Television SECRET INVASION (Premieres June 21, 2023)

Looks like the Russos are back.

Also, obligatory....who's been a Skrull all along?

This show is what happens when you have a captain america with no super powers. In the context of the MCU im not sure this shows going to make much sense. Why wouldnt nick just call a few of his super powered friends? Wouldnt captain marvel be interested since she has history with the skrulls? Id have to watch that movie again because I dont remember almost anything about them. Looks meh but will watch. This feels like them trying to give Fury his own show.

Watched episode one and it doesn't live up to what I wanted it to be. Not impressed so far.

Ending is a shock but...

Killing off Maria Hill is such a waste if this series is not good.

Thats not what I wanted to hear.

If you guys want to see an outstanding espionage sci-fi thriller, please check out COUNTERPART (2017) starring J.K. Simmons. The story is limited to only two seasons (so you can binge watch it easily) but it's a great show and has a good ending.

I thought this was a really good start to the show, and it is hitting the more serious tone that I had wanted to see in the MCU. Skrulls are a very interesting group, and so far, they have very accurately shown how dangerous they can be.

Pros - first fight scene had a double leg takedown, second fight scene had a gator roll, third fight scene had a fireman's carry. We've moved beyond the cliche punch, kick, kick, punch choreography of fight scenes.

Cons - trying to ignite a war between the US and Russia for political gain. That's too unbelievable!

Cons - Marvel loves Sec States to be military. Why?

Pros - this show was launched the first week school is out for summer. I don't have to squeeze it in before I head off to work. Oh, wait, I'm teaching summer school starting next week and forgot until I typed this.

Pros - Pacing seemed good to me. Not sure why that's a complaint.

Pro - Samuel L Jackson is marketed as the lead of this show. But, it seems like Mendelsohn is hitting it out of the park.

Con - I assumed Skrulls could only shape shift into a human the same size. Morphing from adult male, little girl, slim woman, overweight guy, back to adult male...was well...stupid. at least create some kind of rules in regards to morphing.

Watched episode one and it doesn't live up to what I wanted it to be. Not impressed so far.

Ending is a shock but...

Killing off Maria Hill is such a waste if this series is not good.
I didn't notice that actor included during the opening credits. It kind of gave the ending away.

First episode confirmed what I figured. Disney Marvel has long ago lost their way. Crap series after crap series. I hope it gets better.

In the first episode where the Skrull villain Gravik was walking in public, luring Nick Fury to follow him. There was this scene where Gravik passes through a booth(?) where Fury couldn't see him due to the obstruction. One to two seconds later, Gravik comes out in a different human form. The funny thing is if you imagine the other side of that booth(?), people would have freaked out seeing Gravik shapeshift.

In the first episode where the Skrull villain Gravik was walking in public, luring Nick Fury to follow him. There was this scene where Gravik passes through a booth(?) where Fury couldn't see him due to the obstruction. One to two seconds later, Gravik comes out in a different human form. The funny thing is if you imagine the other side of that booth(?), people would have freaked out seeing Gravik shapeshift.

He "shifted" in that scene using as cover: balloons, a food truck, and a cotton candy machine. All three had people all around. So, each time he shifted, many people would have seen the process. Even more of a dramatic shift going from a small child to an overweight adult man to a petite woman to a young man.

He "shifted" in that scene using as cover: balloons, a food truck, and a cotton candy machine. All three had people all around. So, each time he shifted, many people would have seen the process. Even more of a dramatic shift going from a small child to an overweight adult man to a petite woman to a young man.
As weird as it sounds, I could imagine people not really noticing something like that/not believing their eyes because they aren't looking for/expecting it. You see something crazy like that for a split second out of the corner of your eye, and then it's not what you thought you saw and then you're just there confused.

As weird as it sounds, I could imagine people not really noticing something like that/not believing their eyes because they aren't looking for/expecting it. You see something crazy like that for a split second out of the corner of your eye, and then it's not what you thought you saw and then you're just there confused.

Back