Media Sean O’Malley reveals his gameplan to beat Merab Dvalishvili

Who will win this fight?

• Total voters
Can't see it. Says link is broken or was removed.

Edit: all good now. The Masvidal gameplan.

I used to always lean towards grapplers, but in 2024, I really don't know what to think. I feel like strikers have found ways to get their opponents tired by grappling against the fence and standing up quickly after getting taken down by using the fense. The new rules now also benefit damage over control more than they used to, which makes it harder for grappling-oriented fighters to win (not saying this is a bad thing of course).

A guy l ike Merab may be able to spam takedowns and get a decision, but also keep in mind that he generally doesn't have much ground control of his opposition and they usually get back up; will he be able to avoid getting knocked out for 5 rounds? I really don't know. He did it with Petr Yan and it was damn impressive, so maybe he can. I'm incredibly pumped for this fight; I really don't know or care who wins -- I just hope for a clean and competitive affair. 135 is full of studs.

Reminds me of Machida / Shogun I....

Cecil Peoples scores it 50-39 Suga Sean

Now that he got his undeserved/pointless showcase fight against Chito out of the way, he’s gotta start actually defending. No Topuria fight.

I just hope he walks out with O'Malleys jacket on.

images (26).jpeg

Reactions: z99
I think Suga beats Merab like he stole his jacket and makes it look really easy! He sparked Sterling out so effortlessly, Merab is like a small version of Sterling and it’s easier for Suga to plant and fire at the target and slip the counter shot at his lead leg. He’ll dust Merab

I can’t doubt O’Malley anymore. Kid is a legit killer. On paper Merab should win but I think he gets KOd. Sean is really good.

It is wild to see guys on Sherdog talking as if they dislike Omalley then go on to pick him or give him a solid chance vs Merab. Sean's skills getting recognized.

Crazy to read thru these replies when looking back on his contender series fight or the Andre Suckmymouth fight. He's came a long way.

I used to always lean towards grapplers, but in 2024, I really don't know what to think. I feel like strikers have found ways to get their opponents tired by grappling against the fence and standing up quickly after getting taken down by using the fense. The new rules now also benefit damage over control more than they used to, which makes it harder for grappling-oriented fighters to win (not saying this is a bad thing of course).

A guy l ike Merab may be able to spam takedowns and get a decision, but also keep in mind that he generally doesn't have much ground control of his opposition and they usually get back up; will he be able to avoid getting knocked out for 5 rounds? I really don't know. He did it with Petr Yan and it was damn impressive, so maybe he can. I'm incredibly pumped for this fight; I really don't know or care who wins -- I just hope for a clean and competitive affair. 135 is full of studs.
That Yan performance was special tbh.
Merab smothers, he doesn't have the top control like you said, but its his activity that really takes people's away.

Fuckin guy never stops lol.
I think if he can get through the first 2 rounds without getting KOd he'll have a good chance because he won't give up on himself sir.

Can't see it. Says link is broken or was removed.

Edit: all good now. The Masvidal gameplan.
I thought it looked like Conor in the 5th in the rematch with Nate.

O'Malley needs to visit the pharmacies in New Jersey himself rather sooner than later if he wants to defeat the chief executive officer hobgoblin Dvalishvili.

Back