RR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stone Cold also appealed to many blue collar folk, and those who just hated their fu*king bosses...

I wanna say...around the 2001-2004 era...RAW and Smackdown put on 2 great hours of entertainment every Monday and Thursday.

Haha yeah he’d teach ya if you don’t agree with someone you can always raise hell! But you might leave in cuffs lol!

Yeah 2001-2004 and over was when those big names started to fade a bit and the next generation strated to kick in hard. John Cena, Randy orton etc. Old man took me to a show in 2002 I believe, I was lucky as hell I was able to see John Cena while witnessing one of Undertakers greatest comebacks, shit was unreal.

I have an Amateur MMA record of 4-0, amateur boxing record of 1-0, Kickboxing 2-0 (1 being at a strip club ).
Don't want to give too many details on here just in case, but he saw me sparring in one of the general classes and asked me to help him prepare for his fight because he said I had a similar style of his opponent (this was when he was preparing for Marquardt). He was doing a round robbin type training... 3 mins wrestling with a wrestler and then 3 minutes with me striking. He was cutting weight and obviously tired as the rounds went out and I was pretty much just pumping the jab and following up with long 2's... anytime he'd get close I'd circle away. He has me up against the cage at the end of one of the rounds... bell rings and I put my hands down and he just started teeing off on me. Coaches had to come run in and separate him,.. forgot to mention he was using MMA gloves while I had boxing gloves.

I was hyped at first, went back to my Dorm and told my GF what just happened and that I got to spar a UFC fighter I always watched, about 5 minutes later I threw up everywhere and realized I probably had a concussion. Ended up resting up a couple of days and had my fight 2 weeks later. I got dropped and concussed in the 1st round, woke up and held on to a single for the rest of the round. Ended up winning it in the 2nd by KO.

Ended up having postitional vertigo for the next 3 years, most likely from the multiple concussions in the short period of time.. tried numerous times to train again but it kept coming back. During my time off I got a pretty high paying job and stopped training. Found out I have a protruding disc in my neck which is probably was caused the vertigo.

Excuse my grammar... typing quick while at work.

That fucking sucks. Doesn't really shock me with everything I've heard about Lombard, though.

So fucked up. No excuse for that even if you were trying to "prove" something. Not after the bell. And not saying you did, he sounds like a dick.

Boxer (ammy through HS/College) sat next to me at work for a couple years and we would BS about boxing. He was like 5'11", a shredded 208/210 and couldn't get down below 200 and was always in with the heavies at the club and we would crack up about it. He was 23, I think. One day he comes in all excited and says he sparred with Tony Tubbs last night. He said guys he knows were shaking their heads "no" when he starting asking for a volunteer. LIke to the guy I worked with, as in "don't do it". He said "I will" and sparred for quite a while with Tubbs. Gave him some rounds. Had a blast. This is 5 or 6 years ago, so Tubbs was mid-50s already. I asked him how it went and he said it was great and he found out later that plenty of guys had tried to prove something and then Tubbs turned them into hamburger, I guess. Want some, come get some. But legit in the ring during the sparring, not with their hands down! Anyway, he said he was really cool and I asked him if he would have started really sitting down on some combos and trying to sting Tubbs if that old man would have been able to tune him up. He said just from him moving and jabbing it was pretty clear he would kill me. lol
He was a good kid, he left to go to officer candidate school and I'm sure he's doing great.

CAN I GET A FREE @RR!!!?

FREE @RR!!!
I was always one to never turn down sparring. I have some pretty funny stories from college.

My session with him was initially pretty light, he had on MMA gloves so he wasn't punching too hard. They chose me because of my constant movement and reach, i believe the incident happened mainly because he was clearly frustrated from cutting weight and training all day. I wasnt throwing hard at all but I was landing pretty often with my jab and then circling out. The coaches kept shouting encouragement everytime I landed which I'm sure pissed him off and led to the hayemakers lol.

Awesome story about your friend. My first day at ATT I sparred Thiago Alves and Tim fucking Sylvia, both were super cool.

That fucking sucks. Doesn't really shock me with everything I've heard about Lombard, though.
He's a fucking cunt. I'm glad Barnett taught him a lesson back in the day but apparently it didn't do much for his complex. What a pos, @Soul_of_Rage seems like a good dude and Lombard fucked some kid up b/c he was getting boxed up. I really hope he gets ktfo in his next fight then stomped on a few times after for that shit. What a fucking cunt. Yeah I had to say it twice. Btw it's been several beers so I'm a bit animated. Don't judge me guys.

I was always one to never turn down sparring. I have some pretty funny stories from college.

My session with him was initially pretty light, he had on MMA gloves so he wasn't punching too hard. They chose me because of my constant movement and reach, i believe the incident happened mainly because he was clearly frustrated from cutting weight and training all day. I wasnt throwing hard at all but I was landing pretty often with my jab and then circling out. The coaches kept shouting encouragement everytime I landed which I'm sure pissed him off and led to the hayemakers lol.

Awesome story about your friend. My first day at ATT I sparred Thiago Alves and Tim fucking Sylvia, both were super cool.
Do you think your being southpaw messed with him a bit? A good jab from a southpaw is harder to come bye as often as orthodox, imo.

Last edited:
He's a fucking cunt. I'm glad Barnett taught him a lesson back in the day but apparently it didn't do much for his complex. What a pos, @Soul_of_Rage seems like a good dude and Lombard fucked some kid up b/c he was getting boxed up. I really hope he gets ktfo in his next fight then stomped on a few times after for that shit. What a fucking cunt. Yeah I had to say it twice. Btw it's been several beers so I'm a bit animated. Don't judge me guys.
Eh I hold no Ill will, it's the fight game and people in it have a lot of testosterone and aggression. He apologized immediately after and said he was frustrated from his weight cut and everything.

Honestly my jab gave a lot of people problems. I always made sure to get boxing training in at an actual boxing gym... the skill difference between a skilled amateur boxer and a pro MMA fighter is huge on average imo.

I used to get lit up by some amateurs at the local Police athletic league gym.

Eh I hold no Ill will, it's the fight game and people in it have a lot of testosterone and aggression. He apologized immediately after and said he was frustrated from his weight cut and everything.

Honestly my jab gave a lot of people problems. I always made sure to get boxing training in at an actual boxing gym... the skill difference between a skilled amateur boxer and a pro MMA fighter is huge on average imo.

I get it, you're being a classy guy, which is respectable. But for me he's a cunt, doing something fucked up and saying sorry after isn't alright, esp when you're an established mma legend sparring a 20 y/o kid. You're a better man than me for not being mad at him tho.

For sure, I hate when ppl equate mma boxers to actual talented boxers, it's a whole different level as you obv know. Smart that you took the correct measures, you're probably a better striker than a good many in bellator/ufc. Alot of guys just get by on wrasslin/bjj for the most part and striking is secondary.

I know you have a good job but if you wanted too it seems like you could make at least a mark in the pros. Don't know if it's worth it, tho. That life ain't easy, as you know.

I haven't trained a ton but getting my face punched in was far more instrumental in my experience than getting outwrestled by some seasoned grapplers in hs back in the day.

I was gonna add that as another reason of why I dont care for him.

People saying he should be President.

No fuck that.

Well atleast he would help the children in general. If he’d put Bill Goldberg in his team who’s a big animal cruelty activist half the country would go nuts hahaha...

Thanks man. I try to think that it happened for a reason... making great money and I have a stable career where I'm not getting hit in the head because of it.

I actually just started training again at a smaller MMA gym to stay in shape, but I'm starting to get the itch to fight again....I guess it will always be there. Happy to say that I haven't had any vertigo for around 2 years now thankfully.

Lombard tha Cuban dude? Well that’s pretty cubanish... glad your Vertigo is gone bro, I’ve been dealing with that for the last 10 yrs but it’s very minor and I can literally shake it off instantly (thankfully).

Just out of curiosity why didn’t you fght a few more Boxing ammys?

I get it, you're being a classy guy, which is respectable. But for me he's a cunt, doing something fucked up and saying sorry after isn't alright, esp when you're an established mma legend sparring a 20 y/o kid. You're a better man than me for not being mad at him tho.

For sure, I hate when ppl equate mma boxers to actual talented boxers, it's a whole different level as you obv know. Smart that you took the correct measures, you're probably a better striker than a good many in bellator/ufc. Alot of guys just get by on wrasslin/bjj for the most part and striking is secondary.

I know you have a good job but if you wanted too it seems like you could make at least a mark in the pros. Don't know if it's worth it, tho. That life ain't easy, as you know.

I haven't trained a ton but getting my face punched in was far more instrumental in my experience than getting outwrestled by some seasoned grapplers in hs back in the day.
You're absolutely right. Someone who trains in boxing is spending all of their time working on their hands... MMA fighters have to divide their time between different disciplines. I always thought it better to spend the majority of my time training with people who dedicate all their time to that craft, this goes for wrestling and BJJ as well. Of course you have to understand how to mix them all together, but I feel that comes easier than learning the intricacies of each discipline.

Thanks for the compliments, who knows... if training goes well with no vertigo I may have one last hoorah left in me.

Lombard tha Cuban dude? Well that’s pretty cubanish... glad your Vertigo is gone bro, I’ve been dealing with that for the last 10 yrs but it’s very minor and I can literally shake it off instantly (thankfully).

Just out of curiosity why didn’t you fght a few more Boxing ammys?
My vertigo was very strange, it was only when i tilted my head past a certain point, my vision would reset and then it would go away until I did the same movement. At first the docs thought I had inner ear Crystal's flowing in a wrong canal, they did a bunch of tests and it turned out to be negative.

Turns out I have a protruding disc in my neck which I'm pretty sure was causing my vertigo back then... not positive though.

I wish I did take on more ammy boxing matches. I wrestled in Highschool with MMA in mind, I boxed in highschool with MMA in mind, so when I was ready to go ammy in MMA I just decided to focus on that competitively.

I actually posted my first boxing fight on here when I was in HS, I'll see if i can find the thread.

My vertigo was very strange, it was only when i tilted my head past a certain point, my vision would reset and then it would go away until I did the same movement. At first the docs thought I had inner ear Crystal's flowing in a wrong canal, they did a bunch of tests and it turned out to be negative.

Turns out I have a protruding disc in my neck which I'm pretty sure was causing my vertigo back then... not positive though.

I wish I did take on more ammy boxing matches. I wrestled in Highschool with MMA in mind, I boxed in highschool with MMA in mind, so when I was ready to go ammy in MMA I just decided to focus on that competitively.

I actually posted my first boxing fight on here when I was in HS, I'll see if i can find the thread.

Thanks that’ll be cool bro.

Yeah I get you, if your head is in a certain position or looking else where and you suddenly move quickly to keep doing what you were doing, all a sudden vision resets, small spin and your legs get all tight gripping for balance leaving you in “wtf” rarely get it but I know the feeling hehe. Sadly ear health plays a lot more than just helping you hear and it connects with many things, even gives people long episodes of tinnitus.

Yeah I get you, if your head is in a certain position or looking else where and you suddenly move quickly to keep doing what you were doing, all a sudden vision resets, small spin and your legs get all tight gripping for balance leaving you in “wtf” rarely get it but I know the feeling hehe. Sadly ear health plays a lot more than just helping you hear and it connects with many things, even gives people long episodes of tinnitus.
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/my-first-amateur-boxing-match.2325019/

This was my first fight after a couple months of boxing in highschool before I really got into it. I focused purely on boxing afterwards since it was my weakest discipline at the time.

I was lucky enough to train for awhile with the late Howard Davis Jr who was an amazing coach.

Last edited:
At the Whisky in Hollywood. Michael schenker says free RR

Would be great if @RR was here to give us some insider info on this Jacobs fight vs Canelo

Yeah tinnitus is a bitch, I have neck issues, albeit not like Soul's but still more than annoying and that will have my ears ringing nonstop on a bad day to the point that my hearing goes and I can't move my neck w/o serious pain.

Tinnitus is one of those shitty things that you put off going to the doc for and just try to deal with it instead and it ends up fucking up a large part of your life. I still need to go to the doc and it's been atleast 5 years, lol.

Also Free RR you fascist butt fucks.

Yeah I would definately agree with that. Used boxing only gyms for years,then trained at a good (for the U.K.) mma gym. Ive known the boxing coach there for years, and he’s good, but the standard from the majority of the pro mma fighters and Kickboxers was very average. A couple of the young Kickboxers there are now splitting their time at my old boxing gym, as I said it would probably benefit them, and it’s worked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back