International Russia/Ukraine Megathread V7

Status
Not open for further replies.
The end result will likely be that Turkey receives some kind of "bribe" and then abstains from voting, allowing Finland and Sweden in without losing face.

...but it isn't ideal that a member of Nato uses a situation like this to blackmail other members of the alliance. If more countries did that, NATO would become dysfunctional.
This is exactly what Russia would have done if they were allowed to join back in the 2000's x 10

Pity there isn't some sort of overrule if a NATO member votes against the overall interests of NATO. Finland and Sweden will be more useful than Turkey.

This is exactly what Russia would have done if they were allowed to join back in the 2000's x 10

Pity there isn't some sort of overrule if a NATO member votes against the overall interests of NATO. Finland and Sweden will be more useful than Turkey.

When Finland and Sweden enter and have voting rights then the next time Turkey wants to be the single contrarian then there will be another 2 votes weighted against them. You may very well see that "overrule if a NATO member votes against the overall interests of NATO" piece you hinted at being implemented.

When Finland and Sweden enter and have voting rights then the next time Turkey wants to be the single contrarian then there will be another 2 votes weighted against them. You may very well see that "overrule if a NATO member votes against the overall interests of NATO" piece you hinted at being implemented.
That would be nice. Hopefully Erdogan will be happy with some old F16's in return.

Guy in the car: "What's going on, old man?"

Drunk Old man: For Russia!

Guy in the car: Why?

Drunk Old Man : For Donbass! For the children! 8 years!

Guy in the car: We are in Riga now.

Drunk Old man gets attacked, gets back up, chases the guy : "Give me back the flag, you bitch!"

Meanwhile in the background there is a dude calling the cops and complaining about the russian dude causing a disturbance.

Guy in the car laughs and says that old man already got punished.
Antifa picking on an old man basically.

Nope, just a clash of 2 rightwingers, nothing shady going on.
It was not serious response.

My Serbian friends say there's mixed opinions amongst the people there about thus entire conflict.

Yes potentially but I think Turkey doing this because of their sorta relationship with Russia.
they want concessions from finland about extradition, i dont think they will get them. their economy is going to shit and if they dont budge other NATO members will put financial pressure on them.

The end result will likely be that Turkey receives some kind of "bribe" and then abstains from voting, allowing Finland and Sweden in without losing face.

...but it isn't ideal that a member of Nato uses a situation like this to blackmail other members of the alliance. If more countries did that, NATO would become dysfunctional.
its just turdogan, guys a fuckin moron.

they want concessions from finland about extradition, i dont think they will get them. their economy is going to shit and if they dont budge other NATO members will put financial pressure on them.
It is cool how undervalued are countries bakcing so called U.S- U.K real block. Even commodities exporters too + high tech countries.

U.S is backed by Commonwealth countries, U.K and some impactful asian countries and very seriously.
Add here Norway and Netherlands etc stuff.

We need U.S and U.K and for financial reasons too and a lot.
They are " milking " us, we are " milking " them.
Financially.

I'm pretty sure the Croatian president already attempted to do it.

NATO is what it is, an untested military alliance between countries that share little in common with one another. When Turkey joined NATO, it was a country governed by "Western-minded" people, but they have clearly drifted away from that line of thinking. It would be fair to say that they are more closely aligned with Russia and China, than the U.S. or Britain or France, etc.

If Russia attacked a NATO country, it would be ludicrous to expect Turkey to run to their aid. It's just not in their interests. Nobody would expect them to, either. NATO has always been about what sort of support the U.S. will provide in the case of an attack against a NATO member.

Last edited:

NATO is what it is, an untested military alliance between countries that share little in common with one another. interests.
You are damn wrong here... Interests are far deeper than just political stuff or military stuff.

If Russia attacked a NATO country, it would be ludicrous to expect Turkey to run to their aid. It's just not in their interests.
We don't need Turkey, it is hipocryte ballast and 30 years we already know how useless they are and always will be.
We even don't need 5 th paragraph bullsiht, NATO is business entity and we do know this 30 years in row...

Pros/ cons = decision from country x or y.
Maybe in one minute.

most theyre getting is F-16s, not F-35s

Russian recon guys playing good/bad cop while interrogating some captured ukr guys

No.violence or anything like that (this for mods)

Russia ordered to made Ukr military and police uniforms month ago.
They easily might order citizens in captured areas and also seperatists to dress in Ukr uniforms. Even paid unofficial merchs and local alcoholics.
Common technique used by KGB cos their competence field always was more wide then officially listed stuff.
Ofc they also might use some % from real POVs if they behave according to Russia's guidelines and talk what they are asked to talk.

Definitely I'm disappointed and Russias corp with Ukraine to milk dry all world will continue...
Like Covid plan- demic.
+ noobs will accuse US here....as predicted.
Plan- demic and plan - " war ".

M777s under attack in the east, Russian loitering munition misses. Just shows how important it is to locate and shoot down simple surveillance drones.

Jammer fails to jam. There was lots of talk before the war about supposed Russian EW capabilities.

"Would you rather be servant of heaven or ruler of hell?"

Putin seems to have made his choice when he made a clear turn away from the West after flirting with them when he first took power and instead decided being the King of the Despots was better than being maybe top 5 in an embraced West.

I think had Putin embraced the West and moved Russia towards and into Nato, Russia would have begun a path of becoming the biggest European power.

A highly motivated population and work force, and being a Western and Euro bridge to Asia and an Asian Bridge to Europe puts Russia in an ideal position for decades of growth. I think they could have become a global power in Tech and provided for some time, a bit of a hedge to China become the dominant power in that region.

Instead Putin chose a greatly diminished Russia, who punched well below its weight in GDP and its ability to project power. But he is (was) King and for him, that became enough.

Xi in China is taking the other path. All in on building China into the sole world power which means he cannot loot the country into a down turn. It will be interesting when he dies, to see if he can ensure continuity of that vision because a greedy Putin type could easily spiral it down, just like Russia just by putting looting first.

There was never a choice for Putin. He always wanted to be a strong dictator and joining NATO would have hamstrung him in numerous ways.

With jamming stations always was the same stuff as with radio.

If you emmit signals, it is easy to see where emmiter might be.

Therefore for example military usually uses encrypted radio sessions in such mode: listen and....when talk, then switch on for short time and talk quickly, then off and move away from this place.

The same mobile phones: looks that everyone does know how they work and why aren't allowed in some cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back