So, people don't like Jorge Masvidal anymore?

If he wins they will like him again. They like whoever wins

Reactions: HHJ
So as a viewer, you would be happy just as long as he gets good money and an easy fight?

Really?
Ok imagine Ngannou refusing to defend the title for say 1 year and then accepting a 50 mill $ fight against IDK, fucking Brock Lesnar. WOuld you be happy, as an astute viewer of MMA fights? I don't understand why people amalgamate profitable marketing tricks from fighters with their own preferences as viewers.
Two completely different things.

Counterpoints:
1) UFC can pay the fighters more to secure the tough fights you and I want to see. Et voilà!
2) If UFC is willing to pay $50M (I know, hyperbole) to make Ngannou vs. Lesnar, it clearly means you and I are are NOT the UFCs target audience, so what's to cry about?

I don't really buy the negativity towards Masvidal. He is 35 years old, and choosing the best route to compensation and rewards. He won and made the right decision. People think he has no chance against Usman, but that's not what Jorge thinks. He is getting a title shot, and he is not going in the ring believing he is going to lose. Fighting Colby is going to pay him may be a 3rd of what he is going to get for Usman, and no belt.

This isn't personal, this is business of the sport.

Yes but I don't get that narrative. That he gamed the game to bring him an easy payday / TS, all that is pretty good for him.

But we are not commenters of his CV, are we? We are here to watch fights and we shouldn't give 2 fucks about anything non-fight related.
Back in the way old days (even pre-TUF) when I used to post on the UG, any fighter-bashing was considered verboten. Sometimes even ripping a fighter for holding out - like Frank Shamrock - was considered fighter bashing. Taking Dana's side over a fighter was practically fighter bashing. Not always, but the line was far, far lower than it is today.

And I guess that hard line of what is and isn't fight bashing stuck with me.

So when I see fans shitting on a guy for holding out, it bugs me. And sometimes I try to point out that it's their right to hold out, if not their obligation to themselves. Why? Because I will almost always respect the fighter's position more than management's.

And the fact Dana created the rules the fighters are forced to contend with only proves how much power he has, and how little fighters have. The few times a year a fighter has leverage and uses it, I say good luck and godspeed. If the personal cost to me is 3 less good fights a year, I will eat it. Because I respect fighters.

I hope that read wasn't too obscure. Cheers.

he does not have many options and no one is interested in seeing him fight an overrated diaz that already lost. he would gain some traction if Nick came to the table.

Counterpoints:
1) UFC can pay the fighters more to secure the tough fights you and I want to see. Et voilà!
2) If UFC is willing to pay $50M (I know, hyperbole) to make Ngannou vs. Lesnar, it clearly means you and I are are NOT the UFCs target audience, so what's to cry about?

Nobody is crying, just criticising.
By your logic, no criticism is warranted on thr topic then because critics are not target audience. OK let's discuss how great the world is, then.

So, people don't like Jorge Masvidal anymore?

He was never my friend...

What happened. All his videos have so many dislikes.

I think that's misleading. I think it would take a lot to undo the good will he built up. He's still going to probably be the most cheered guy in nearly every fight he's in. As bad of a showing as he put forth against Usman, this will still be a huge ppv. People will still believe in him.

I do notice what you're talking about. I think it's inevitable. He was a guy who was not gonna get an opportunity and got few over the years until he fought Cerrone. He got a title eliminator with Maia and lost. Lost his next fight. Opportunities dried up. He was the fall guy against Till, Askren and Nate. He fought for worth and got it. He's going to get everything out of it he can. Everybody does it at some point. It'll annoy people. That's the game though and it always will be.

Like I said, it's fine for now. I mean just a year ago..he was holding out for a better deal to fight Usman so they gave the shot to burns. When Burns got covid and Masvidal accepted...he was looked at as a badass for it. Reality was..only reason Burns vs Usman was even a fight was Jorge wanting a better deal.

If he loses, he's got fights with Colby and Leon waiting. Rematch with Nate I guess? All sorts of opportunities. He probably doesn't even have to fight again after this. He could just endorse random items, start a shitty podcast and live off that. He's a rare story. He knows that.

If he loses those fights people will still be with him.

MMA fans went nuts when he barely touched Edwards and said “3 piece with a biscuit” like cats haven’t been saying that for decades. Won a fake belt lol. Only in MMA.

Everyone is ok w aljo trolling and sitting on the belt? Well eat this too then motherfuckers.

How lost are you? There are literally an army of people shitting on Aljo lol. You would have to dig deep to find a single soul defending him

And even then its a shit comparison, Aljo is talking about sitting out for like 6 months for surgery. Masvidals been ducking people left and right for way longer than that

Sucker punching Leon Scott and then refusing to fight is an ultimate bitch move that would get 0 respect from any sensible MMA fan. Add that to the fact he continuously refuses to fight Colby even though thats the fight everybody wants. Guy has no honor as a fighter

He is literally the opposite of BMF. The gay dude who walked around with a dong on TUF is a bigger badass than Masdival

He ducked Colby and got a title shot over other fighters like Wonderboy/Colby.

Easy fight for Usman and more money I guess

And he beat gatekeeper Diaz for a title that says hes the BMF lmfao

Lots of liberal cucks got butthurt when they found out Mas is an anti commie Trump guy.

Jorge ducking fighters to fight Usman's definitely Sherdogger logic. Usman's the clear best in that division, by many miles. Who ducks a barely top 5 guy only to fight the champ? If Colby was the money fight he'd be fighting him. I guess he is technically ducking lower money fights, the nerve of him!

This reminds me of back when everyone on here was saying Brock was a pussy who was scared of getting punched. Then he signed a contract and fought Shane fucking Carwin. At that time UFC would have let him fight whoever he wanted. The lack of logic here knows no bounds.

When your career gets defined by exciting moments, you have to keep having those moments to stay popular. He can't just ride off the Askren knee and the 3 piece and a soda forever. The Nate fight was anti-climactic with the way it ended, then he got shut out by Usman in a boring fight, what goes up must come down. He really hasn't done anything great since Askren which was almost 2 years ago, even casual nuthuggers start falling off by that point.

Sucker punching Leon Scott and then refusing to fight is an ultimate bitch move that would get 0 respect from any sensible MMA fan. Add that to the fact he continuously refuses to fight Colby even though thats the fight everybody wants. Guy has no honor as a fighter

He is literally the opposite of BMF. The gay dude who walked around with a dong on TUF is a bigger badass than Masdival
Agreed. Can't stand the guy. Annoying as hell too.

How lost are you? There are literally an army of people shitting on Aljo lol. You would have to dig deep to find a single soul defending him

And even then its a shit comparison, Aljo is talking about sitting out for like 6 months for surgery. Masvidals been ducking people left and right for way longer than that
He don't have a belt,he's not obligated to fight anybody and he got a title shot anyway. Fuckin tremendous.

Routing for him but Usman scary. Smart money on Usman he is stronger and skills about even.

Back