Roody Poo Candy Ass"?
Just awful. Can't stand it, and I wasn't really watching wrestling at that point anymore.
Watched it until i turned like 10 in 1998, a little bit after WCW started to fall apart and I just didnt care anymore.

I've always compared what PBF and Manny did for boxing, as to what Stone Cold and the Rock did for WWE.

I mean, it's very difficult to match the personalities, charisma and pure energy as Macho Man, Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan did...

the Rock and Stone Cold did just that...great in front of the camera, great entertainers, and just great for the fans.

Haha well I mean eventhough many adults go and watch the show especially around that era was meant to be more child friendly and so it makes a bit more sense for guys with corny gimmicks of the likes of “the peoples champ” and like Mic Foley with “Mr Socko” as a kid Rock was the shit to me and my class in school. Even his moves had some humor “rock bottom” “the people’s elbow”

Maybe you were just a Wcw type of guy, some tend to go more for one than the other like my cousin. You probably think the adults who purchased the tickets made their biggest profit but it was def more kid friendly than say the 80’s I wasn’t the only kid with 2 backpacks ($600) worth of action figures. Video games aside then tickets in teen years. Only went to one but I speak for a large crowd.

Stone Cold will always be a hero to me. To his act and how damm funny he was kicking Vince’s ass all the time, to finding how he’s personally a pretty cool guy as well.

Stone Cold also appealed to many blue collar folk, and those who just hated their fu*king bosses...

I wanna say...around the 2001-2004 era...RAW and Smackdown put on 2 great hours of entertainment every Monday and Thursday.

Yeah, someone who is still around but doesn't mod anymore.I complained to admin about that, got the dubs removed. I've been dubbed a couple of times over the years for silly stuff but to be fair, I at least technically broke rules for those. This was just someone being an asshole.

Not sure if you recall but there was a big deal about GOT spoilers when the show first came on. People were getting dubbed for asking about the book. I offered in the thread to answer questions people had in PMs, so they wouldn't get in trouble and got dubbed or it.

That is hilarious. Dubbed for reading. lol

I have an Amateur MMA record of 4-0, amateur boxing record of 1-0, Kickboxing 2-0 (1 being at a strip club ).
Don't want to give too many details on here just in case, but he saw me sparring in one of the general classes and asked me to help him prepare for his fight because he said I had a similar style of his opponent (this was when he was preparing for Marquardt). He was doing a round robbin type training... 3 mins wrestling with a wrestler and then 3 minutes with me striking. He was cutting weight and obviously tired as the rounds went out and I was pretty much just pumping the jab and following up with long 2's... anytime he'd get close I'd circle away. He has me up against the cage at the end of one of the rounds... bell rings and I put my hands down and he just started teeing off on me. Coaches had to come run in and separate him,.. forgot to mention he was using MMA gloves while I had boxing gloves.

I was hyped at first, went back to my Dorm and told my GF what just happened and that I got to spar a UFC fighter I always watched, about 5 minutes later I threw up everywhere and realized I probably had a concussion. Ended up resting up a couple of days and had my fight 2 weeks later. I got dropped and concussed in the 1st round, woke up and held on to a single for the rest of the round. Ended up winning it in the 2nd by KO.

Ended up having postitional vertigo for the next 3 years, most likely from the multiple concussions in the short period of time.. tried numerous times to train again but it kept coming back. During my time off I got a pretty high paying job and stopped training. Found out I have a protruding disc in my neck which is probably was caused the vertigo.

Excuse my grammar... typing quick while at work.

So fucked up. No excuse for that even if you were trying to "prove" something. Not after the bell. And not saying you did, he sounds like a dick.

Boxer (ammy through HS/College) sat next to me at work for a couple years and we would BS about boxing. He was like 5'11", a shredded 208/210 and couldn't get down below 200 and was always in with the heavies at the club and we would crack up about it. He was 23, I think. One day he comes in all excited and says he sparred with Tony Tubbs last night. He said guys he knows were shaking their heads "no" when he starting asking for a volunteer. LIke to the guy I worked with, as in "don't do it". He said "I will" and sparred for quite a while with Tubbs. Gave him some rounds. Had a blast. This is 5 or 6 years ago, so Tubbs was mid-50s already. I asked him how it went and he said it was great and he found out later that plenty of guys had tried to prove something and then Tubbs turned them into hamburger, I guess. Want some, come get some. But legit in the ring during the sparring, not with their hands down! Anyway, he said he was really cool and I asked him if he would have started really sitting down on some combos and trying to sting Tubbs if that old man would have been able to tune him up. He said just from him moving and jabbing it was pretty clear he would kill me. lol
He was a good kid, he left to go to officer candidate school and I'm sure he's doing great.

CAN I GET A FREE @RR!!!?

FREE @RR!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back