Snatching defeat from the clutches of victory

Fear of being taken down and submitted on the ground? That changes a strikers entire mindset.
Yeah, I guess that combined with the first elbow that hit him rocking him really badly.
Probably had him all out of sorts.

Sergio Pettis vs whoever he just fought
Arlovski vs Fedor

Has it really been that long? Y'all musta forgot about Congo vs Barry

EmotionalPartialKawala-size_restricted.gif

C1Mh.gif
That kind of heart is how Kongo became UFC champion.

A1D1D4A3-03BB-4239-87F8-FBA4001F2404.png

Thiago Alves had been beating up Kampmann for the entire fight, and with one minute left in the fight he chooses to go for a takedown for some godforsaken reason (edit: apparantly according to Werdun his coach told him to shoot a TD lmao)

alveskampmann.gif
Kampmann did rock him bad with a front kick to the face in the first

Volkov vs Lewis and equally Overeem vs Rozenstruik. Both comfortably winning until the last 10 seconds of a 5 round fight. Both pissed me off lol
I don't know ... Within the last 2 years whenever Overeem fought, I was always super uneasy cause you just knew that one single touch could crumble him. Even though he was winning that fight clearly, one could never ease up. He's just as close to losing as winning at any point. He has tons of such losses. Bigfoot for example.

Isn't it "snatching victory from the jaws of defeat"?

<Manning1>
From the perspective of the other fighter, yes.
Look at it the other way and it's still accurate.
It's like a palindrome of a post, y'see
<TheDonald>

I don't know ... Within the last 2 years whenever Overeem fought, I was always super uneasy cause you just knew that one single touch could crumble him. Even though he was winning that fight clearly, one could never ease up. He's just as close to losing as winning at any point. He has tons of such losses. Bigfoot for example.
That's why Overeem fights are great. He's a glass cannon, and you never know how it's going to end. But it's probably going to be a KO.

Back