Shoop SHOOP Dat BIGWAVERIDER R.I.P. Brother

[/QUOTE="AleYeah, post: 169404353, member: 515011"]
52406731329_bd18b10a8c_z.jpg

20221009-180328.gif
[/QUOTE]
<Moves><Lmaoo>

Always nice to come back to this thread and see some heartwarming art. some of u guys need to get better hosting tho - I see broken images
We need to preserve this stuff
gZP3i26.jpg

Oh fook yeah!!!
I love every single shoop in this thread... but this one is epic AF!!!
I'm glad I've never seen that side of Brother Arq personally :eek:
<Eek2.0>
MjJoiCV.gif
Q5yaBij.gif

<Eek2.0>

Yeah mate, Icarus Dream Suite is one of my favourite pieces of music of all time - I really like the different phases/sections it goes through. Far Beyond the Sun is another absolute classic.

That Jason Becker song 'Altitudes' is friggen awesome - there's some masterful arpeggio execution in there. It sounds like some of it is sweep picked, and some of it is tapping. Yngwie did a song with the same type of feel, although with a completely different approach, called 'Crying'. You likely know it already, but here it is if you don't. It's the very first Ynqwie song I learned to play. My favourite part is right at the 4 minute mark - so much feel and depth to that section...

My friends used to try to give me shit for playing Malmsteen and Vai, and not Jimi Hendrix or BB King. Roll forward 25 years and they no longer listen to Hendrix and BB King, but I still listen to Vai and Malmsteen. So Vai and Malmsteen have stood the test of time for me.

The fact that you can play some of those songs on anything other than air-guitar is incredible, I envy you :)
Altitudes is the song that started my interest in neoclassical metal. Becker's story makes one heart break.

It pisses me off when people discredit Malmsteen. Or say that he's an asshole. Well, DUH!! Maybe he is, so f..g what? When another people were engaging in social interactions, he was practising 10 hours a day and reinventing guitar music. If I had 1% of his skill I'd be an arrogant asshole too.
I love his dreamy stuff, great vibrato + short bursts of solo. Like in Icarus suite at around 7:00 - 7:10. Songs like Dreaming were as good as it gets as well. It goes without saying that you can't have a "prime period" forever.
I sure as hell prefer any repeatable guitar stuff than zero-value modern mumble rap. This is literally crap converted into music(?).

Great to know that there are like-minded people here as well hehe

Last edited:
It goes without saying that you can't have a "prime period" forever.
Brother Malm got arthritis decades ago or so. He soldiered on and everything he'z done lately is a tribute to teh human spirit persisting despite physical limitationz. He attacks his physical disabilities with the same infinite spirit he attacks teh guitar with while rocking doze sick AF licks that changed teh world.

aXIbA5x.jpg

Last edited:
Back